Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in Toronto. 2 more to go.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
sucks to lose to the Laffs but nice to see Edmundson feed Simmonds his lunch
When did that happen?

If it’s this sequence, Edmundson hits Bunting, Simmonds intervenes, Simmonds and Edmundson get into a head/ shoulder lock with Simmonds falling awkwardly on Edmundson’s back and hitting him from behind.

The video is cut off prematurely as Simmonds keeps hitting Edmundson on the back of the head like the coward he is.

Last edited:

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
they would probably pick Will Smith over Bedard anyways, this team sucks balls at drafting. Some goof scout will see a hidden talent nobody knows about and go off the board.
That's a bit over the top

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Bolts will be playing the Leafs again, for those who think they might get another first round exit.. Tampa is having some problems, I'm not so sure the Leafs won't get through them this year.

Some problems is quite the understatement. Cooper has lost the locker room. If they lose against Toronto i think he'll be fired this summer. 2 more weeks and the Panthers were catching them.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
What’s funny is some don’t realize we will see many games like these for the next few years.

Buckle up

JohnTheBaptist

We are brothers/sisters and of the Divine Source
Nov 13, 2022
2 more losses guarantees us the 5th spot, we'll most likely slip 1 spot to 6th in the draft. What does #6 get us? Benson?

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Nylander is a real life bobble head, not sure how he didn’t snap his head off selling that penalty in the first and even more surprised he could move that bucket head that quick. Next up for excitement the draft lottery

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Respect is about playing your best team. Not your faut when the opposition is as bad as the Habs.
How is it respectful to say you are so bad I Can play my 4th line and still win ?
Point is, MSL could have done as Keefe did tonight when the tables were turned and chose not to. It’s not what you or I think, it’s just one of those time-honoured NHL “codes”. MSL believes it has relevance, maybe Keefe doesn’t.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Point is, MSL could have done as Keefe did tonight when the tables were turned and chose not to. It’s not what you or I think, it’s just one of those time-honoured NHL “codes”. MSL believes it has relevance, maybe Keefe doesn’t.
Last year MSL won 10-2 against FLA. Where were those principles then ?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Last year MSL won 10-2 against FLA. Where were those principles then ?
What was the context? Was MSL parading his best players out there during PPs late in the game?

Maybe FLA was having a bad night and couldn’t stop a beach ball that game. If MSL was deploying players in manner contrary to what he did in the WAS game, then why was he doing it? Was he responding to something FLA did in a prior game?

You can’t just pull a score with no context and claim that there was a “breach”.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
What was the context? Was MSL parading his best players out there during PPs late in the game?

Maybe FLA was having a bad night and couldn’t stop a beach ball that game. If MSL was deploying players in manner contrary to what he did in the WAS game, then why was he doing it? Was he responding to something FLA did in a prior game?

You can’t just pull a score with no context and claim that there was a “breach”.

I have no Idea why he did it against WSH, my point is that the initial tweet was presenting MSL as a white knight who does not win by more than 4 goals out of respect, something he is obviously not as shown by the example above.

And let us be honest, if the situations were reversed, the whole crowd in MTL would have been cheering „we want 10“ and would have wanted Suzuki Caufield Dach on every PP against TOR

Reactions: dgeezus

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have no Idea why he did it against WSH, my point is that the initial tweet was presenting MSL as a white knight who does not win by more than 4 goals out of respect, something he is obviously not as shown by the example above.

And let us be honest, if the situations were reversed, the whole crowd in MTL would have been cheering „we want 10“ and would have wanted Suzuki Caufield Dach on every PP against TOR
If MSL is living by this time-honoured coaching code, then he can’t selectively apply it, taking context into account.

However, there is no evidence that he’s not followed it.

The initial tweet lifted an example of what MSL did in a similar situation not long ago. That’s not in doubt.

Give the posting community a little credit, most will call a spade a spade.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCraig71

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Wideman can leave the team now. What crybaby cope from a professional athlete.

Thank god Matheson is true competitor and recognizes that the onus is on the Habs to not let the game get to a point where they are trotting out PP2 not to embarrass you further, and if you kept the game close and respectable, the EBUG doesn't come in.. but you didn't and gave them a chance to do something nice for the kid.

Piss baby shit, gtfo Wideman and go punch air in an Uber.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad