Habs lose 4-3... ugly

WakeUpNHL

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
Gotta ask.
Are we vulnerable against fast teams ?
Do you consider Toronto and NYI as fast teams ?
They looked fast to me.

It's not so much the speed but the physicality of the incoming forwards. The Habs D is too small and collapses instead of standing up at the incoming forward pressure ... Diaz, Markov, Georges and Bouillon cannot handle the bigger forwards along the boards and in front of the net.
We need some push back from our Dman. Until our D gets bigger this team will get nowhere .

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
If Michel Therrien keeps it up, Pk is gonna ask for a trade sooner or later. Grow the **** up Michel.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Just got back from the game... A few thoughts.

-Fourth line was great, White especially.
-Third period was a disaster. Most players ran out of gas and for some reason, Therrien refused to give more minutes to those who obviously still had a jump in their step (Subban, Galchenyuk, Eller)
-Speaking of Subban, he needs to play more. I don't understand why Therrien uses him the way he does... The crowd loves him so much. Each time he touched the puck, the place went crazy.
-Price wasn't at his best either.
-Something is up with Markov. He struggled quite a bit out there tonight, especially on the PP.
-Desharnais and Pacioretty have improved over the last few games... Same can't be said for Cole. He gives up on plays way too often.
-Way, way, WAAAAY too many icings. What the ****?

Also, I had the chance to sit in Club Desjardins for the first time tonight. The seats are fantastic but the crowd in that section is pathetic. Most of them don't even pay attention to the game at all and they don't even stand up to cheer when we score. Snobs.

Last edited:

KingGallagherXI

Jul 10, 2009
It's not so much the speed but the physicality of the incoming forwards. The Habs D is too small and collapses instead of standing up at the incoming forward pressure ... Diaz, Markov, Georges and Bouillon cannot handle the bigger forwards along the boards and in front of the net.
We need some push back from our Dman. Until our D gets bigger this team will get nowhere .

It's not about size. It's about having options and not screwing up. They were blowing passes and creating turnovers out of a lack of accuracy and focus, as well as poor decision making, and/or not having decent options from the rest of the team, not because of size.

Now you're gonna tell me these Pejorative Slured icings were because they're too small?

Last edited:

Maelpj*

-Third period was a disaster. Most players ran out of gas and for some reason, Therrien refused to give more minutes to those who obviously still had a jump in their step (Subban, Galchenyuk, Eller)
-Speaking of Subban, he needs to play more. I don't understand why Therrien uses him the way he does... The crowd loves him so much. Each time he touched the puck, the place went crazy.
-Something is up with Markov. He struggled quite a bit out there tonight, especially on the PP.
-Desharnais and Pacioretty have improved over the last few games... Same can't be said for Cole. He gives up on plays way too often.

Also, I had the chance to sit in Club Desjardins for the first time tonight. The seats are fantastic but crowd in that section is pathetic. Most don't pay to the game at all and they don't even stand up to cheer when we score. Snobs.

Tha was amazing, bet it give him a tons of energy.

Those are pretty much all the conclusion I've made for this game.

I would had the obvious: Gionta is useless, and is far far away from the player he was with NJ. the new Gomez 2.0

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I think Tavares is my favorite player in the league. Well, it's Crosby, but Tavares doesn't have that unfair genetic advantage.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven

Also, I had the chance to sit in Club Desjardins for the first time tonight. The seats are fantastic but crowd in that section is pathetic. Most don't pay to the game at all and they don't even stand up to cheer when we score. Snobs.

I think most of the people in that section are just there for the free food.

not-sure-if-she-likes-me-or-just-wants-free-food.png

MoobMoob

EntertainingasanSTD
Jun 11, 2011
Valhalla
BS penalties to Eller and Desharnais...2 islanders goals.

PK has to be better than that, but seriously how were EITHER of those penalties?

Edit: Also wanted to add that even the islanders announcers admitted that one play SHOULD have been a penalty shot(or at the very least a penalty) early in the second on the islanders.

Is the blame on the officials? No, not entirely but they did do everything in their power to shift it in favour of the islanders.

1 pt to the habs, 1 to the islanders 1 to the refs.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
This team looked gassed. Toons of games over the last 10 days.

They really did. This fanbase is so ruthless. First place in the East and coming off a 5 game win streak, yet many here still rake them over the coals. Have some perspective for once.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
They really did. This fanbase is so ruthless. First place in the East and coming off a 5 game win streak, yet many here still rake them over the coals. Have some perspective for once.

A lot of people have a lot of agendas to push. Hard to do that during winning streaks.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm not even defending the move. If you look in the GDT, I was even shocked. I only try to give the rationale behind the coach's decision. It obvious there are better players for that situation. But putting Gio there was to give him a chance to meet success. This type of move happens with every coach -- give chances to the struggling veteran.

There isn't always a rationale behind a move.
It makes zero sense to put Gionta there to give him a chance, especially when he wasn't that great to begin with during that game.
Apparently they did the same thing a few games ago but it was Bourque there.
So clearly it's just a strategy to have 3 forwards. It's just a bad move when you have a booming shot on the bench.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Depressing game but they dominated most of the game. A few weak bits in the 3rd and horrible PK. They need a better PK guy. And less Markov on the PK. Maybe Subban Gorges for the first wave? Diaz Markov for the second?

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
A lot of people have a lot of agendas to push. Hard to do that during winning streaks.

hmmm... you articulate what i've been thinking for years but couldn't find the words for it. thank you for that.

habs fans are terribad people, except for whiskeyseven, he's pretty

Analyzer*

Depressing game but they dominated most of the game. A few weak bits in the 3rd and horrible PK. They need a better PK guy. And less Markov on the PK. Maybe Subban Gorges for the first wave? Diaz Markov for the second?

Diaz isn't any better on the pk. He's the one who slide over to cover the incoming dman who Moen had covered already and left Moulson wide open for his 2nd goal.

Pk needs Hal Gill !

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Not a great effort by a lot of guys and Price wasn't at his best but gotta give credit to the Islanders for not quitting and Nabokov played well in the first to keep it only a two goal game.

Annoying when we lose to see guys like Diaz get **** on after one bad game even though he's been great all year, the team can't bring their "A" game every single game and these types of games will always happen. I'm more concerned how we respond in our next game and expect the team to bounce back.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I think the boys got lulled to sleep after the dominating 1st period. Then they played on their heels to protect the lead(see Buffalo and TB 3rd periods). PK wasn't very good, you can't leave Moulson alone in the slot like that...but the officiating was pretty bad. They call White on a BS goalie interference where he gets cross checked into the goalie by Finley. Prust gets hauled down on a breakaway...no call. Cole gets BLATANTLY hooked from behind...no call. Bad case of "scoreboard officiating" was a big help to the Islanders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad