Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Wild. ZzzzZz

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I know he missed the penalty shot, but that's one of the best games I've seen Hoffman play. $10 says he was well aware of the scouts in the stands.
Last time Hoffman was that aware, happened when his agent announced that he found a sucker to gift him a 3-year 13.5 M contract.

Reactions: schwang26

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
his emotional drama on the ice is getting to be too much for me. Waving his arms in disgust at every call and non call , going down like he's been shot from the upper seats, only to come back 2 shifts later. Guess there's a reason he was not picked captain
I can't stand him anymore personally. He went from one of my favorite player to one of my most despised one. It looks like his big contract inflated his head and he now thinks he's something special outside of working hard. He used to complain only when the ref was wrong. Now he complains all the time even when the ref is obviously right. It's insufferable to watch specially from a guy like him. He looks like that 80 years old grumpy guy complaining about everything but he's just 30 ...

Reactions: the and ReHabs

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I can't stand him anymore personally. He went from one of my favorite player to one of my most despised one. It looks like his big contract inflated his head and he now thinks he's something special outside of working hard. He used to complain only when the ref was wrong. Now he complains all the time even when the ref is obviously right. It's insufferable to watch specially from a guy like him. He looks like that 80 years old grumpy guy complaining about everything but he's just 30 ...
This sounds absolutely ridiculous with context but Habs will have to get rid of either the Anderson or Gallagher contract in the next 1-3 years. Between them the Anderson contract is obviously much easier to move. With that said, just to move Gallagher, I'd be willing to move either the 2024 1st or a series of 2nds and decent prospects

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
When men go prematurely bald, something dark grows inside them…

• Haha
Reactions: LaP

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Thank you for speaking the truth. No wonder players avoid playing for Montreal with social media trolls , back stabbing reporters and rabid fans it makes sense why a great city and hockey team can't attract many players.
In terms of players not wanting to pay in Montreal, this would be way down the list.

Number one would be incompetent management. Who the hell wants to play for a club run by a bozo? And that's been the case with us for a long time.

Reactions: ReHabs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Gallagher —> Baldagher —> Bald dagger

eUrqNA7.png

• Haha
Reactions: the

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
This sounds absolutely ridiculous with context but Habs will have to get rid of either the Anderson or Gallagher contract in the next 1-3 years. Between them the Anderson contract is obviously much easier to move. With that said, just to move Gallagher, I'd be willing to move either the 2024 1st or a series of 2nds and decent prospects
Giving up a first just to move him?
Way too much just to move his contract. Yes, it's bad and he's still going downhill, but I'd never give up a first, especially in a year where it might be a middle of the pack pick. With the way he plays, he'll probably be another LTIR guy anyway. I think we're stuck with him.

Reactions: Runner77

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
OK, beer league coach i am sure MSL is waiting to get your line-up card! Why not just start a merry go round on the power play? Send Wideman to Siberia, put Gallagher and Hoffman on waivers. Its a long season I am all for making adjustments but to call players "undeserving" is ignorant.

Appealing to authority comment gets you no where. The pros make 1000 of mistakes each yr

If you feel Hoffman gives 100 percent effort, thats on you. 31 other GMs who wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole disagree. You like appealing to pro knows best argument so there ya go

Reactions: Runner77

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010

Nonsense. I've been balding since my 20's and couldn't be happier with it. Actually, I wish I balded even more so I didn't have to shave my head at all.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Giving up a first just to move him?

Way too much just to move his contract. Yes, it's bad and he's still going downhill, but I'd never give up a first, especially in a year where it might be a middle of the pack pick. With the way he plays, he'll probably be another LTIR guy anyway. I think we're stuck with him.
I did the math and Habs will really need to move him going forward if they plan on giving out contracts to plays like Dubois, Slafkovsky in 4 years, their assumed top pick this year, getting an elite goalie, getting a top pair D to play with Guhle, etc. I'd prefer a few 2nds and a non top 5 prospect (list not including those currently with the Habs)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not in the lineup? No problema, focus on the flowwwwwww.

lG3MKxq.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad