Habs Off-season discussion Part 3 (All your ****** proposals go here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
my wishes are iginla, kulemin and depth rhd. but of course it won't happen because we have 8m tied between briere, moen and prust. :shakehead

Nothing wrong with that. Too bad we couldn't of gotten Polak from St. Louis.

I think we can move Briere or Moen if need be but I'd rather keep Moen if we could.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
According to Bobby Mac, Gorges is going to be traded to one of 15 US teams soon

Not sure if already posted or not. If so, read on...

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

Great, can't wait to see what we get. This definitely means next season will be the year for many rookies and with the 2015 draft being a strong one, I really don't mind. The potential for drama is high :D

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton

No, what he said was that Toronto tried to get a trade for Gorges, but Toronto is a team covered by Gorges NTC (along with every other Canadian team) so a deal couldn`t be done.

That`s not to say that the Habs are going to trade Gorges, or even that they are shopping him. At most you can say based on BMac is that they are willing to trade Gorges, not that they will.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
No, what he said was that Toronto tried to get a trade for Gorges, but Toronto is a team covered by Gorges NTC (along with every other Canadian team) so a deal couldn`t be done.

That`s not to say that the Habs are going to trade Gorges, or even that they are shopping him. At most you can say based on BMac is that they are willing to trade Gorges, not that they will.

Giving that NTC to such an Elite athlete was brilliant.
Unfortunately for us the takers are all the Canadian Market Teams who are sucking.
I'm a little bit surprised Toronto would show an interest after getting burned so badly on the Kommie deal. They do tend to fall for the Mtl player over-hype.
Josh isn't going to land us what we need on his own.
I think we have to move a lefty and if Gorges is part of the deal we better be getting a top 4 RD.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Bear in mind last year was likely an anomaly. He was injured twice, largely due to the shot blocking reliance Torts had and snake bitten once he finally could get back into the game. I would much prefer Burrows to Gionta, because Burrows is an excellent two way player, great on the penalty kill and a decent passer. Basically, when he isn't scoring, he still contributes, whereas Gionta just vanishes.

Gorges for Burrows could be of interest, if Van holds salary on the difference. May or may not have to add to it as well (Vancouver that is). Granted, could just take his salary for a low pick ala Garrison.

Saying Gionta vanishes when he isn't scoring is complete BS. He's a guy that plays at both ends, kills penalities and competes as hard as anybody.

Burrows for Gionta would be a horrible tradeoff when you consider 3 years left at 4.5 mil. Plus the fact that he's been pretty useless the last 2 years. No way in hell you trade Gorges for him...horrible trade.

For a fanbase so large, habs fans seem to not understand the agme and it's finer points.

Briere and Moen need to be off the Roster like yesterday.

Bergevin might be an overall GM but his cap management has been pretty poor so far.

maybe they will be moved...or maybe nobody will take them.

I'm surprised nothing has happened yet, but it could be a waiting game until a few UFA's are off the market...

bigtimehockeyfan999*

Giving that NTC to such an Elite athlete was brilliant.
Unfortunately for us the takers are all the Canadian Market Teams who are sucking.
I'm a little bit surprised Toronto would show an interest after getting burned so badly on the Kommie deal. They do tend to fall for the Mtl player over-hype.
Josh isn't going to land us what we need on his own.
I think we have to move a lefty and if Gorges is part of the deal we better be getting a top 4 RD.

they signed komisarek we didn't trade him to them.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=455940

Josh Gorges stay in Montreal may be coming to an end.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, the defenceman's name has been involved in trade discussions by the Canadiens.

McKenzie adds that the Toronto Maple Leafs made a pitch to their rival club but no Canadian team is on the list of 15 clubs to which Gorges would accept a trade.

Gorges scored one goal and added 13 assists in 66 games with the Canadiens in 2013-14. He had two assists and an even rating in 17 playoff games.

In 560 career NHL games with the San Jose Sharks and Canadiens, Gorges has scored 14 goals and 98 points.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=455940

Josh Gorges stay in Montreal may be coming to an end.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, the defenceman's name has been involved in trade discussions by the Canadiens.

McKenzie adds that the Toronto Maple Leafs made a pitch to their rival club but no Canadian team is on the list of 15 clubs to which Gorges would accept a trade.

Gorges scored one goal and added 13 assists in 66 games with the Canadiens in 2013-14. He had two assists and an even rating in 17 playoff games.

In 560 career NHL games with the San Jose Sharks and Canadiens, Gorges has scored 14 goals and 98 points.

Letting Gionta go and trading Gorges.. that was definitely on my list of things to do to improve the team for next season.

I really hope this happens. But this suggests to me that Gionta and Gorges "leadership" might not be as esteemed as many on this board think.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
phoenix may be looking for a centreman after buying out ribeiro, do you think they would be interested in one of the habs?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Be careful what you wish for....a leadership vacuum can set this team back a few years....

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Be careful what you wish for....a leadership vacuum can set this team back a few years....

I think there are several players, outside of Gio and Gorges, who possess excellent leadership qualities.

Don't think we'll have an issue there.

Our issue continues to be scoring, and PP deployment and strategy.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002

also shot blocking is the new thing and he's been in the top 10 the last 3 years

unless its in a package for a superstar i would not trade him.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
remids me of gainey in that regard.

Right. Because it's really easy to unload unwanted players for value.

You guys would be *****in' like debutantes if there was poor return. Bergeron is clearly trying.

I'd just buy out Briere now and let his agent find a better destination for him. Still save almost $3M on the cap, and I recall seeing a post mentioning that a player with a double buy out has a lesser cap hit. Can't find it, though...

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Right. Because it's really easy to unload unwanted players for value.

You guys would be *****in' like debutantes if there was poor return. Bergeron is clearly trying.

I'd just buy out Briere now and let his agent find a better destination for him. Still save almost $3M on the cap, and I recall seeing a post mentioning that a player with a double buy out has a lesser cap hit. Can't find it, though...

Honestly it is hard to know if MB is shopping these players.

He probably is... but I disagree with a Briere buyout. We would have to pay him for double the time and half the money.

He is still effective.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Honestly it is hard to know if MB is shopping these players.

He probably is... but I disagree with a Briere buyout. We would have to pay him for double the time and half the money.

He is still effective.

I agree he's effective. But this coach will not play him at second or third line centre. So he's not effective anymore.

What we pay him is much less relevant than the cap hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad