Habs Off-season discussion Part 3 (All your ****** proposals go here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Letting Gionta go and trading Gorges.. that was definitely on my list of things to do to improve the team for next season.

I really hope this happens. But this suggests to me that Gionta and Gorges "leadership" might not be as esteemed as many on this board think.

These things are always overrated. Cause it's one thing if Yzerman speaks, it's another thing when it's Gorges or Gio, you know.

Just look at the Rangers, they lose their "Great" Leader Callahan and they go to the Finals that very year.

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
Right. Because it's really easy to unload unwanted players for value.

You guys would be *****in' like debutantes if there was poor return. Bergeron is clearly trying.

I'd just buy out Briere now and let his agent find a better destination for him. Still save almost $3M on the cap, and I recall seeing a post mentioning that a player with a double buy out has a lesser cap hit. Can't find it, though...

i'm not angry brcause he can't unload them, i'm angry because he signed them in the first place.

who is bergeron?

briere is 35+ contract and his entire cap hit will stay even with the buyout.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Letting Gionta go and trading Gorges.. that was definitely on my list of things to do to improve the team for next season.

I really hope this happens. But this suggests to me that Gionta and Gorges "leadership" might not be as esteemed as many on this board think.

unless replaced, trading a top 4 D doesnt improve any team.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Unless Gorges was part of the deal for a new Dman, MB must have a deal already in place for a new D, conditional on him moving Gorges. To do otherwise would put MB in a week bargaining position to move Gorges, or in a position of desperation to trade for a new D or sign one as a UFA if Gorges was moved first. MB would not put himself in either of these spots.

Would have to be an upgrade and that means a PMD, like Yandle or possibly Edler.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Especially one that blocks as many shots as Gorges. Whoever gets him will be very happy with the trade, players like Gorges don't grow on trees.
At 3.9M for me, Gorges needs to do more than block shots, and be a good leader...my issue with Gorges is his contract...he should be fairly easy to deal though...

firewagon77*

Bergevin you need to add size to this team whether it be a Gorges and Budaj type trade for Troy Brouwer or Plekanec and Nygren,and White for Byfuglien type of trade.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Ehrhoff is going to get big money on the open market. Not sure we can afford him.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Would be great if two or even three of

(LD)
Beaulieu
Tinordi

(RD)
Pateryn
Nygren
Dietz

made the lineup.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Ehrhoff was on a cheap, long term deal and he could not be traded even though he is a two way D who can move the puck and there are many teams needing such players.

Cap is weighing in big time and we must take advantage here.

Must let Gio walk, that money I think can get something much better.

Moen or White must go for no other reason that we have too many forwards. If we can trade him, move Moen.

I smell big opportunity here. MB must strike hard. He showed us his shrewdness at the trade deadline, cmon MB.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
:habs

Josh Gorges
Rene Bourque

:panthers

Tomas Kopecky(40% retained)
Dmitry Kulikov(RFA)
Drew Shore

:habs

Travis Moen

:canes

5th round pick'15

This deal, some Canes fans welcomed a Travis Moen, as they say they have no depth in the bottom 6, which was filled in with a lot of AHL guys and juggling. Moen would stabilize their bottom 6 and help them build towards trying tomake the playoffs.

Re-Sign Weaver, Eller, Subban, and Kulikov from the deal.

Then try to sign Iginla, Winnik, and Engelland. Engelland can play back and up front. I think he can bring a bit more physicality and around the same offense than that Gorges can bring. He would also be a cheaper option. Allowing us to get stronger and grittier on the backend.

FORWARDS

Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / David Desharnais ($3.500m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.685m)
Alex Galchenyuk ($0.925m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Jarome Iginla ($5.500m)
Tomas Kopecky ($1.800m—40.00%) / Lars Eller ($2.500m) / Daniel Winnik ($2.500m)
Michael Bournival ($0.660m) / Daniel Briere ($4.000m) / Dale Weise ($1.025m)
Brandon Prust ($2.500m) / Drew Shore ($0.900m)

DEFENSEMEN

Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / P.K. Subban ($7.500m)
Alexei Emelin ($4.100m) / Nathan Beaulieu ($0.925m)
Dmitry Kulikov ($2.850m) / Mike Weaver ($1.350m)
Jarred Tinordi ($0.870m) / Deryk Engelland ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS

Carey Price ($6.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.400m)

BUYOUTS

Tomas Kaberle ($0.000m)
Scott Gomez ($0.000m)

BONUS OVERAGE
$0
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,990,000; BONUSES: $3,457,500
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $1,010,000

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Would be great if two or even three of

(LD)
Beaulieu
Tinordi

(RD)
Pateryn
Nygren
Dietz

made the lineup.

2 or even 3 would be bad. Nygren hasn't played nhl for any amount of game to be able to ascertain whether he's ready or not. We'll see at camp. Tinirdi looked good but after 3 games looked lost. No clue about dietz. Pattern looked good and aside from Beaulieu is the one i see as being the most ready.
I personally see Beaulieu making it out of camp, he's definitely ready. Pattern might but I don't think bergy wants to roll 2 rookies into the season. The other will have to wait for injuries or the occasional cup of coffee.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Maybe in a year or two, but I wouldn't throw either until a full time roster spot right now.

Nygren has already played against men and dominated. He looked great at last camp and is old enough to be given a shot. Pateryn hasn't dominated like Nygren, but he's another who wouldn't surprise me to make it full time. You want them to wait until they are 26 to get a spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad