Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in Toronto. 2 more to go.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Whether they get motivated or not, they don't have the guns to respond on the scoreboard, and they don't have the collective pride to respond physically either. It's low hanging fruit for the opposition, and the opposition is under no obligation to respect them.

Toronto is probably frustrated with their underachieving franchise as well. They have had this core together for about 7 years now, and they are still stuck at the start line. Maybe Keefe is trying to institute a certain mentality to never let their guard down going into these playoffs, or maybe he's just a flat out bitch. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter because the Habs won't do anything about it.

There's going to be more of these upcoming in the next year or two at least, and the frequency of them will depend on whether this team can reduce the injury brigade that we have seen over the last few years.

Those that have the stomach to watch these through, I don't know if you have sympathies, or my respect.
Habs beat the leafs first two times this year, when there were not as many injuries.....the leafs have been no big deal at times this year............so we did have the horses earlier in the year to handle the misfits.....
Anyow, moving on....................and up for us.
Let's see if the Leafs have what it takes to finally win a round this year....LOL

View attachment 684334
Une bonne claque sur la gueule !
Like this..............should be used in the Drouin thread!!! LOL

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Do you think there’s a realistic chance the Habs sign him next season? o_O
I think there is a small chance but it depends how the rest of the roster planning shakes out until after the draft. If Drouin’s agent circles back and offers him at a low rate — Hughes would take a minute to consider it.

• Wow
Reactions: Runner77

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
No more Habs hockey typically depresses me. But I want this season to end. So many young guys, so many injuries, they are tired, frustrated and beat up, and this can't end soon enough.

Reactions: jrom

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick
Leafs Nation is winning the Cup!! :vhappy:
......of coffee.

4-10-2023 6-55-38 PM.png

they would probably pick Will Smith over Bedard anyways, this team sucks balls at drafting. Some goof scout will see a hidden talent nobody knows about and go off the board.
It's funny cuz it's true.

• Love
Reactions: Habs and the

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
... but unfortunately not Habs posters. There are a lot of home biased Toronto hater posters. There are too many that are just "sour grapes" posters who post with anger and emotion against Toronto for no reason. In the battle of the two cities, Montreal was king in the 70's but Toronto has passed Montreal in every facet, not just only hockey, decades ago. Toronto has also become this country's sports capital. It's the reality of the situation but too many Montrealers just don't want to accept that. Instead they would would rather live in the past and throw slurs against Toronto, like immature kids in a schoolyard to appease their anger, instead of making rational posts.
In what sense has Toronto passed Montreal in every facet, decades ago, when it comes to hockey? Granted Toronto has had the superior team in recent years, but recent years certainly don’t constitute decades; and even in these recent years, I’ll remind you, it was 3-1. We can revisit the discussion if/when the Leafs get passed round 1.

I mostly agree with your other points.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
No more Habs hockey typically depresses me. But I want this season to end. So many young guys, so many injuries, they are tired, frustrated and beat up, and this can't end soon enough.
I can’t remember a season I missed as many games as this one. The injuries to the kids completely killed any entertainment. And what’s crazy is that we were 14-12-2 half way threw December. That literally cost us a shot at a potential generational player. Dropping down to 6-7-8 in the draft and Florida making the playoffs would just be the cherry on top. At least we have a management group that’s picked a direction tho and are finally rebuilding. Any team with a max budget in this league can spend loads of money to limp into the playoffs on a year to year basis like Bergevin and his predecessors did.

Reactions: yianik

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
They were still fun to watch up until about 5 games ago. But you can tell they've tapped out now.

Oh well. I'm fully invested in baseball season now anyways

Reactions: yianik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad