Post-Game Talk: Habs Out-pen Pens in 5-1 Spanking -- Lord Byron Rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Really? How dare some Habs fans be happy with the effort this team seems to put forward ?
I don’t blame them for being some what excited. This team is very fast and the coach has finally sat the old and slow !!!
It is great to see. I think most people (myself included) expected us to get absolutely crushed this year. And really, given the roster I don't mind losing as I expect it. But if we're going to lose at least go down fighting.

I still expect a long season but I'll be a lot happier if we can put up respectable performances over the year than getting blown out every night.

40Armia

Oct 8, 2018
It is great to see. I think most people (myself included) expected us to get absolutely crushed this year. And really, given the roster I don't mind losing as I expect it. But if we're going to lose at least go down fighting.

I still expect a long season but I'll be a lot happier if we can put up respectable performances over the year than getting blown out every night.

There you go ! This is all i am saying. The poster who quoted me and talked Stanley cup is way out there !! I’m convinced that Habs fans aren’t talking SC and have zero expectations

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
I’m convinced that Habs fans aren’t talking SC and have zero expectations
And why should we have zero expectation after 7 years of Bergevin with the team he got in 2012?

Bergevin has been AT BEST 7 years wasted. I would say more but at least 7

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
J-F Chaumont‏Compte certifié @JFChaumontJDM

Les trios ce matin. Aucun changement. Assez logique. #Habs Tatar-Danault-Gallagher Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Armia Byron-Domi-Lehkonen Hudon-Peca-Shaw JDLR-Plekanec-Scherbak

Good to see JDLR back training. Presumably his heart is ok!

The kid (only 23) skates fast, is one of our biggest players, forechecks well, has a good shot if someone can get him the puck, and is he is not afraid to go into dirty areas.

His style suits our current system, so he may come in useful as some point.

Last edited:

40Armia

Oct 8, 2018
And why should we have zero expectation after 7 years of Bergevin with the team he got in 2012?

Bergevin has been AT BEST 7 years wasted. I would say more but at least 7

Well you can have all the expectations you want. I’m not going backwards. Be it with or without MB. I’m excited with the speed and intensity i see from this young team. Still hope they finish dead last this year. But i like the hustle period. And no Plekaencs ;)

Reactions: Redux91

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
MTL will need to makea move tho.... Scherbak on waivers?

I would consider trading Plekanec early. Like Streit last year, he is probably not needed. He was insurance, but we have better guys. DeLaRose is already solid defensively with good speed and forechecking ability and Scherbak still has a glimmer of hope to become a top-9.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Is there an urgent need to take JDLR out of the IR? (Not a rhetorical question)

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Is there an urgent need to take JDLR out of the IR? (Not a rhetorical question)

It's probaly like Shaw, the guy really want to play and you can't keep him on IR if everyone is telling him that he's fine.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It's probaly like Shaw, the guy really want to play and you can't keep him on IR if everyone is telling him that he's fine.

I do agree, however... :
- Heart issues aren't your regular injury
- Andrew Shaw's status on the team is quite different than DLR's.

Reactions: Redux91

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I do agree, however... :
- Heart issues aren't your regular injury
- Andrew Shaw's status on the team is quite different than DLR's.

I do agree with you but still I found the context a little bit fishy, I got to think MTL didn't want to lose any player through waivers so fast at the start of the season and may have arrange something with DLR.

Now with the long injury to Dubinsky, MTL might be able to talk with them about Plekanec and get something interesting in return? I would play Plekanec the next 2 games( to reach his 1000 games in MTL) and then trade him or send him in Laval.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I do agree with you but still I found the context a little bit fishy, I got to think MTL didn't want to lose any player through waivers so fast at the start of the season and may have arrange something with DLR.

Now with the long injury to Dubinsky, MTL might be able to talk with them about Plekanec and get something interesting in return? I would play Plekanec the next 2 games( to reach his 1000 games in MTL) and then trade him or send him in Laval.

I think Plekanec is likelier to report to Laval than to the Blue Jackets.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
There you go ! This is all i am saying. The poster who quoted me and talked Stanley cup is way out there !! I’m convinced that Habs fans aren’t talking SC and have zero expectations
you are dead wrong then. there has been talks of Byron AND Lehkonen scoring 30, Domi reaching 70 assists, comparison between Habs and last season VGK, etc.

the "we're just happy reasonable fans" can stop, that's bull, we see here a shitload of people making leafs fans look sane.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
you are dead wrong then. there has been talks of Byron AND Lehkonen scoring 30, Domi reaching 70 assists, comparison between Habs and last season VGK, etc.

the "we're just happy reasonable fans" can stop, that's bull, we see here a ****load of people making leafs fans look sane.

Lol jeez relax..the domi getting 70 assists was clearly a joke by the poster

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
so was the 35G for Byron
and the 35G for Lehkonen
and the VGK comparison
etc

So now its 35 each instead of 30, even you are adding hypothetical goals now, see how that works
But, Im not sure whats so absolutely crazy about our 20 goal scorers potentially flirting with 30 with better centers, system and play..?
and im not sure whats so absolutely crazy about the habs looking similar in speed to the knights from last year?

Basically, what are you so upset about lol

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
So now its 35 each instead of 30, even you are adding hypothetical goals now, see how that works
But, Im not sure whats so absolutely crazy about our 20 goal scorers potentially flirting with 30 with better centers, system and play..?
and im not sure whats so absolutely crazy about the habs looking similar in speed to the knights from last year?

Basically, what are you so upset about lol
we're going to the SCF, great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->