Post-Game Talk: Habs lose third in a row. Schedule only getting tougher.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I learned to speak on my own. Like i learned everything else. On my own. Like everoone else does. You might want to refer to Sartre instead of blathering.
...pot...kettle...fake-teenage angst doesn't work with old farts like me...when you've been actively shot at, mean posts don't hurt my delicate sensibilities...:laugh:

EDIT: and no, it surprisingly wasn't by me wife...:laugh:

Last edited:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
...pot...kettle...fake-teenage angst doesn't work with old farts like me...when you've been actively shot at, mean posts don't hurt my delicate sensibilities...:laugh:
Good.Because I am old as well. You made a mistake assuming I am teen age. I am not. Dont do that. Not been shot at though. Except by corpoate asshholes that talk about 'mentorship' and then fire you.

weedersson

Mar 5, 2014
People infatuated with Perry are the same people that were infatuated with Kovalchuk.

the reason in both cases is that even though they were at the end of their careers with marginal impacts, you clearly see why they were stars...they have skill the habs have lacked for 30 years at the forward position. The fact that they were exciting to us even in their twilight shows how desperate we are for skill upfront.

this. 100% with you on this. Perry is by far the best guy we have, just by the fact that his play was sooo consistent throughout the season. This guy is doing his job every f-ing game. Maybe too early to say but I believe Staal (if not already) will deliver the same value for what he is expected to do.

I really believe main problem is actually the coaching. Ducharme is absolutely not fit to get this team to a level where we are remotely competitive in the playoff especially in this division and in this season. We have the worst discipline in this division, excluding Ottawa. Most PIM, Most penalties taken. Can't handle any special teams scenario, 1-9 in OT, worst than Edm, Tor, Winnie in GA, PK%, PP% and we are also 30th in league in blocked shots and 5th in the league in Giveaways. We are also saying we are not creating chances, but we are 3rd in the league in Shots per game and 12th in Goals / Game. Who's to blame here? The season was over the moment Ducharme and his coaching staff took over. Making trades, bring players in an already faulty system with broken tactics won't do any miracles.

Last edited:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Good.Because I am old as well. Not been shot at though. Except by corpoate asshholes that talk about 'mentorship' and then fire you.

Well, I can't drink anymore but we can share a coffee and shoot off at each other like Waldorf and Statler...never had to deal with "Corporate" assholes...just government ones...

Reactions: Max2

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I mean let's be straight honest after using 105M US and making hte playoffs by default when you are 17-21 and a global pandemic is saving you from another disaster of a season.

I don't see Bergevin surviving even if they win in first round which i strongly doubt against the leafs if they are healthy

He had a good offseason, Caufield is on the way. I think he survives.

It's just really interesting now that we're witnessing Weber's demise, and so the Weber Price window is now just the Price window. Weber's window has closed. I mean it seems clear it will be more of the same: not picking a direction. But Molson doesn't seem to have a problem with that.

Like most teams, we need a scorer and we need a dman. And like most teams, we have contracts that really hurt (8.9M in Drouin and Byron).

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Well Marc it seems like a different voice isn't making a difference. It was different players we needed all along. Only this time there is no way you should have any say in future plans. Oh and make sure that on your way out you thank Mr. President for that extra long extension he gave you after having accomplished absolutely nothing.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
He had a good offseason, Caufield is on the way. I think he survives.

It's just really interesting now that we're witnessing Weber's demise, and so the Weber Price window is now just the Price window. Weber's window has closed. I mean it seems clear it will be more of the same: not picking a direction. But Molson doesn't seem to have a problem with that.

Like most teams, we need a scorer and we need a dman. And like most teams, we have contracts that really hurt (8.9M in Drouin and Byron).
Also the sad truth when we will get that d-man Petry will be on his turn to let's say lose the flame in like 2-3 years..

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Ducharme is a f***ing idiot , worse than Julien. 2 Rookie coaches up front, and a complete tool running the blueline. What a gong show.

Reactions: Monsieur Miz

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I’ll take Richardson over Racoon Daigneault all day, every day and twice on Sundays.

What do you want him to do? You can’t make chicken soup from chicken shit, and he literally has one top defenseman (who’s not a real number one, but a great number two) a steady guy on the left in Edmundson, an up and coming rookie from Russia, a washed up guy living on reputation, and the rest of them look like they learned how to defend from France in 1940.

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
hate to say it, but i'm jealous of TO.
Auston Matthews just hit 30 goals for the 5th straight season. oh to have elite talent...

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I was fully expecting Montreal to make a statement type performance. I guess you could say they did in manner of speaking.

What can you say? Look at the bright side at least........................................................................??????

I was told if you don't have anything nice to say,it's better to say nothing at all, good day.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
This one had a different feel than the occasional bad game. It's like the team has broken down physically and/or mentally.

Not a single element of the game executed with any consistency. We were running around like headless chickens.

Tatar-Danault-Kotkaniemi and Byron-Danault-Lehkonen were the only combinations with any semblance of chemistry.

Staal was a non-factor third game in a row.

What is the point of Luke Richardson? Much can be said about this roster, but there's absolutely no reason for this team not to have an above average PK.

This is a bad look for the coaching staff and, by extention, for Bergevin. How the hell do you approach the deadline with this? I guess a veteran RD partner for Romanov would be as far as I'd go in terms of spending assets. I'd do it for purely developmental reasons (should have been done in the off-season), because this team does not seem to be worth investing in. There's not point hindering our ability to strengthen our future core.

Last edited:

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
And one more thing. What's with those f***ing endless point shots?!

You have cerebral players on this roster. You have players with puck skills. Create the frigging passing lanes! At least try to set up shots from the slot. You really want every forward on this roster to play like Gallagher and Lehkonen?

I hated Kirk Muller for this shit. I hoped Ducharme will change that. Heck, I don't like it in Laval either, because they run the same system. We have Toffoli, Tatar, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Drouin, Caulfield and night after night Kulak, Romanov and Ouellet in Laval are blasting pucks into goalies chests. At least the Rocket has players able to execute this style effectively.

Reactions: Runner77

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
And one more thing. What's with those f***ing endless point shots?!

You have cerebral players on this roster. You have players with puck skills. Create the frigging passing lanes! At least try to set up shots from the slot. You really want every forward on this roster to play like Gallagher and Lehkonen?

I hated Kirk Muller for this shit. I hoped Ducharme will change that. Heck, I don't like it in Laval either, because they run the same system. We have Toffoli, Tatar, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Drouin, Caulfield and night after night Kulak, Romanov and Ouellet in Laval are blasting pucks into goalies chests. At least the Rocket has players able to execute this style effectively.

And to top it all off, most of these shots are not coming from Weber slapshots.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
I learned to speak on my own. Like i learned everything else. On my own. Like everone else does. You might want to refer to Sartre instead of blathering. In any case I am uninterested. We will stop now.

You seem hostile. Always time for retraining

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I’ll take Richardson over Racoon Daigneault all day, every day and twice on Sundays.

What do you want him to do? You can’t make chicken soup from chicken shit, and he literally has one top defenseman (who’s not a real number one, but a great number two) a steady guy on the left in Edmundson, an up and coming rookie from Russia, a washed up guy living on reputation, and the rest of them look like they learned how to defend from France in 1940.
He might be better than Daigneault, but there's no reason for our PK to be bad, outside of coaching. We can lament on Webers' decline, but penalty killing is an aspect least affected by age. On top of that, we made a hobby of collecting and developing two way forwards. We've acquired Chiarot and Edmundson.

Richardson's as adept at devising a successful penalty killing as Kirk Muller was with the powerplay.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I think it's true Richardson doesn't have much to work with but the PK simply has to be better and he does have the parts for that to happen.

The whole Defence needs to be rebuilt both in staff roles and roster. It's the right time with the young guys in the pipeline. So many RD though....

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
This one had a different feel than the occasional bad game. It's like the team has broken down physically and/or mentally.

Not a single element of the game executed with any consistency. We were running around like headless chickens.

Tatar-Danault-Kotkaniemi and Byron-Danault-Lehkonen were the only combinations with any semblance of chemistry.

Staal was a non-factor third game in a row.

What is the point of Luke Richardson? Much can be said about this roster, but there's absolutely no reason for this team not to have an above average PK.

This is a bad look for the coaching staff and, by extention, for Bergevin. How the hell do you approach the deadline with this? I guess a veteran RD partner for Romanov would be as far as I'd go in terms of spending assets. I'd do it for purely developmental reasons (should have been done in the off-season), because this team does not seem to be worth investing in. There's not point hindering our ability to strengthen our future core.

A lot of it was stupid unforced errors on our side, so many easy goals for Jets. That speaks to mental/physical fatigue.

We looked like Vancouver when they were going through their ridiculous schedule.

They looked mentally and physically exhausted. Consider that they're essentially playing 3 games in 4 days twice a week now.

Monday - Wed/Thurs, and
Wed/Thurs -- Sat

This won't be the last game like this. DD needs to role back the ice time on the veteran guys, or they're not surviving this.

No more than 20 minutes max for everyone on D. Weber should be under 20 right now. Petry should be at 20. Give more time to Romanov and Leskinen, especially Leskinen he hasn't played a lot this year.

Put

Edmundson back with Petry for gawd's sake.
Romanov -- Weber
Kulak -- Leskinen

The pk issue is an organizational embarrassment. Haven't seen such bad pking in my lifetime. Hell even during Houle years we could at least f***ing pk. Usually, we're a good pk team.

We're just getting worse and worse at it.

Too bad AHL doesn't have playoffs this year. I'd send all the kids to Laval, and get them to compete for a Calder Cup together.

Staal is useless. He's only played 4 games and is already -5. He was -3 last game vs Jets. We probably win that game if he's not playing. He's actually costing us games he's so bad. Guy should have retired after Minnesota traded him. Stayed home with the family. He's done.

Frustrating game to watch.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Well Marc it seems like a different voice isn't making a difference. It was different players we needed all along. Only this time there is no way you should have any say in future plans. Oh and make sure that on your way out you thank Mr. President for that extra long extension he gave you after having accomplished absolutely nothing.

Well although the voice is different, I'm not too impressed with it, just like I wasn't with Julien.

Remember, The Blues were the worst team in the league and then went on to win the cup with the same players, a nee goalie, and a new coach - mid season.

It's taking Dom too long to move Staal to the wing. His line combinations are coming up short. The Gallagher and Price injuries hurt, but Kk should be at center and there are other line changes that need to happen.

Having said that, if he wants to win he does need to go out and get a partner for Weber. Eddy goes back with Petty, and Chiarot plays with Romanov - and for next year move Chiarot for an RD so Romanov can play the left side.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Name the terms
Alright, you could hate me for this.

IF Habs make the playoffs, you can only post positive comments in regards to the players/team during the first round. Win or lose, does not matter.

** Bet starts once the season is over until the team passes round 1 or gets eliminated.

*** The only way you could start posting negative comments during the first round is if I grant you permission.

Name the terms IF Habs miss the playoffs.

Reactions: aresknights

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad