Post-Game Talk: Habs Out-pen Pens in 5-1 Spanking -- Lord Byron Rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
nope, you are absolutely right, 2 wins and the Habs should cancel any rebuilding plans they ever had. Nobody ever expected the Habs to win two games in a row, nobody...

last two games were good (and fun to watch), but some of you need to stop acting like Habs just won the cup. You're making Leafs fans look like sane people.

Ottawa has the same record as the Habs.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
nope, you are absolutely right, 2 wins and the Habs should cancel any rebuilding plans they ever had. Nobody ever expected the Habs to win two games in a row, nobody...

last two games were good (and fun to watch), but some of you need to stop acting like Habs just won the cup. You're making Leafs fans look like sane people.

No one is doing anything like that. People are just happily surprised at how well the Habs are playing. We haven't seen entertaining hockey in years man.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
No one is doing anything like that. People are just happily surprised at how well the Habs are playing. We haven't seen entertaining hockey in years man.
while people are happy the way the Habs are playing, there is people in the Habs forum creating threads comparing this team to last year VGK, talking about "eating crows" after two games or looking for "Negative people".

No need to pretend otherwise, happy the way the Habs play ? sure, every Habs fan is... planning the parade ? too many are doing just that after TWO games.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Very pleasantly surprised. I love fast hard working teams. I know it's only two games and all but it wouldn't surprise me to see this team in the hunt for a playoff spot if they can continue this type of play. I didn't think that was possible a few months ago.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Kotkaniemi wasn’t that good. Lots of turnovers, two minor penalties (though they were weak). But he’s also playing the team with the best centres in the league.

Yes. And I see he's starting to get the same cuddle treatment from the fans as Galchenyuk got. People just have blinders on when they fall in love with a player. The kid has had a rough game all night.

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
Nice to see team looking alright but it's 2 games. Drouin needs to get going, looks awful. Kotkaniemi looks okay, great for someone so young and he has a VERY bright future but I'd play it cautious and send him back. Obviously there will be struggles this year but things seem to generally be trending right. The most important thing is Drouin finding his game, he needs to be an impact player.

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
Would be VERY interested to see the record with Pacioretty in the line-up vs without.

Last year was the first time he missed any real time since breaking his neck and we went 4-11-3 without him. Not sure how telling any of those stats are, though. I doubt there's any correlation to the team getting better without him or Galchenyuk, per se. Just the fact of bringing in fresh faces and a new outlook has helped early. Just the way moving on from Subban didn't make us better in 16-17 like some thought, despite the fact we jumped 21 points in the standings. The organization needed to move in a different direction and there's still work to be done.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Very happy with the Habs' play and especially Carey Price so far.

We'll have ups and downs all year, and there's no way to tell if we can sustain this level of play all year. Our safety net remains Price. If he stays in top form all year he'll be able to bail us out when we stumble.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Good game. The Habs came out strong in the beginning. They used speed and were great with forechequing. If they can continue playing like this every night, I believe this team can surprise. However, other teams will adjust and I don't know if the Habs can keep this up.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
His 9 goal seasons left little to be desired but I have to admit he's been a spark plug out there these past 2 games. Hopefully he starts putting the puck in the net with some consistency.

More like so many posters who have never watched him play chime in as though they've read the book when in reality they have only glanced at the cover.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Never said that. Why you exaggerate things? They are a fun speedy team to watch.

Last year everything went wrong that could go wrong. Major injuries and off seasons to star players. We never had our star goalie, #1 d-man and best goal scorer most of the year. Yet finished only 5 games under .500. Take those 3 off any team in league and be similar. Take Chara, Rask and Bergeron off Bruins where they finish? Crosby, Murray, off Pens? It's the same with all teams

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Positives:

Byron
Domi
Lehkonen
Juulsen
Benn
Armia
Reilly
Price
Tatar's 1st Habs point
Hudon's sneaky goal

Approx what I expect

Mete
Shaw
Petry
Gallagher
Ouellet
Danault

I would like to see more from

Drouin
Hudon
Peca

Regarding Kotkaniemi - he's so dynamic he looks great but I'm worried for the Habs to keep him up. They clearly can use his skill this year but they also would benefit in the long run if he polishes off his game and becomes a reliable driver on offence in the near future.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Some Coyotes fans called it -- we'd love Domi. Kid is a player. Smart, tenacious, even does a good interview. I love Galchenyuk's potential, but the question remains if he'll ever reach it.

Right now, Galchenyuk's the BMW with wonky transmission and Domi's the Nissan Maxima that never stops going.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Positives:

Regarding Kotkaniemi - he's so dynamic he looks great but I'm worried for the Habs to keep him up. They clearly can use his skill this year but they also would benefit in the long run if he polishes off his game and becomes a reliable driver on offence in the near future.

I think we're all thinking the same thing about Kotka. Let's hope the club is looking out for his development and not just their ticket sales.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
More like so many posters who have never watched him play chime in as though they've read the book when in reality they have only glanced at the cover.

Only watched him play internationally, not in Junior and why would I watch Arizona. Thought he was similar to Gallagher in terms of hustle and determination when I did see him play, but wasn't happy trading a 30 goal scorer for a 10 goal scorer when this team was inept at scoring. I have to admit I like what he's bringing to the team and this trade is looking positive.

About posters chiming in about their opinions, well, that's what we're here for. I never claimed to have read the book just adding my 2 cents to the conversation, but I'm relieved to know we have an expert on board to clarify everything here. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad