Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Ok.

Talbot is rumoured to be possibly available given Philly has a glut of salaries to manage. Do you acquire him in trade or sign Lapierre as a ufa?

I'd rather have Talbot than Lapierre, but I'd rather not give anything up for either of them, so go for Lapierre.

And really, I still like Lapierre as a 4C. But does he know he'd be playing on the 4th line? I thought that wasn't good enough for him the first time.

We get eaten alive at even strength.

Not sure we'd be better on special teams either. And it looks like poor Eller instead of getting some PP time, will get double PK time instead.

Galchenyuk4habs

Nov 13, 2011
Montreal
Ok.

Talbot is rumoured to be possibly available given Philly has a glut of salaries to manage. Do you acquire him in trade or sign Lapierre as a ufa?

Neither one, Lappiere is a big NO for me.
Talbot is decent, but much rather get a bigger (HW) than him as we already have our Talbot(Prust)

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I have a feeling everyone will be disappointed after tomorrow.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Sign Lapierre and bring our boy back home.
Sign Scuderi or trade for Klesla, for the love of god we need a d-man.
Trade for Evander Kane, we have futures to spare!

edit: this post came across much more cheerful that I'd figured. I'm mad as hell at Bergevin and that inept braintrust we've got. Just awful at every important asset juncture - on deadline day, draft day and now.

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
And I am again reminding of what a sad fickle bunch our fan base is composed of. Always one step away from jumping off the figurative bridge.

Have some faith and let the GM do his job. Wait until the season is played to voice your disappointment.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
I have a feeling everyone will be disappointed after tomorrow.

Depends. I am not expecting much. Clowe and Clarkson will get crazy contracts I bet. We'd be better off looking at trade options.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
No to Lapierre.

But I'm on board for a dman.

Yes to Lapierre and the dman.

6'2", playoff-performer, good on the draw, excellent on the PK, entertaining as hell, surprisingly soft hands. Lapierre's a Montrealer to boot. I want him to come home.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
It always surprises me how rumours always only show up one at a time. First Lecavalier, the Briere, who's next on the rumour mill?

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
And I am again reminding of what a sad fickle bunch our fan base is composed of. Always one step away from jumping off the figurative bridge.

Have some faith and let the GM do his job. Wait until the season is played to voice your disappointment.

Like always, people want a cup NOW... but they keep forgetting that there are 29 other teams as well. Good thing I'm giving Bergevin 2 to 4 more years before I voice an accurate opinion about his job. Since, you know, trying to say that he's doing a ****** job before he's finished isn't really fair, nor logical.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
If I understand correctly tomorrow's free agency starts at noon? So basically when i wake up? :D

-All jokes aside, I'm not sure who we should sign now as we have what like? 3.5m to work with? So Clarkson/Iginla/Horton/Clowe is a nono, Fistric is always a possibility, but I expect a trade tomorrow. Or before the beginning of the season, for a long time now Plekanec for Stewart+2nd has been proposed here, and I'm calling it now (if I haven't before by proposing it..) that Stewart is going to be a hab ;)

We have 5m $.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Yes to Lapierre and the dman.

6'2", playoff-performer, good on the draw, excellent on the PK, entertaining as hell, surprisingly soft hands. Lapierre's a Montrealer to boot. I want him to come home.

and hes also a pretty good fighter nowdays

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
The best part about signing Nystrom would be having both Eric Nystrom and Erik Nyström as part of the organization and proceed to confuse everyone.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
And how exactly do you give Nystrom enough minutes to offset the fact that DD and Briere can't defend their way out of a closet? It makes no sense.

Where did you get that Briere is a non-backchecking turnover machine? He's not exactly Doug Gilmour but he's decent enough.

Oh right. This is about trading away Plekanec, which would cause the Hab universe as we know it to collapse in upon itself. Our very own Datsyuk.

Don't worry, we'll see plenty of Datsyuk next season so we'll know what a Selke performance is truly all about.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Where did you get that Briere is a non-backchecking turnover machine? He's not exactly Doug Gilmour but he's decent enough.

Oh right. This is about trading away Plekanec, which would cause the Hab universe as we know it to collapse in upon itself. Our very own Datsyuk.

Don't worry, we'll see plenty of Datsyuk next season so we'll know what a Selke performance is truly all about.

****.... I forgot that the Wings are now in our division.... ****!

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

No, Briere really is that awful defensively. It's been covered. He's one of the most sheltered offensive players in the league. Check out the first thread we had on briere, around page 15 or so. I'm tired of linking to it.

And if you really don't think that pleks is the most useful forward on this team, there's no amount of hockey you can watch or articles you can read that will help you figure it out.

And no he's no ****ing datsyuk. Hyperbole ftw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad