Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Wild. ZzzzZz

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I appreciate the coaching staff not punishing rookies for mistakes but im not sure why the leeway is being extended to the vets

There seems to be no accountability when it comes to effort

Hoffman plays 11 minutes but pretty much solely PP time. Why is he deserving?

Wideman same thing. Hide him on the PP cause he cant do anything else

Enough with this " dont want to put too much pressure on the young guys" crap. The young guys are getting all the pressure playing the heavy minutes while these vets get catered PP time

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
i dont know what you guys expected, seems some have way higher expectation then logic dictates. I think for the perceived level of both teams, the habs did very well, had chances, stayed in the game till last few min.
I don't get either, we win a few and all of a sudden people are talking like a top 5 is possible. Good grief. We will suck all season, it is a good thing. Things will only get tougher for the Habs as teams learn about CC and Suzuki, no others to carry the load means that they will be keyed on and neutralized.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Miss the big guy Slafkovsky. Team wasn't good tonight and there was not a lot of offense. Pretty boring outside of Suzuki line.

Young guns are good enough to pull us to some wins, but veterans are bad enough to ensure those wins won't be consistent. They are a complete drag on this team.

Oh well, tank year anyway.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Duch... wait
p2JzT3P.gif

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Miss the big guy Slafkovsky. Team wasn't good tonight and there was not a lot of offense. Pretty boring outside of Suzuki line.

Young guns are good enough to lead us to some wins, but veterans are bad enough to ensure those wins won't be consistent. They are a complete drag on this team.

Oh well, tank year anyway.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
We did not even deserve the only goal we scored.
Our offence is so easy to neutralize.

Yawn.

The opposition really only has to account for two players - Suzuki and Caufield.

Excluding the Arizona game the Habs have scored 11 goals. Suzuki or Caufield have a point on 9 of those 11 goals.

They’ve also scored 8 of the Habs 17 goals this season.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
This is the consistency I am expecting from the habs. let's pile up some losses, watch the young guys grow, and see what happens this year. We're a bottom 10 team, I would hate for use to play at a high level when we're not a playoff team.

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
I know it's only been a few games and all but Slafkovski felt like the spark and soul of the team. They seem to have less emotion without him and they really run on emotion, especially with the crowd at home

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Seems like Harris was on the ice all night...he’s so poised, at this point it would serve the Habs PP better to have a Dman who can control a got damn puck on the point.

Freakin Wideman man...

He's lucky he's right handed
We’ve been fine defensively this season. That’s where the young guys are. Our PK has been great…. There’s just no offence and no PP. Everyone’s running up the score vs the Wild except us.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I appreciate the coaching staff not punishing rookies for mistakes but im not sure why the leeway is being extended to the vets

There seems to be no accountability when it comes to effort

Hoffman plays 11 minutes but pretty much solely PP time. Why is he deserving?

Wideman same thing. Hide him on the PP cause he cant do anything else

Enough with this " dont want to put too much pressure on the young guys" crap. The young guys are getting all the pressure playing the heavy minutes while these vets get catered PP time
What's your take on showcasing? Is that really a thing, with the vast abundance of video for every NHL game?

Hoffman on the PP has to be to facilitate the use of his shot, which is the only tool he has.

He used to have another tool, it was the psycho who passed for his girlfriend but that's for another forum.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: habsfan891

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Florida losing to Chicago!! That’s great for BOTH our draft picks in round 1
See my notes on panthers in the out of town thread. They are stinking. Just had 5 PP in a row in the second period against hawks including a 5 on 3 and did not score Lol. Barkov has 0 goals in 6 games. Reinhart on his line has 1 point in 6 games. He had 82 points last year. Ekblad hurt again. If this continues another month They could miss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad