Habs lose 4-1 to rookie coach with temper issues

Eggbeater

Jul 4, 2007
Still, we have not seen one shift- not even one - where they played like last year.

Yes. That style of play was tailor made for the type of players Montreal has, and they seemed to have abandoned that this season for absolutely no reason.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Why do mods lock threads after 1000 posts? Seen it on other boards too, is it because of lag or something?

After 1,000 posts, this glitch occurs on all mod computers where an annoying little imp dances on our screen and moons us. The only way to get rid of him is to close the thread and open a new one.

So to answer your question, we just have to. ;)

domdo345

Jun 4, 2008
To be honest I am getting sick and tired of always having a defense first team/no risks team. I am tired of Diaz/Bouillotte/Gorges just rimming the puck on the boards on every single breakout. I am tired that only Markov and Subban pinches in to keep the pressure alive in the offensive zone. I am tired of ALWAYS having a 4th line outmatched by the other 4th line. I am tired that our D's cheat, giving the blue line so easily to not get burned on the outside and thus creating a huge gap to cover for the backcheckers. I could whine about DD but there's so many others things not going well that I can't even bother right now anyway.

edit:

Look at Boston, Vancouver, SJ, Detroit, Pitt, Anaheim, Chicago, St-Louis. They all get their D's involved in the Offensive zone to keep the pressure on. And god knows if you aren't having an odd man rush you won't be given the blue line.

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
MT loyalty to marginal players will be his downfall

i think the only loyalty issue is with Bouillon and for sure that will end this year...

I think he's over Desharnais, but don't want to make is GM look too bad so he gave him all the rope he could, and will still until all the injures are back... but seriously, if he's thinking of winning and keeping his job, when Moen, Brière And Prust are back, he won't have any choice but to sit Desharnais, Bournival doesn't deserve it, what White does on a 4th line, Desharnais can do, Even Leblanc will be sent down, but he brings more presently than Desharnais....

If i were Bergevin, who's suppose to have so much friends around the league, i'd call an I OWE YOU with someone and try to pass DD somehow, even for the guy, like Gomez last year, he reach a point where i doubt he can get out of the hole!!!

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Yes. That style of play was tailor made for the type of players Montreal has, and they seemed to have abandoned that this season for absolutely no reason.

That doesn't bode well for that futur cause it means that MT is so stubborn that he's willing to lose instead of playing a style that was more natural for them to play.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Where the hell does Briere fit into the lineup? Bournival and Leblanc have outplayed both he and Desharnais.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Yes it's possible after 4 months. It all depends on how the person was permabanned in the first place.

I'd say he was permabanned while taking advantage of the local mods' happy hour to flame-bait about 20 people into tossing insults and "Go Suck A ****" gifs at him.

Anyways, can't they just sign up under another name?

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
After 1,000 posts, this glitch occurs on all mod computers where an annoying little imp dances on our screen and moons us. The only way to get rid of him is to close the thread and open a new one.

So to answer your question, we just have to. ;)

If it were me I would just embrace the imp, try to make it feel at home on Hfboards instead of deleting it.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I'd say he was permabanned while taking advantage of the local mods' happy hour to flame-bait about 20 people into tossing insults and "Go Suck A ****" gifs at him.

Anyways, can't they just sign up under another name?

I don't have access anymore, but I'd say the chances of them ever coming back are quite slim.

You can, but it's against the rules to have more than one account. Without going into details, I wouldn't recommend doing it. Since the mods and admins have ways of knowing when you do.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Pretty much. Bournival is staying with the team.

Bigger question comes on defense, when Emelin returns. Who the hell do you sit? Boo-boo? Diaz?

Boullion. The last string of 5-6 games he has been completely lost. He doesn't even get back into proper position anymore. Even the few moments he does, he loses track of his man almost every shift.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I'll plead the fifth on this one, but so far, your deductive skills seem to be quite sharp.

I went pretty close to that line too so I know how it feels ;)

Back to hockey... This team is definitely not showing the same chemistry they did last year. Only the EGG line dominates on a daily basis.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Pretty much. Bournival is staying with the team.

Bigger question comes on defense, when Emelin returns. Who the hell do you sit? Boo-boo? Diaz?

Has to be Bouillon. It doesn't hurt anyone when he's press boxed. Diaz is still a player to be developped, he needs the ice time.

Asides, sitting Bouillon has the positive of resting him, so if he's needed he'll be fresh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad