Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 3-2 to Sens Pt. Deux

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
The Bergy/Groulx/Mellanby gif sums up how I acted for the last 10 minutes of the third period. Sheer feeling of disbelief and being totally powerless in the face of a total farce.

E=MC2 said it best while this was going on in the third; he said to get prepared to see the game get handed to the Sens. Lo and behold! Two botched icing calls. I had that same feeling too. I'm in disbelief.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
man am I pissed, all this time my hometown paper has been doctoring out the boxscores and simply listing wins, losses and otl.
Where are the columns for "DW, disgusting win" and "HW, hockey win"?

If you dont want people to argue with you, stop posting inane drivel.

Lol dude keep trying to convince yourself you deserved that win. Yes a win is a win and that's why the series is 3-1 in your favor but don't come here and expect me to say you won't fair and square....you didn't.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
I think it might be a good for us to loose.... Prust need surgery, Price is injured, Markov is tired as *****, White injured, Gionta injured, Pacioretty playing injured, etc... It would not look good in round 2...

Markov has been pretty good this series.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
You're better than that, let the trolls ''yeah, Ok...'' people. Prove your point.

As slow as Markov may have become, as old as he gets, Diaz still is nowhere near Markov in terms of stick work in the defensive, and in terms of passing. Markov is elite at both of those things, and it's probably the only aspects of his game keeping him a top-4 d-man.

Diaz still is weak defensively, physically, and offensively, in the offensive zone, I have yet to see him orchestrate scoring chances all by himself by doing a clever pinch or by making a cross-ice pass to the level of Markov's.

The only thing Diaz has on Markov is pure speed. But then, so has Campoli.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Tsn and eklund...wtf. If you say Tsn is slightly more credible then Eklund then I have no words to describe my head scratching.

Game was lost within 10 mins because of poor officiating. Maybe someone talked to Bill and reported it? Doesn't mean Bill said anything to the media etc. The NHL has to actually allow media to speak to officials. It's the only league that protects them like no tomorrow.

I'm so disappointed in being a hockey fan it's not even funny.

You said TSN radio which is essentially regional and staffed with unabashed homers, who perpetually oversell local talent and invent trade rumors to make themselves feel better or to try and run players they dont like out of town.

We lost because we erroneously though we could sit on a 2 goal lead in the third, thats about it. and there is a reason why the Refs dont talk to the media, they dont answer to the freaking press and they certainly are not accountable to them. And in my entire history of watching the NHL, I've never seen someone in administration EVER publically bring into question the competence of the guys on the ice despite WAY worse calls.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
The Bergy/Groulx/Mellanby gif sums up how I acted for the last 10 minutes of the third period. Sheer feeling of disbelief and being totally powerless in the face of a total farce.

E=MC2 said it best while this was going on in the third; he said to get prepared to see the game get handed to the Sens. Lo and behold! Two botched icing calls. I had that same feeling too. I'm in disbelief.

I saw all this happening when it was up 2-0 for Montreal I saw the way they were calling the game . Hell even my girlfriend called me (she was watching at home)she's a decent hockey fan but for her to notice missed Calls and bad calls and kicking motion is pretty sad:( and said like wtf is going on here. That's life tho complaing won't do nothing but make everyone hate us more. Apparently only they can do that(gryba hit)

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Lol dude keep trying to convince yourself you deserved that win. Yes a win is a win and that's why the series is 3-1 in your favor but don't come here and expect me to say you won't fair and square....you didn't.

Im a habs fan, just not a whiny one. We have gotten our fair share of calls go our way, we are not going to get the benefit on every call and the expectation that the refs will get it 100% right is for morons and people who dont understand the game.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I saw all this happening when it was up 2-0 for Montreal I saw the way they were calling the game . Hell even my girlfriend called me (she was watching at home)she's a decent hockey fan but for her to notice missed Calls and bad calls and kicking motion is pretty sad:( and said like wtf is going on here. That's life tho complaing won't do nothing but make everyone hate us more. Apparently only they can do that(gryba hit)
Felt like a Andre Savard meltdown of a decade or so ago.

I still can't wrap my head around the first icing call. Gonchar looped for God's sake.

I'm rattled.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I wonder if Drewiske will play. I thought he was pretty good in his stint.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
Im a habs fan, just not a whiny one. We have gotten our fair share of calls go our way, we are not going to get the benefit on every call and the expectation that the refs will get it 100% right is for morons and people who dont understand the game.

Lol I don't understand the game and im a moron? What did Montreal get away with besides bourques elbow?(Which should have been a suspension But the crosscheck to subbans face kinda makes it even)Yesterday there were 2 clear interferences that should have been called but weren't .

They were on pleky and when Gallagher got knee on kneed that first goal was garbage and the second one also but whatever I've seen them go both ways with these inside the crease. We couldn't even get near Anderson as soon as we scored they were waved off. Yesterday cowen stopped price from getting his stick in position that called goalie interference when you in the crease.

Show me one thing Montreal got away with yesterday please mr hockey god who knows so much. And everyone else is stupid according to you and our gm is stupid and our coach but you your smart and it was a fair game right? People like you get on my nerves I watched that game 2 times and all the little plays like 300 I watch games unlike you who breezes by them and then agrees with all the other fan bases because he wants to look good.

idk

Jan 11, 2012
I've been wearing my tinfoil hat this morning, looking at some numbers. If you look at our record with the eight officials we have seen this series (starting with last night and working back - Meier, Peel, Devorski, O'Halloran, McCauley, Pollock, Leggo and O'Rourke) we have ten wins and twelve losses. Those officials, on average, call our opponents for 12 minutes and 31 seconds in PIM's in a game (our opponents averaged 15 PIM's per game this season) and called us for 12 minutes and 30 second of PIM's in a game (we averaged 13 minutes and 25 seconds this season).

Our best record with officials this season (ignoring guys we only saw once) was 4-0 (Charron & Joanette) and 3-0 (Sutherland). Two of them (Joanette and Sutherland) are officiating in the playoffs, but have not been our series. In fact our record with the officials who are working this first round is 36-21 (that's including the 10-12 record of our officials - our record with the officials that have so far been absent throughout our series is 26-9),

Now, I'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories. And the sample sizes are so small this season that they probably don't hold a lot of water statistically. But at the same time I wonder how we draw Peel, O'Hallaran and Pollock (3-9 collectively) and only three officials we have a winning record with (one of them a 1-0 record).

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
was therrien asked in his press conference why galchy was benched in the third? I think he was on our best player in the first 2 periods along with Plekanec.

Jmac1160*

If you want to play the 'what if' game we can do that too. 'If' you guys had the suspensions you should have had, you would not have dominated the first two periods. 'If' you guys kept the lead in game 1, the series would be 2-2 or 3-1 for the habs. 'If' Gryba's questionable suspension didn't happen, we would have won game 2.

There are a world of what ifs in every single NHL game, which is unsurprising given the speed of the game. As a fan, I too would get mad at blown calls but I'd also acknowledge the faults of my team and understand that NHL losses don't happen on a single play.

Go back to your board troll. Jesus your annoying. It's funny how every sens fan is Mr Wisdom all of a sudden. **** off with your ********

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Lol I don't understand the game and am a moron? What did Montreal get away with besides boutiques elbow? Yesterday there were 2 clear interferences that should have been called but weren't . They were on pleky and when Gallagher got knee on kneed that first goal was garbage and the second one also but WTO I've seen them go both ways with these inside the crease. We couldn't even get near Anderson as soon as we scored they were waved off. Yesterday cowen stopped price from getting his stick in position that called goalie interference when you in the crease. Show me one thing Montreal got away with yesterday please mr hockey god who knows so much

gryba sitting two for a hockey play gone bad ? The aforementioned elbow from bourque, a repeat offender who put a guy on lt IR doing the same thing ?

I though the goal would be disallowed but it could have gone either way. Blaming the loss on two non called icings is probably the worst case of being a whining petulant fan that I can remember.
These " beefs" only occur post facto, if after the first icing we win the draw and score on the empty net, my suspicion is that homers like you wouldnt be lamenting how that we scored a "disgusting goal" from a blown call.

any mistake that goes our way = great
any mistake that goes against us= evidence of some far reaching
conspiracy

have some damn pride and stop playing the victim and hope that the team follows suit.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
If Markov is so tired after this season, what can we expect after a 82-game season? :help:

I dunno, but he's played a big fat 73 games this year in total. That includes the KHL and the playoffs.

As far as the game goes, I'm still pissed about this loss. The Habs didn't stop playing in the 3rd, Ottawa just kicked it into high gear and the Habs responded VERY well to the 1st goal.

No excuses? Sure, but don't ask me to be happy and say nothing when the ****ing refs hand such an important game to our opponents.

I think this may very well be the worst officiated playoff game I've witnessed in the last decade.

GOO-GOO-G'JOOB

Hemlor

Jan 27, 2007
It was a fun and nice year. I'm allready excited for next year. Heck, I'm allready excited for this summer as I doubt Bergevin will bring back the exact same team.

Last night, for the first time this season, I second guessed Therrien.

• Galchenyuk was his best player for 2 periods, yet he benched him in the third...
  • Gorges plays way too much... (I hope he and Markov gonna be replaced in the off-season.)
  • Playing conservative in the third was a mistake...

I was hoping to see more of Galchenyuk in the third as well, but to MT's defense, he has done this all year. He does not want to put him in a position to fail, and b/c Galchenyuks' defense is still in development, it was more prudent to replace him with a vet. He may have though that if Chucky made a mistake that cost a goal, he would have hurt his growth, development. Still not sure if I agree, but MT's actions are consistent throughout the year. As for Gorges, and all the D, they are feeling the absence of Emelin. They are not deep enough at that position (at least with NHL ready D-men), so guys are playing more than they should. I trust the management team, and they know what they are lacking, and hopefully they will address it through the draft/trades/free agency. My concern is that fans will expect everything to be fixed for next year, when in reality, this process takes much longer, in my opinion.

Hemlor

Jan 27, 2007
I dunno, but he's played a big fat 73 games this year in total. That includes the KHL and the playoffs.

As far as the game goes, I'm still pissed about this loss. The Habs didn't stop playing in the 3rd, Ottawa just kicked it into high gear and the Habs responded VERY well to the 1st goal.

No excuses? Sure, but don't ask me to be happy and say nothing when the ****ing refs hand such an important game to our opponents.

I think this may very well be the worst officiated playoff game I've witnessed in the last decade.

GOO-GOO-G'JOOB

I agree, they did respond well to the first goal. They had quite a bit of the possession and forecheck was strong. They did sit back a bit before that first goal, but this is hardly unique to the Hab's. Teams do it all the time. The problem is that fans are fans, and don't like to see their team play conservative. And when you have so-called radio analysts whose only response and analysis is that 'they should have opened it up' (see TSN690 radio guy after the game last night).

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
gryba sitting two for a hockey play gone bad ? The aforementioned elbow from bourque, a repeat offender who put a guy on lt IR doing the same thing ?

I though the goal would be disallowed but it could have gone either way. Blaming the loss on two non called icings is probably the worst case of being a whining petulant fan that I can remember.
These " beefs" only occur post facto, if after the first icing we win the draw and score on the empty net, my suspicion is that homers like you wouldnt be lamenting how that we scored a "disgusting goal" from a blown call.

any mistake that goes our way = great
any mistake that goes against us= evidence of some far reaching
conspiracy

have some damn pride and stop playing the victim and hope that the team follows suit.

Dude read my post you proved me right the bourque hit should have been suspended that was it its all we got away with. Ottawa got away with murder if you don't see it who cares but don't answer me like I'm some moron. If there was nothing and I'm just being a homer fine but that's not the case everybody is saying except sens fans the Habs fans(like you) who only watch a game once we lost well whatever that's life should have played better. I don't disagree with what your saying but don't tell me I'm wrong because I'm not we both know without the blown calls we win(you take the high road,thats good, and i take the whiny road but again im not wrong)Refs lose people games sometimes this stuff happens. I'm just complaining about it until tomorrow I will stop when there's another game but personally what I watched yesterday is one of the most poorly officiated games these playoffs. All im saying is I agree with what your saying but at the same time extremely angry for the way that game was reffed.

And please don't call anyone on these boards a moron, as a huge hockey fan you know how it feel and then everybody tries to prove how much they know about hockey and blah blah. If you sign up to these boards it's because you like hockey enough to discuss it with people from around the world all the time. I for one enjoy it but don't expect to be called a moron.. A little disrespectful considering I was just voicing my opinion

As for the bolded go look at all my posts I never complain about officiating this game was truly horrendous. I actually have been complaing about the officiating (to my brother) in some of the other games but for the Habs no. I always try and be unbiased sometimes I'm a homer (obviously)

Last edited:

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I think it might be a good for us to loose.... Prust need surgery, Price is injured, Markov is tired as *****, White injured, Gionta injured, Pacioretty playing injured, etc... It would not look good in round 2...

Yeah i agree with this. I'm not going to say that it would be a good thing to loose but if the Habs miraculously make it to the 2nd round i think this is where it's gonna end.

Half of the team is banged up if not flat out injured and i don't think they would be able to sustain their fast tempo play for very long

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Honestly, watching kovy get slashed and bumping into souray causing a Glen Murray breakaway and winning OT goal also putting us Down 3-1 hurt way more than yesterdays fiasco, enjoy the year we had boys, we finished 2nd with guys like gionta and Ryder on the team, imagine next year :D

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
Was Galchenyuk our best skater? No. Subban was.
Was Galchenyuk was our best forward? Yes. Might not be by a huge margin, but he was. Bourque and Plekanec were decent too, but Galchenyuk as a whole was just as good. He generated and insane amount of scoring chances/minutes played ratio. He was giving fits to the Ottawa d-men, and was always generating things. He even started hitting more.

Gallagher? Nothing against the kid, he made a lot of efforts and it paid off a couple of times, but in the end, he's -6 and has not generated as many scoring chances as Galchenyuk.

Gallagher hasn't been playing protected minutes like Galchenyuk does. It's a complete injustice to judge Gallagher by just looking at +/-. It's pretty much like judging Plek by +/-. Plek is -3, you think DD has been better, with a +1?

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
Honestly, watching kovy get slashed and bumping into souray causing a Glen Murray breakaway and winning OT goal also putting us Down 3-1 hurt way more than yesterdays fiasco, enjoy the year we had boys, we finished 2nd with guys like gionta and Ryder on the team, imagine next year :D

Lol ill always remember freaking out when it all happened and when I watched the replay and saw kovy "oversell it" to say the least I was just :/ why...none of that this year, really like where the Habs are going and I have faith in Bergevin. I'm a big supporter of doing nothing at deadline and keeping all our beautiful draft picks. Hoping that we are finally moving towards that cup contender team we have all wanted for a while now. Even during our halak run we all knew it was to good to be true and we were overachieving. Hoping for that day when ecf is a yearly thing...:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad