Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamingofdrouin*

Do you know anything about Perron or are just speculating he is worth Plekanec, if Bergy did that straight up I would have his head. Perron is talented but way too many question marks.

Among other things we would have a shot a drafting first.

no...i just didn't bother to try and guess as to what else might be involved in the deal...but yah i realize st/louis would have to add to make it even...thinking probly a pick

dreamingofdrouin*

Ok.

Talbot is rumoured to be possibly available given Philly has a glut of salaries to manage. Do you acquire him in trade or sign Lapierre as a ufa?

both. but talbot first. I would love talbot. He wanted to be here but just got more more term than he could refuse from philly...make it happen MB. therrien must be all over this.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
We didn't know which Max Pac we'd be getting back either.

In all probability, he'll be fine.

Yes, MaxPac, as much as I like him, should be seriously looked at. I mean, I didn't like his comments about his supposed "new style" that doesn't include physicality that much. Unless I totally misheard or misinterpreted it, I didn't like it.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Yes, MaxPac, as much as I like him, should be seriously looked at. I mean, I didn't like his comments about his supposed "new style" that doesn't include physicality that much. Unless I totally misheard or misinterpreted it, I didn't like it.

I remember that interview, he was asked about going to the net and how it seemed like he wasn't doing it as much.. He said he was "working with coaches on his perimeter game" and that elite players always have a combination of tools that they can be effective anywhere on the ice and he wanted to be more effective at getting that pass to open guy at the net..

Which is fine.. But he still needs to bring that other element to his game on the PP or in a tight game to go towards the net.. He was lacking that in his game all last season and when you're on a line with desharnais, who let's face it, is only a perimeter player, you need to have a nose for the net.

That's the thing about Patches I think sometimes he tries to move more into the playmaking elite type of overall game and tries to do things that maybe he doesn't necesarily have as a skillset. He needs to play more to his strengths and that's more of a coaching thing too.

PricePkPatch*

I'm just trolling but Nashville was looking at Brière. Desharnais could be a decent pick up for them.

I am not sure of Nashville's needs, but I wouldn't mind such trade. Gaustad might have had a bad season recently, but he plays hard in front of the net.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
I want Lapierre/Talbot and Hendricks plz !!

And please, Bergevin, find a way to trade Gionta!

Thought Gionta would of been packaged at the draft. Indeed, signing Briere will only make sense to me if Gionta is traded - and most probably will some salary retention.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
Gionta cant be traded until he's off IR right?
Id try to trade DD first. Gionta only has a year left anyway, and if he's good for the locker room, I wouldnt mind keeping him and let him finish off his contract with the team.

plafleur10

Apr 6, 2003
Visit site
I am not sure of Nashville's needs, but I wouldn't mind such trade. Gaustad might have had a bad season recently, but he plays hard in front of the net.

I'd do Gaustad for DD no problem. Although Gaustad's cap hit is as despisable as DD's, we need to unload some of the smurfs and bring in bigger bodies and to change the team complexion.

PricePkPatch*

I'd do Gaustad for DD no problem. Although Gaustad's cap hit is as despisable as DD's, we need to unload some of the smurfs and bring in bigger bodies and to change the team complexion.

With Briere in, DD has became a bit superfluous, indeed. I don't mind swapping somewhat bad contract to fill needs.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Doesn't help with size much now that we signed the Briere but we have too many centers and DD has become obsolete.

With that in mind, I wonder if we can swap DD for Perron? They could use a centre and we could use Perron who's on record as saying he'd welcome a trade to Montreal. Sounds like he already has a foot out the door.

That would give us:

Bourque Pleks Gio
Patches Briere Perron
A Gally Eller B Gally
Moen White Prust

If Gio is injured to start the season, just move up the RW and add Dumont/who ever to the 4th line. Still works out ok.

Plus whomever we sign or additional trades. Certainly better than having DD with Briere on his wing giving us the smallest line in the NHL with no grit what so ever

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
I'm still surprised to see so much people talk about Lapierre when a guy like Gordon is also available.

I would make all what I can to get Gordon before even thinking about Lapierre.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Fred Poulin ‏@FredPoulin98 5m #Habs Tomas Plekanec is 27th in scoring among forwards and 18th among centres since 2009-2010. They better get a good return if he's traded.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Fred Poulin ‏@FredPoulin98 5m #Habs Tomas Plekanec is 27th in scoring among forwards and 18th among centres since 2009-2010. They better get a good return if he's traded.

They better not trade him. If Bergevin makes a move it's got to be DD. You signed him find a way to trade him now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad