Post-Game Talk: Habs Out-pen Pens in 5-1 Spanking -- Lord Byron Rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
There he is, the star of the game:

HEj8V0d.gif

ivCz1oi.jpg

And Groove added to the favorable game result by yet another delicious contribution of his own:

koCipqa.gif

Oh, and Kotkaniemi is only 15 according to Bob Cole -- we may then be able to count on him for longer than anticipated. Thanks Bob!

Discuss!!!

Excellent PGT, as always Runner! Thanks for the endorsements. :laugh:

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I wouldn't read too much into it. The coaches want him to reach his potential and if that means dropping him down to the 4th line, so be it.

In his first two NHL games, he's played against 4 of the best centers in the league.

I hope you're right.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
There he is, the star of the game:

HEj8V0d.gif

ivCz1oi.jpg

And Groove added to the favorable game result by yet another delicious contribution of his own:

koCipqa.gif

Oh, and Kotkaniemi is only 15 according to Bob Cole -- we may then be able to count on him for longer than anticipated. Thanks Bob!

Discuss!!!

Great stuff!!

Reactions: Runner77

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Kotkaniemi was on the 4th line by the end of the game. That wasn’t deserved. Hopefully Julien isn’t losing trust in his play..

He wasn't demoted but promoted to a line with Hudon instead of Drouin :)

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
In reality we won both games, despite ally Drouin won the first Toronto game, he played it to help the laffs, thinking if he's doing this on purpose. But oh well, we did great, another impressive game, if this keeps going on, the window starts to close slowly with Jack Hughes!

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
Feels so fing good! What a game again against a contender.
Stay humble keep the underdog role as long as possible but you can see the confidence is progressively growing.
Team is for real
Months and years ahead will be a lot of fun!
Go Habs Go!

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Probably.

Got rid of two floaters in Pacioretty and Galchenyuk and it shows.

Every shift is hard work.

Not the most talented lineup but they don't give an inch.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Didn't see the game. Going to tomorrow morning. Had a romantic evening with wifey. How was the kid?

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Fast, strong on puck, smart, young, and full of renewed good vibes.

I like what I'm seeing.

Ive seen enough hockey in my life to make such bold predictions!

I am very very pleased with the effort and consequent results from our boys. I hope I never see another Lose for Hughes post. Barf....I don’t watch them hoping they lose. I can never understand that mentality, especially when the season just began. I can see it if you are far gone and the season is winding down, but not game 1-2.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Man I would love if this kid continues like this, outscores Galchy and stays at C. Let us win a big trade for once.

Loved how he's played yet.
We already won the Pacioretty trade so that's a win for us! Of course I want Domi to be better than Galchenyuk, he's on the Habs and is 200 times the better skater. I just wish Drouin didn't suck farts or that we could get a defenseman back for him.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The pens have given up 12 goals at home in 2 games, ouch. I wonder if both teams looked at the roster and thought it would be too easy cause the pens looked worse then the leafs. So many turnovers by the pens, but it's so early.

Domi was one of the better players again, really like that line as I like a playmaker with Lehkonen to get him going and with Byron/Domi it helps off-set Lehkonen's speed not that he's slow but for a player his size I'd like to see him be a little quicker.

Wonder if Price even broke a sweat, hardly any big chances against.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
We already won the Pacioretty trade so that's a win for us! Of course I want Domi to be better than Galchenyuk, he's on the Habs and is 200 times the better skater. I just wish Drouin didn't suck farts or that we could get a defenseman back for him.

Most of the things Drouin does that makes him so hard to like is "fixable". He could learn if he was actually open to it and not full of himself. This is why I had Merkley as a ND tbh. He's not near as talented as Drouin but twice the headcase.

I mean, how much of a self centered bitch do you have to be to play much worse than he is currently and refuse to be demoted to the AHL. Guy thinks hes above that. Even Kucherov played games down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad