Rumor: Habs made an offer to Gardiner, a multi-year offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I have watched him...his gaffs are monumental, to say the least... On the other him, he may be 'trash' but that 'trash' is still better than what we have...
Yeah, our LD is...well, to put it politely, leaves a lot to be desired.
Its better than what we have because our Bergevin did not think of a plan about markov leaving retiring. Markov was already old enough to think about the future when bergevin joined habs.

Now hes trying to patch a team whos not even ready to make it pass round 1. , thats if they make the playoffs to begin with.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
If his back is an issue.. at all.. you LTIR him and it's a non-factor.

Gardiner should have been signed long before Chiarot.. well, Chiarot should have never been signed.

Gardiner-Weber
Mete-Petry
Kulak-Not Chiarot

This is under the assumption that Gardiner would play in Montreal, and the reports out there only indicate that he doesn't want to be a part of the habs

Montréal's interest has been there for a long time, so this tweet does not offer any new information.

Reactions: Victorius

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I hope he chooses somewhere else.

No offense meant to the guy, but I just wouldn't trust him in our system.

(Not that I trust Kulak but $$$ talks)

Also we are going to NEED to conserve cap space going forward, and I doubt we will want to have 6+ million locked up in Gardiner then.

We have options. I'd rather wait for Romanov, trade for a solid piece, look in FA next year etc, then sign the worst game 7 D man in the history of the league, who's got well known back issues, while heading into a cap crunch.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'd welcome Gardiner. Keep in mind his defense partners in recent years in Toronto were Zaitsev and Hainsey. I think he'd get an upgrade partnering with Weber or Petry.

Reactions: Vachon23

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Gaston Therrien commented post-practice today that Josh Brook has played a lot on the left side in the past, and that Clode would consider that in terms of icing the best 6 D he can for opening night. Not saying Gaston is any kind of credible, just that it could be a possibility in Clode's mind going into a season where he needs to make the PO.

Gardiner comes with term and a relatively high AAV. Some serious injury potential, and Brisebois-like reputation in the PO.

Only one more year to go before Tsar Time, and 2 to 3 years before a more mature Struble gets a shot at main camp. Harris with an outsider's chance to make the NHL. Mete and Kulak probably here for several years.

I know Jake makes us better right now. I still pass if I'm Bergevin, and I have no issue explaining that to Carey or Shea.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I'm all for signing Gardiner. 2-3 years at $6M. If his back shuts down, throw him on long term.

Gardiner - Weber

Chariot - Petry

Kulak - Folin

cujo1117

Mar 30, 2018
hope gardiner pulls a josh gorges...we shouldve neverd signed chariot if were serious about gardiner

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
No….put up 44 points in 50 games in his last season in the OHL
I'm not calling a defensive D

Josh Gorges had 59 points in his D+1 year in the WHL, is he an offensive D too?

Game is not all offensive D and stay-at-home D. His strenght is the defensive side of things, but he's also good at passing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The good news is that there have been reports that Gardiner has no interest in Montreal, so MB might just get saved from himself again all thanks to the Lucic, Belesky, Bonino Doctrine.

HabsEstrie

Sep 30, 2017
He is not terrible in his zone. It's just that when he makes a mistake, it is generally more "memorable" and therefore it gives people who judge player by "highly memorable events", rather than the grand scheme of things, this impression.

No, i am pretty sure he is horrible in his zone.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
He's not "great", but he's slightly above average. The thing is, when he's on the ice, opponents get lesser scoring opportinities, lesser shots, etc. than when he's not. Despite having to play with an actual anchor in Zaitsev, who is pretty much a negative in every aspect of the game. Overall, he has a positive defensive impact. Like I said, it's just a matter of people focusing on the "memorable".

Reactions: stopclickbait

beh3moth

May 27, 2010
What were his PP stats? I could see mgmt thinking he'd help the power play given his offensive reputation.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Josh Gorges had 59 points in his D+1 year in the WHL, is he an offensive D too?

Game is not all offensive D and stay-at-home D. His strenght is the defensive side of things, but he's also good at passing.

Gorges wasn't drafted.

But what is Mete...he's not shutdown D-men, lack size for that and can't clean the front of his net.
He's not an offensive D-men, at least not with this production…...

He's mobile, very good skater….good passing.
He's not use on the PP, not really use on the PK.

Still have hopes for him, still very young for a D, but right now, he's a 3rd pairing D producing less than Benn.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
What were his PP stats? I could see mgmt thinking he'd help the power play given his offensive reputation.

5 points last year
15 points 2 years ago

But to be fair, he wasn't on the first wave so he played a lot less than Rielly.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Gardiner was on the ice for 49 goals against last year…..in the regular D, he was the one who was on the ice for the less goal against (and i pro-rated things to compensate for his injury)

Although i agree he's not good in any way, shape or form….he's not as horrible as you make him out to be

Reactions: HabsEstrie

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
If his back is an issue.. at all.. you LTIR him and it's a non-factor.

Gardiner should have been signed long before Chiarot.. well, Chiarot should have never been signed.

Gardiner-Weber
Mete-Petry
Kulak-Not Chiarot

The only problem is I feel like Gardiner does not want to play in montreal and will NOT sign here.

Reactions: Milhouse40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad