Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Wild. ZzzzZz

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
First 10 minutes in 3rd they did. Took the game to Wild, but couldn't score. Last 10 minutes Minnesota dropped back into a heavy trap, which Montreal couldn't really break through.

PP continues to be an embarrassment.

It was a really bad game by Wideman.
Hoffman got a penalty shot and Anderson got a breakaway but both couldn't score.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
See my notes on panthers in the out of town thread. They are stinking. Just had 5 PP in a row in the second period against hawks including a 5 on 3 and did not score Lol. Barkov has 0 goals in 6 games. Reinhart on his line has 1 point in 6 games. He had 82 points last year. Ekblad hurt again. If this continues another month They could miss.

They're missing Huberdeau a lot more than they thought they would. He's an elite playmaker. Absolutely one of the best in the game. Tkachuk isn't close to as talented as Huby.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
I appreciate the coaching staff not punishing rookies for mistakes but im not sure why the leeway is being extended to the vets

There seems to be no accountability when it comes to effort

Hoffman plays 11 minutes but pretty much solely PP time. Why is he deserving?

Wideman same thing. Hide him on the PP cause he cant do anything else

Enough with this " dont want to put too much pressure on the young guys" crap. The young guys are getting all the pressure playing the heavy minutes while these vets get catered PP time
So your vote is for an all rookie team?

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick
Dadonov
7 Games ZERO points

Dvorak
7 Games ZERO points

Gallagher
7 games 1 goal

Evans
7 Games 1 Assist

Hoffman
7 Games 1 goal 1 assist

Anderson
7 Games 2 Goals

Drouin
5 Games 2 Assists

Pitlick
4 Games ZERO points

10-25-2022 11-32-11 PM.png

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
There were few players tonight who were less effective than Hoffman. I would hope that once Matheson returns, Wideman never sees the ice on the power play and all non-power play situations.
That doesn't equate to Hoffman being good tonight, most vets up front sucked

Reactions: Runner77

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Solid L for the tank. I don't mind winning entertaining games this year but no points for snooze fests like tonight please. I was a bit worried one of our undesirable plugs would tie at the end, glad it didn't happen.

Am I a bad person for being happy when Hoffman didn't score on his half-ass PS attempt? I just can't cheer for this guy, sorry. :dunno:
I am also a bad person. Felt a rush of relief when I saw Hoffman shoot right at fleurys pads

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Fantilli is the real prize of the next draft.

It was the first game where we saw our young defence have trouble with the cycle. It will happen again when we play strong opponents.
Could not agree more, They were really exposed tonight and X playing for the crowd instead of the team.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
that's what you get for dressing stupid Pitlick and no Pez, I'm glad they lost. Idiots. Nice PP
Pitlick is far from the biggest issue on this roster. He was playing great with Evans early on, shouldn’t have broken that up.

Dadononv and Hoffman and Drouin and Gallagher should be benched before him. That’s before you factor in salaries, where he becomes even more valuable.

Reactions: Paddy17

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
That doesn't equate to Hoffman being good tonight, most vets up front sucked
No doubt. But let’s not make Hoffman the whipping boy for what is a rebuilding team. Its funny, the team has a few wins and the fans are all singing happily. Lose a couple of games and the knives are out and the fingers are being pointed. What did everyone expect? We are going to lose 70% of our games. Get used to it. The payoff, however, is huge. All we can ask is that the team be competitive and that we see the continuing development and growth of our young players.

Last edited:

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
No doubt. But let’s not make Hoffman the whipping boy for what is a rebuilding team. Its funny, the team has a few wins and the fans are all singing happily. Lose a couple of games and the knives are out and the fingers are being pointed. What did everyone expect? We are going to lose 70% of our games. Get used to it. They payoff, however, is huge. All we can ask is that the team be competitive and that we see development and growth of our young players.
That’s literally all we’ve seen so far this year. The rookies and young guys have been carrying the team while the vets, minus Savard/Allen/Monahan/and Anderson, have been various degrees of awful.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Big game in Chicago for the Habs tonight!! Hawks with the big 2 pts and Panthers lost!!

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I really don't understand this forum.

Almost everybody wanted at the start of this season to finish at the bottom of the standings so we could fail hard for Bedard. Yet I see all this moaning and bitching about how bad the Habs played. What did everyone think? We would win 75 of the 82 games and Bettman would award us the first overall draft pick because Montreal is a French city and French is sexy.

You either want the Habs to finish at the bottom of the standings or you don't. If they're to finish at the bottom that means they play like a bottom feeder NOT like a playoff team.

Besides, you all came on this forum and made dire predictions about how badly the Habs would be this year. So these Habs should not be a surprise to anyone. Apparently, everyone is surprised and upset.

Cognitive dissonance, anyone?

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I mean they are off to a good start of the season. But yes, it’s by no means a guarantee they make the playoffs. It’s a tough division and that defense even with ekblad is weak
Panthers are winning with depth scoring. I've watched their last two games. PP is awful. Tkachuk is getting points but no one else. If the depth scoring goes and the top 3 don't get it together, the slide will start.

Actually bought some silk from one of these nice ladies once.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Our scoring problems persist. We probably deserved to be shut out tonight.

Ah well, the games are at least entertaining. Dach should have had one early.

Our PP went from absolute horse shit to just horse shit, which is an improvement. They at least got looks tonight.

It's gonna be a long year fellas.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Games against Buffalo and st louis should be interesting for the rookies they are an unknown quantity to many teams since they don't know what to expect. Guhle had a tougher game tonight,
That’s literally all we’ve seen so far this year. The rookies and young guys have been carrying the team while the vets, minus Savard/Allen/Monahan/and Anderson, have been various degrees of awf

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Big game in Chicago for the Habs tonight!! Hawks with the big 2 pts and Panthers lost!!
Sabres sens wings all 1 point behind panthers with one or two games in hand. Then toronto and Tampa. In like 10 days panthers could be in 5th or 6th place.

• Wow
Reactions: Runner77

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Next time we pull the Goalie, the 6 players that should be on the ice are the following:

Dadonov, Pitlick, Hoffman, Dvorak, Gallagher and Drouin. This my friends is the winning combination. Let's go full Julien/Therrien!!

What a night for all those scouts to be at the Bell Center :laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Pomee

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Ground control to Dvo......still waiting for you to show us why you were worth a 1st and 2nd rounder!

I got slammed last year for saying he's nothing but a 30-35 point vanilla scrub. Where is everyone who was defending him?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad