Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't know how much Christensen could get, maybe you're right. I don't trust our team in sales however.

And yes, Faye has been very good with Barça Athletic, I think there's a good chance he plays one of the last games of the season

I think the catch with Christensen is how the Premiership clubs feel about the points deductions they’ve been seeing this season. I don’t see City, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal as potential suitors, but I could see Newcastle or maybe United go in for him.

We’ll see. I’d rather he got minutes than Alonso, but we have to secure second place.

Reports are San Diego, which begins in MLS in 2025, is signing Hirving Lozano from PSV. Probably for the best, he hasn't been great for PSV this year. They can use that money to trigger Tillmans buy option.

I would think their priority would be bringing Brandon Vazquez back.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
IS he still young?
maybe not crazy young, but 26, turning 27 isn't spent. He should legitimately see his peak for the next 2-3 seasons.

I see at @Chimaera ’s point with regards to FFP yield, but if you wait until he starts performing again then maybe he doesn’t want to leave assuming you can get him to do it in the first place. That salary is going to be the biggest issue for other clubs to swallow. I’d offload him ASAP though. Just get rid of him.
It's a gamble. But they do need people to score goals. I kinda think like many of the Liverpool discussions, it depends on what they do with the manager. There's some they could get who would be good for him. Some who would not.

Salary is certainly an issue. But maybe that's not an issue abroad.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
maybe not crazy young, but 26, turning 27 isn't spent. He should legitimately see his peak for the next 2-3 seasons.

It's a gamble. But they do need people to score goals. I kinda think like many of the Liverpool discussions, it depends on what they do with the manager. There's some they could get who would be good for him. Some who would not.

His peak also could have been three years ago

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Other than the 2 month hot stretch at the turn of 2023 Rashford has had an unremarkable career. 19/20 was his only other really good season. The only problem I'd have selling him if I was a United fan is knowing that more often than not they're going to spend all the money they get for him and probably more and get a lesser player in return. He is who he is at this point. Might be worth taking the chance on going another direction and getting a more consistent performer or someone with a higher ceiling.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Other than the 2 month hot stretch at the turn of 2023 Rashford has had an unremarkable career. 19/20 was his only other really good season. The only problem I'd have selling him if I was a United fan is knowing that more often than not they're going to spend all the money they get for him and probably more and get a lesser player in return. He is who he is at this point. Might be worth taking the chance on going another direction and getting a more consistent performer or someone with a higher ceiling.
10g 6a
17g 7a
11g 9a
injury season
17g 5a
this season

Those are pretty good numbers for an "unremarkable career"

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Totally agree on what they do with the manager situation.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
10g 6a
17g 7a
11g 9a
injury season
17g 5a
this season

Those are pretty good numbers for an "unremarkable career"
Yeah... plus English. Plus proven in the EPL as far as those all go.

Sure, he likes to party instead of listening to a manager it seems? But before that, some of the work he did in the community with the kids food stuff was pretty good. The hype on him was stupid and he's certainly had a bit of a time in the wilderness, but I could see a world where some parties say, you know, a good manager, some consistency, AND a fresh start, and who knows.

That probably isn't enough to convince myself that he's worth 80 million. But if say, United wanted to do a loan with a look to buy, or even a 55-60 million deal, with some easy add ons? I might think about it.

Obviously not for Liverpool. I just don't know where this plentiful amount of strikers who have proven goal scoring records exists.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Maybe Brazil for a bit?

There was talk about signing with Fluminense, but as his (Thiago Silva) wife and children will stay in London no matter where he plays next season, English clubs might have an upper hand in that sense. Apparently he has had offers from some London clubs.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
There was talk about signing with Fluminense, but as his (Thiago Silva) wife and children will stay in London no matter where he plays next season, English clubs might have an upper hand in that sense. Apparently he has had offers from some London clubs.
I'd be shocked if he stayed in the PL - he likely would've re-upped with Chelsea if that were on the cards.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Some loan moves becoming permanent transfers:

Ekitike to Frankfurt for 16.5 mil
Fatawu to Leicester for 17 mil
Conceicao to Porto for 10 mil
Guendouzi to Lazio for 13 mil
Hall to Newcastle for 32.5 mil
Carlos Augusto to Inter for 13 mil
Dier to Bayern for free
Frattessi to Inter for 29 mil
Al Musrati to Besiktas for 11 mil
Sinisterra to Bournemouth for 23.4 mil
Koch to Eintracht for free
Zaragoza to Bayern for 13 mil
Tresor to Burnley for 18 mil

And transfers:
Djalo to Athletic for 15 mil
Igor Thiago to Brentford for 33 mil
Grabara to Wolfsburg for 13.5 mil
Endrick to Real for 45 mil

Zielinski won't resign with Napoli

Reactions: Gecklund

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Some loan moves becoming permanent transfers:

Ekitike to Frankfurt for 16.5 mil
Fatawu to Leicester for 17 mil
Conceicao to Porto for 10 mil
Guendouzi to Lazio for 13 mil
Hall to Newcastle for 32.5 mil
Carlos Augusto to Inter for 13 mil
Dier to Bayern for free
Frattessi to Inter for 29 mil
Al Musrati to Besiktas for 11 mil
Sinisterra to Bournemouth for 23.4 mil
Koch to Eintracht for free
Zaragoza to Bayern for 13 mil
Tresor to Burnley for 18 mil

And transfers:
Djalo to Athletic for 15 mil
Igor Thiago to Brentford for 33 mil
Grabara to Wolfsburg for 13.5 mil
Endrick to Real for 45 mil

Zielinski won't resign with Napoli
Lyon will make Benrahma permanent too, it looks like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad