Habs Off-season discussion Part 3 (All your ****** proposals go here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
We 100% should be making a run for Ehrhoff.

Would be nice if MB settled PK and Eller up so we have a much better idea about our cap space. At the same time MB should be trying to move Moen and Briere to clear room. Let Gio walk.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
I don't see how MB can make a big splash in the UFA/trade market without trading one of Gorges/Emelin or even Briere. But considering the way MB speaks about Emelin, as well as Briere's contributions in the playoffs, I'm thinking Gorges is the odd man out.

Subban's deal has to be done in the next 48 hours right? I don't see how management can continue with their off-season signings without knowing how much space Subban's new contract will take up.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I don't see how MB can make a big splash in the UFA/trade market without trading one of Gorges/Emelin or even Briere. But considering the way MB speaks about Emelin, as well as Briere's contributions in the playoffs, I'm thinking Gorges is the odd man out.

Subban's deal has to be done in the next 48 hours right? I don't see how management can continue with their off-season signings without knowing how much space Subban's new contract will take up.

And what is disturbing is Kane and Toews coming out with the cash they want to sign extensions. PK may want a shorter term deal to go double digits in a few years. Although at the same time the Cap went up less than expected, which is helpful.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Nygren has already played against men and dominated. He looked great at last camp and is old enough to be given a shot. Pateryn hasn't dominated like Nygren, but he's another who wouldn't surprise me to make it full time. You want them to wait until they are 26 to get a spot?

I don't even consider Nygren a rookie given his experience, after seeing Emelin and Diaz have solid first seasons as 25 year olds in the NHL I don't see why Nygren can't have a similar impact as a 24 year old... also being a RH shot that'll give him a better chance to beat out other guys.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Ehrhoff would be a great replacement for Markov once he retires or if he's dealt in his final year. I'm shocked that the Sabres bought him out. I know that they couldn't trade him without some sort of consequence due to his contract (can anybody enlighten me on the exact situation here?) but I expect Ehrhoff to be part of their future for the next 4-5 years.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...what Bergevin should be doing right now is phoning up Buffalo's brass and pimping Briere and Gorges (perhaps even with a side-dish of Moen)...clear some cap to go after Iggy, Michalek, etc...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And what is disturbing is Kane and Toews coming out with the cash they want to sign extensions. PK may want a shorter term deal to go double digits in a few years.

PK has full leverage on the situation. Wondering what the trickle-down effect will be on account of Kane and Toews and what kind of deal, if any, MB can get signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad