Habs lose 4-3... ugly

Maelpj*

Unconditional? Give your head a shake. Many have admitted that this was one of Eller's worst games this year. There are people calling this kid a 4th liner. That is irrational hate for a player who has irrefutably proven to be much more than just a 4th line checker.

You are again changing my statement. I said he is a SOLID 3rd liner and you got offended. To be a top 2 C you have to be a great playmaker and be patient with the puck if youre not a constant scorer things that he didn't show since the begining of his career.

He is still young, he could get better in the years to come but the Habs are a NHL team, and a competitive one this year. They play to win, and if a duo have been on fire for a while ( Pac-DD), you don't break it just cause maybe that young prospect guy could magically be even better.They aren't the godman bulldog .

Eller doesn't deserve a special treatment just cause he got some potential. Why Gally , who is playing better hockey than him since the start of the season, couldn't get a chance before him?

Pac is a finisher, DD feed him a lot more than Eller could do right now. Add the caliber the Pacman line face everynight and the struggle of Eller underpressure + his lack of vision, I fail to see what he could bring more than DD. To be on the top 6, you got to prove that there is NO DOUBT you are one of the best foward of the team, you gotta steal that spot, not just play well.

Eller have his ice time, more than the 2 gally and prust , had good wings for the last couple of game and his doing is job. Let him where he is, let him develop stop trying to rush things.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Good teams hold onto leads, mediocre teams give them up like its going out of style.

Jekyl/Hyde type BS. What is it? It seems like something that can be fixed, but hasn't been identified.

Its a strange season. Leads are being blown often throughout the league. The pens blew a 2-0 lead the other night to the flyers at home, then eventually conceded the gwg with about 90 seconds left. The red hot hawks blew a 3-1 lead late to the canucks the other night as well, and needed a shootout to win. These are 2 teams who people look at as measuring sticks, and even they are blowing leads.

Remember the first shift last night when tavares was in alone on Price? I think it was an indication that their legs weren't quite there and the team was mentally a bit off. The shot total was deceiving to me because you could see mental lapses in the game.

This game can also be funny. When things are going really well, and you are coming off a successful stretch, and then you get a perceived less challenging opponent, things just don't tend to work out as planned.

Anyways, these types of games do happen, and will continue to happen. Leads will be blown and physical and mental fatigue in the compressed schedule will amplify this. The best teams will be able to limit them this year.

I doubt this type of game is a sign of things to come. You just move on and try to recharge for the next one.

Last edited:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Thank you!

The bipolarity of our fans is off the charts, kinda sad if you ask me.

Thank God our GM isn't.

For whatever reason it's not a very knowledgeable fanbase. Heck they boo the PP if it struggles a bit even if you're on a 5 game winning streak...pathetic.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Its a strange season. Leads are being blown often throughout the league. The pens blew a 2-0 lead the other night to the flyers at home, then eventually conceded the gwg with about 90 seconds left. The red hot hawks blew a 3-1 lead late to the canucks the other night as well, and needed a shootout to win. These are 2 teams who people look at as measuring sticks, and even they are blowing leads.

Remember the first shift last night when tavares was in alone on Price? I think it was an indication that their legs weren't quite there and the team was mentally a bit off. The shot total was deceiving to me because you could see mental lapses in the game.

This game can also be funny. When things are going really well, and you are coming off a successful stretch, and then you get a perceived less challenging opponent, things just don't tend to work out as planned.

Anyways, these types of games do happen, and will continue to happen. Leads will be blown and physical and mental fatigue in the compressed schedule will amplify this. The best teams will be able to limit them this year.

I doubt this type of game is a sign of things to come. You just move on and try to recharge for the next one.

Before those PP goals, NYI was out of it. The PP kept giving them energy.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Personnaly, I'm not A bipolar fan. Even when the team plays well, winning and in the first place, I continue to see the holes in the lineup, and I continue to envision them as a 6th to 10th place team over a 82 games season. I think a lot left to be done for this team to become a real cup contender. As a fan, I wish for the cup, so it is normal to suggest things that head in that direction.

So it is not because people criticize some players or decisions that it means they're bi-polar.

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
You are again changing my statement. I said he is a SOLID 3rd liner and you got offended. To be a top 2 C you have to be a great playmaker and be patient with the puck if youre not a constant scorer things that he didn't show since the begining of his career.

He is still young, he could get better in the years to come but the Habs are a NHL team, and a competitive one this year. They play to win, and if a duo have been on fire for a while ( Pac-DD), you don't break it just cause maybe that young prospect guy could magically be even better.They aren't the godman bulldog .

Eller doesn't deserve a special treatment just cause he got some potential. Why Gally , who is playing better hockey than him since the start of the season, couldn't get a chance before him?

Pac is a finisher, DD feed him a lot more than Eller could do right now. Add the caliber the Pacman line face everynight and the struggle of Eller underpressure + his lack of vision, I fail to see what he could bring more than DD. To be on the top 6, you got to prove that there is NO DOUBT you are one of the best foward of the team, you gotta steal that spot, not just play well.

Eller have his ice time, more than the 2 gally and prust , had good wings for the last couple of game and his doing is job. Let him where he is, let him develop stop trying to rush things.

Good post!

Can I copy your post in the Lars Eller thread?

That said, regarding the bolded part, I think that, right now, Eller > Galchenyuk.

Maelpj*

Personnaly, I'm not A bipolar fan. Even when the team plays well, winning and in the first place, I continue to see the holes in the lineup, and I continue to envision them as a 6th to 10th place team over a 82 games season. I think a lot left to be done for this team to become a real cup contender. As a fan, I wish for the cup, so it is normal to suggest things that head in that direction.

So it is not because people criticize some players or decisions that it means they're bi-polar.

Exactly. Let's be honest, we weren't dominant against the Rangers. In fact, we weren't dominant during our winning streak. We were a good opportunism team, with a solid game plan and everybody was doing his job. But we were not a dominating force.

Everytime someone was bringing some weak point in the Habs game, is was the end of the world. Like just because the Habs were winning, everything was perfect.

The things that cost us the game yesterday are the same thing that almost cost us the game in the past game vs NY and TB

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Before those PP goals, NYI was out of it. The PP kept giving them energy.

Well, considering the weapons they have on that PP, I would not have considered them out of it and any point in the game. All they had to do was hang around, and the habs were having enough lapses to make it a possibility.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Very true, but after a loss, this board can be a crazy place to come to...man there are alot of armchair GM's and coaches on HF.....

If the internet had existed back when the Habs posted a 60-8-12 record and went on to win the Cup, 76-77 I believe, this board after those 8 losses, would have been a crazy place then also...for some reason we expect the team to win every game? Or some do anyhow...not sure if that's passion from a fanbase, or craziness?

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Very true, but after a loss, this board can be a crazy place to come to...man there are alot of armchair GM's and coaches on HF.....

If the internet had existed back when the Habs posted a 60-8-12 record and went on to win the Cup, 76-77 I believe, this board after those 8 losses, would have been a crazy place then also...for some reason we expect the team to win every game? Or some do anyhow...not sure if that's passion from a fanbase, or craziness?

Well, I guess that's what makes a fan, a fan. Fanatics are supposed to be irrational and biased, so 48-0-0 season could seem plausible from that view ;)

Maelpj*

Good post!

Can I copy your post in the Lars Eller thread?

That said, regarding the bolded part, I think that, right now, Eller > Galchenyuk.

If you want, why not.

That said, Eller and Gally are playing well. But please explain how you think Eller is playing better than Galchenyuk? The 27 rarely get off shift, have definitely been a key player in our recent success ( game winning goal, assist on game winning goal). Every game he creat opportunity for his teamate ( again last night with this pass to Prust for the breakaway). Gally his leading the team with the +/-.

I like seeing the two play togheter on the third line, no reason to do comparaison right now anyway between them.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
If you want, why not.

That said, Eller and Gally are playing well. But please explain how you think Eller is playing better than Galchenyuk? The 27 rarely get off shift, have definitely been a key player in our recent success ( game winning goal, assist on game winning goal). Every game he creat opportunity for his teamate ( again last night with this pass to Prust for the breakaway). Gally his leading the team with the +/-.

I like seeing the two play togheter on the third line, no reason to do comparaison right now anyway between them.

Personnaly, I think Gally is playing pretty well. But the truth is, when he faces the wrong line, he's more often then not stuck in his own territory where he has problems. I'm not saying he's bad or anythingh, I just think Eller is more ready than him to face tougher opposition on a regular basis. And Eller is also WAYYYYY better at faceoffs. For now.

In 2 years, it won't even be funny how better Gally will be...

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
If you want, why not.

"... But please explain how you think Eller is playing better than Galchenyuk? ..."

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=60258995&postcount=649

This thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1350589

Long stroy short... what LePoche69 wrote!

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

I'll reply more to this later, but for the time being, I never said that you said he was a 4th liner. Again, please read before replying. Nobody got offended. You just keep putting words in my mouth.

The Right Price

May 9, 2010
Not really happy that we are blowing away these two goal leads all the time! However, the goals scored by the Islanders were class and can't really fault Price on them since he relies on the D to not leave all those passing lanes so open! Atleast we got a point! Lets move on and take some piss and vinegar into the game Saturday against the Rangers and make Hank & Tort angry again :laugh:

Maelpj*

I'll reply more to this later, but for the time being, I never said that you said he was a 4th liner. Again, please read before replying. Nobody got offended. You just keep putting words in my mouth.

You quoted my post, and replied to them with this

The double standards used to bash eller are getting to be hilarious. And not many, if any, have said that the sky is the limit for eller.

and this

That is irrational hate for a player who has irrefutably proven to be much more than just a 4th line checker.

Stop playing this game. If those remark were not adressed to me, why do you use those point against mine. In this case, your reply are completly irrelevant to what I'm saying.

It's simple. No reason to break DD-Pac, they are doing well.

Eller's spot for now is on the 3rd line.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Watched the game last night and thought that the Habs gave away yet another one, very similar to the collapse against Buffalo and Tampa(a lucky win) all three teams were dead in the water right from the opening face off. We could(should) be sitting here with 13 wins right now, if not for taking the foot off the gas. Oh well thats the way it goes, bring on the Rangers.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
We got a point, relax, still first in the eastern conference. Go look at our record, this team is young and was 15th in the east. R-r-r-relax.

Maelpj*

We got a point, relax, still first in the eastern conference. Go look at our record, this team is young and was 15th in the east. R-r-r-relax.

It's not about relaxing, it's about correcting our weak point. Even during the hot win streak, everything was not perfect.

That's what make a team finish first at the end of the season or win the cup. Always try to get better, never be satisfied.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It's not about relaxing, it's about correcting our weak point. Even during the hot win streak, everything was not perfect.

That's what make a team finish first at the end of the season or win the cup. Always try to get better, never be satisfied.

Its about finding way to win. We found them.¸

We lost 4 times in 17 games for christ sake.

We're top 10 in offense, top 10 in defense.

Maelpj*

Its about finding way to win. We found them.¸

We lost 4 times in 17 games for christ sake.

We're top 10 in offense, top 10 in defense.

Of course it's a good team, if not they wouldn't be on the top of the Eastern Conference. But they are far from being dominant and perfect, and it's still time to adress the weak points before the playoff. Keep looking blindly at the stats and overlooking the Habs flaws.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
You quoted my post, and replied to them with this

and this

Stop playing this game. If those remark were not adressed to me, why do you use those point against mine. In this case, your reply are completly irrelevant to what I'm saying.

It's simple. No reason to break DD-Pac, they are doing well.

Eller's spot for now is on the 3rd line.

Good god. That first one was addressed to Et le But, not you. How can you mess that up? Do you understand how a forum works? The second one, I was defending myself because you claimed that I claimed that you said :)amazed:) that Eller was a 4th liner. I know for a fact that you didn't. I never claimed that you did, but because you somehow confused the poster Et le but's name, who appears in blue, with your own, somehow, you thought that I was addressing the hate comments and 4th liner stuff to you. I wasn't.

Stop playing games, indeed.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Of course it's a good team, if not they wouldn't be on the top of the Eastern Conference. But they are far from being dominant and perfect, and it's still time to adress the weak points before the playoff. Keep looking blindly at the stats and overlooking the Habs flaws.

You need to understand that no team will really dominate all their games. The parity in the league is too high. And we have good proof of that. With the same players we had a 15th place team and now with the addition of a grinder we're 1st in the league. All the teams in the east have flaws.

Even the Hawks have flaws.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad