Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in Toronto. 2 more to go.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I hope Marty has a tape of this game tucked away for next year. Lots of motivation to draw on.

Whether they get motivated or not, they don't have the guns to respond on the scoreboard, and they don't have the collective pride to respond physically either. It's low hanging fruit for the opposition, and the opposition is under no obligation to respect them.

Toronto is probably frustrated with their underachieving franchise as well. They have had this core together for about 7 years now, and they are still stuck at the start line. Maybe Keefe is trying to institute a certain mentality to never let their guard down going into these playoffs, or maybe he's just a flat out bitch. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter because the Habs won't do anything about it.

There's going to be more of these upcoming in the next year or two at least, and the frequency of them will depend on whether this team can reduce the injury brigade that we have seen over the last few years.

Those that have the stomach to watch these through, I don't know if you have sympathies, or my respect.

Reactions: Supersonic and jrom

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Whether they get motivated or not, they don't have the guns to respond on the scoreboard, and they don't have the collective pride to respond physically either. It's low hanging fruit for the opposition, and the opposition is under no obligation to respect them.

Toronto is probably frustrated with their underachieving franchise as well. They have had this core together for about 7 years now, and they are still stuck at the start line. Maybe Keefe is trying to institute a certain mentality to never let their guard down going into these playoffs, or maybe he's just a flat out bitch. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter because the Habs won't do anything about it.

There's going to be more of these upcoming in the next year or two at least, and the frequency of them will depend on whether this team can reduce the injury brigade that we have seen over the last few years.

Those that have the stomach to watch these through, I don't know if you have sympathies, or my respect.

Yeah it’s on the Habs players on the ice, not the Leafs. They let Monty down (ok) but at least protect your goalie when players keep crashing the net.

Hope Edmundson is gone next year and Matheson wears that A.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Basically, it was an NHL team against an AHL level team. The score could have been even worse than it was.

The Habs have a long way to go to catch up to the Leafs. Right now, and with all they have now, the Habs are still a bottom third team of the NHL.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Love the physicality Pez brings, and I hope he maintains that intensity, but he really needs to pick his fights, he's just not that good at it.

On the other hand, Edmundson with the perfect opportunity to stick it back to Simmonds and does f*** all.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Let Toronto celebrate until they lose in the playoffs, and are forced to trade Matthews this summer because he will refuse a contract extension. And they will fire everybody in management and coaching. The only way for them to avoid that is to make at least three rounds.

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
After this season, after all that crap we had to endure... we sure as f*** better win the lottery!
But we didn't endure that crap all season. That crap has been going on for the last 7 to 5 games only. For the most part, I think they played well, all things considered, even played exciting hockey at times. Had the crap started in November, Habs would have much better odds at winning the lottery, as it stands, let's hope for a top 5 pick at least.

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Basically, it was an NHL team against an AHL level team. The score could have been even worse than it was.

The Habs have a long way to go to catch up to the Leafs. Right now, and with all they have now, the Habs are still a bottom third team of the NHL.

People don't fully understand how good Price was. This team isn't even much worse than what he had for so many years.

Reactions: ReHabs and jrom

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Love the physicality Pez brings, and I hope he maintains that intensity, but he really needs to pick his fights, he's just not that good at it.

On the other hand, Edmundson with the perfect opportunity to stick it back to Simmonds and does f*** all.

Edmundson just needs to play out the rest of the year without getting hurt, last thing we need is him getting injured again before trying to trade him this summer.

Reactions: jrom and Forum93

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015

I vote flat out bitch, and a chubby bitch at that. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Shred and JianYang

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
People don't fully understand how good Price was. This team isn't even much worse than what he had for so many years.

Price was very good, and in his prime, he was flat out elite, but let's not get carried away. This roster is much worse, and considerably more raw than what he typically had.

Reactions: CharleyHorse

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Some dude with a pink hat as his avatar posted Wideman's comment on the mains and got massacred for it lol. Wideman should have stayed quiet, he's not even good enough to be in the lineup of a tanking team, can't wait for him to be gone.
This is essentially what he was and I didn't see enough of it for my liking. What the hell were we paying him for?:sarcasm:

Oh and who can forget how good he is in the room.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
If MSL is living by this time-honoured coaching code, then he can’t selectively apply it, taking context into account.

However, there is no evidence that he’s not followed it.

The initial tweet lifted an example of what MSL did in a similar situation not long ago. That’s not in doubt.

Give the posting community a little credit, most will call a spade a spade.
... but unfortunately not Habs posters. There are a lot of home biased Toronto hater posters. There are too many that are just "sour grapes" posters who post with anger and emotion against Toronto for no reason. In the battle of the two cities, Montreal was king in the 70's but Toronto has passed Montreal in every facet, not just only hockey, decades ago. Toronto has also become this country's sports capital. It's the reality of the situation but too many Montrealers just don't want to accept that. Instead they would would rather live in the past and throw slurs against Toronto, like immature kids in a schoolyard to appease their anger, instead of making rational posts.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
... but unfortunately not Habs posters. There are a lot of home biased Toronto hater posters. There are too many that are just "sour grapes" posters who post with anger and emotion against Toronto for no reason. In the battle of the two cities, Montreal was king in the 70's but Toronto has passed Montreal in every facet, not just only hockey, decades ago. Toronto has also become this country's sports capital. It's the reality of the situation but too many Montrealers just don't want to accept that. Instead they would would rather live in the past and throw slurs against Toronto, like immature kids in a schoolyard to appease their anger, instead of making rational posts.
We do traffic in hyperbole in general and that part of it can be entertaining. The monikers are par for the course, it’s an attempt at levity for forum consumption but not for everyone.

We can also have very serious exchanges when a subject calls for it. Just cause we joke around doesn’t mean we can’t be substantive.

The forum is a diversion for me and in the same vein, if I can get a poster to laugh, it’s a positive. We all know where to find the more dire stuff and how Toronto was built and what led to it. Some of us resort to sports not to be reminded of that stuff as there is plenty to go around from other sites.

There is a strong rivalry to be enjoyed and despite all the advances Toronto has made (some will argue that it was that it was no small part due to our transplanted Montrealers and mass exodus of capital, head offices etc.), their playoff record, the way they are managed, the way their “national” broadcasters are deeply drenched in Leaf homerism and some of the shallow, pretentious players they roster, make them easy targets for ridicule.

It’s no better on their forum, where Montreal gets its lot of pot shots. I’m good with it except when they bring it on this forum and vice versa. We can all have a great time on our respective forums and no one will be the worst for it.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Dude half the team is injured and this is a tanking season anyways. I’m baffled at why people think this game is indicative of anything at all.

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

comment ca va

Sep 18, 2018
This is a potentially huge marketing opportunity for the NHL.
They can have a raffle for PTO contracts in meaningless games at the end of the season.
”you can be a pro too”
fullfill so many dreams of players who never got a shot

Reactions: Nashy

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
This is a potentially huge marketing opportunity for the NHL.
They can have a raffle for PTO contracts in meaningless games at the end of the season.
”you can be a pro too”
fullfill so many dreams of players who never got a shot
and fill the NHL coffers.....great idea. Offsets putting a team in Arizona.

Maybe I'm old school....but that shit don't fly with me.

comment ca va

Sep 18, 2018
4 stroke lead and a three foot putt for par
I was so hoping for Rahm to putt lefty or blindfolded

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

As a guy who lives in neither city but a multi visitor of both, I find Montreal and Toronto to have vastly different flavours, and personalities.

I don't see any sort of desire to be a "sporting capital". The canadiens are a religion in the city. It's a spiritual thing that I haven't felt anywhere else. Besides that, it likes big events like the F1 race. As far as sports go, I think this is what I identify montreal with, and I don't see a huge desire to be much more than that.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad