Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Wild. ZzzzZz

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
This Habs team only effective in a run & gun open game - completely ineffective against clog the neutral zone & force corner / board battles strategy.
Doesn't seem to be any structure in the D zone. They finally get the puck back and there isn't an outlet pass available, so it's a 30 ft pass attempt, or it's off the glass or flipped to center ice. I thought the focus suppose to be puck possession? No?

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
What's your take on showcasing? Is that really a thing, with the vast abundance of video for every NHL game?

Hoffman on the PP has to be to facilitate the use of shot which is the only tool he has. He used to have another tool, it was the psycho who passed for his girlfriend but that's for another forum.

I dont buy the showcasing argument

Teams have a long history of video and first hand live experience on guys like Hoffman, Gallagher, Dadnov, etc. There are lots of dumb GMs but Hoffman for example was universally passed over by every other team and he resorted to signing in MTL, says a lot

Showcasing i think you see when players are coming back from injury mainly

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
back in the Fantili sweepstakes, bring on the 6'2" Italian stallion

adam-fantilli-2022-2933.jpg
Fantilli is the real prize of the next draft.

That was a rough game to watch
It was the first game where we saw our young defence have trouble with the cycle. It will happen again when we play strong opponents.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Fantilli is the real prize of the next draft.

It was the first game where we saw our young defence have trouble with the cycle. It will happen sgain when we play strong opponents.
Ahead of Bedard? If so, we don't need to win the first overall.

I believe our HF draft posters are saying we will do well within the top 5, in terms of an assured NHL premium player.

Reactions: dinodebino

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Still MSL is the coach.

What a horrible decision.

bad coaching
I wouldn't be surprised if Hugo is telling MSL to give the vets ice time whenever he can.

Not a good look for trade value when you are always being benched in favour of ROOKIES on a dog shit team. He needs to trade these guys so unfortunately they need to play, as annoying as that is.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Pretty much everyone was meh to terrible tonight. They couldn't handle the puck and made terrible decisions.

Not that others were any better, but I thought Suzuki played a terrible game. His passes were all over the place and couldn't connect anything. He looked Savard-slow as well. Honestly, whole team looked hungover.
Maybe they were hungover. Price was is town I wonder if they partied all night haha.

Savard was our only good player. And allen

It’s really unreal how irrelevant Dvorak, Drouin and Dadonov. Usually Hoffman right in there too but in actually don’t think he was too bad tonight.

I honestly don’t think I’ve seen Dvorak in 7 games. Seriously….I actually can’t remember seeing him
Just wait till armia comes back. Power of friendship maybe they all turn it around together

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Just caught the 3rd period. I thought they had some good chance to tie it.

Narrative here is quite different so I guess the first two periods were something different.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
See my notes on panthers in the out of town thread. They are stinking. Just had 5 PP in a row in the second period against hawks including a 5 on 3 and did not score Lol. Barkov has 0 goals in 6 games. Reinhart on his line has 1 point in 6 games. He had 82 points last year. Ekblad hurt again. If this continues another month They could miss.
I mean they are off to a good start of the season. But yes, it’s by no means a guarantee they make the playoffs. It’s a tough division and that defense even with ekblad is weak

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
He’s such a disgrace he doesn’t deserve a buyout. Send him to the AHL then to their press box. At least he won’t affect our cap longer.
I'd just ride it out another year. He's really valuable depending on your perspective of what the teams goal ought to be. I agree that buying him out isn't worth it. Knowing the NHL GMs, one will be stupid enough to throw a 2nd/3rd Rd pick for him during the 2024 TDL for a 50% retained Hoffman

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Solid L for the tank. I don't mind winning entertaining games this year but no points for snooze fests like tonight please. I was a bit worried one of our undesirable plugs would tie at the end, glad it didn't happen.

Am I a bad person for being happy when Hoffman didn't score on his half-ass PS attempt? I just can't cheer for this guy, sorry. :dunno:

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Just caught the 3rd period. I thought they had some good chance to tie it.

Narrative here is quite different so I guess the first two periods were something different.

First 10 minutes in 3rd they did. Took the game to Wild, but couldn't score. Last 10 minutes Minnesota dropped back into a heavy trap, which Montreal couldn't really break through.

PP continues to be an embarrassment.

It was a really bad game by Wideman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad