Habs lose 4-1 to rookie coach with temper issues

void

Jan 5, 2006
I saw that too!

He deserved it. But if this were hockey, the guy would have brought so many of us with him to the sin bin, it's unbelievable. Tame people, too.

When do infraction points run out?

After 30 days!

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
Nathan Mackinnon is a hell of an addition. He was projected to be a generational talent at one time. He's going to have a great career.

of course it's a great addition, all i'm saying is that better coached, that team is better than the record they had last year as much as ours was much better than what it should have been

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Oh and did I fall asleep in the third, or was DD benched for a little while?

He was benched. His first shift in the 3rd was the one where Subban gave up the puck behind our net. Poor DD. Not his fault but he was still on the ice for the goal against.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Is it just me or the Habs are playing a complete different style this year? Remember the strong forecheck of last year where other teams couldn't come out of their zone? And remember how the puck was not staying in our zone for long and the defense was quickly getting the puck out? They don't do anything of that this year. It's like they have zero style or strategy.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
What did he do? People mentioned him before but I wasn't around during the game (on the forum);

Well, we had a mod-free party. Everything went great, Andy even got to hit on a girl from Arizona! We moderated ourselves great. And then some troll showed up. He talked baldly about Galchy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Is it just me or the Habs are playing a complete different style this year? Remember the strong forecheck of last year where other teams couldn't come out of their zone? And remember how the puck was not staying in our zone for long and the defense was quickly getting the puck out? They don't do anything of that this year. It's like they have zero style or strategy.
I don't know what changed from last year to this year. But you are right.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
It has applied to the habs for a long long time.dont hire the best man for the job hire the best french man instead.hard to argue otherwise . And the results speak for themselves.

While I agree with your message...I repeat, we won the division last year. If results speak for themselves, what does that mean?

Guys like Therrien aren't bad coaches. They just don't have an extended shelf life.

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal

it's easier to play that style when you carry the same crop of forward ... too many injuries makes it harder

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The year we finished 3rd last in the league we had some serious problems in the 3rd period. The last 2 games have kind of looked like that. Competitive in the 1st two periods and then we bow out in the 3rd.

The D is not very good. Habs need Tinordi and Beaulieu to develop into the players they can be, and hope Emelin is the D-man we think he is.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I just want to say, to those who participated, that was one fun GDT, one the best ones ever. I love you guys and gals.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I don't know what changed from last year to this year. But you are right.

It's as if they switched to some ultra-defensive mental state where the forecheck is gone, the D is not helping the forwards and instead of the Ds quickly getting the puck out of the Habs' zone, they'd rather let the opposition place themselve in our zone and then push them back. I wonder what's the point of all that.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I saw that too!

He deserved it. But if this were hockey, the guy would have brought so many of us with him to the sin bin, it's unbelievable. Tame people, too.

When do infraction points run out?
What does the asterix mean? Temporary ban or permaban?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad