Habs lose 4-1 to rookie coach with temper issues

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
On a positive note, as a Haligonian, it's kinda cool that MacKinnon and Giguere both got stars of the same game, for obvious reasons (former Mooseheads that now live together). Couldn't expect too many chances at that, with Giguere as a back-up and Nate as a rookie on a hot team.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
That french course thing is SO Habs propaganda :-p

But that's okay, whatever I don't care, if it makes people feel good they can say merci and bonjour, whatever, win.

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
I just got why Desharnais suck.

He doesn't understand english so he's lost at the team meetings.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
That french course thing is SO Habs propaganda :-p

But that's okay, whatever I don't care, if it makes people feel good they can say merci and bonjour, whatever, win.

The team plays in a french speaking province, offering that course is actually a great idea.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Need some high end talent.

Like the Oilers correct?

Obviously not, but that's how much money wasted by our genius GM.

To be fair to the one year deal guys(Boullion and Murray) the deals are normal. There was no better player available for cheaper. Small term, no problem. It's the DD and Briere ones that are confusing. Murray and Boullion just fill out a roster, the other's are deemed to be core.

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
The worst thing to happen to this team is overachieving last year. I wouldn't have minded another tank.

you've got that right about overachieving.... not necessarily tank, but people are expecting what? we were not a second place team, we should have been in the middle of the pack.... we are still fairly far from being a contender...

By the same way, if anybody believe the AV's were a 29 place team last year, your wrong....

And they are 12-1, they beat other teams 11 times, no shame losing to them, but we should have played better....

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
you've got that right about overachieving.... not necessarily tank, but people are expecting what? we were not a second place team, we should have been in the middle of the pack.... we are still fairly far from being a contender...

By the same way, if anybody believe the AV's were a 29 place team last year, your wrong....

And they are 12-1, they beat other teams 11 times, no shame losing to them, but we should have played better....
Nathan Mackinnon is a hell of an addition. He was projected to be a generational talent at one time. He's going to have a great career.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm just at the point where I'm blaming everything on Therrien and/or Desharnais, because it's funner and easier this way.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Nathan Mackinnon is a hell of an addition. He was projected to be a generational talent at one time. He's going to have a great career.

It's the first time I've seen him play an NHL game. That kid is definitely the real deal. The determination he showed scoring his goal tonight was awesome.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
The team plays in a french speaking province, offering that course is actually a great idea.

Yes. But I care more about the team winning.

Because they represent that french speaking province and if they are losers, that makes us sort of look like losers, and that's bad in any language.

But of course, it's nice of them to offer it.

A fear that I have about it is the press singling out who DIDN'T take the course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad