Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 3-2 to Sens Pt. Deux

arian487

Jul 15, 2009
I wasn't saying that Karlsson was a bad skater. In fact, I was using the proven fact that he's an EXCELLENT skater to point out the ridiculousness of the icing calls because he wasn't fast enough to get back to the puck.

Ah my bad. I misunderstood what you meant. Not sure what to say here as I said I've already completely agreed it was a blown call. Karlsson tried to sell it I guess and it worked but yes, it was a blown call.

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski
Yes, yes it does. 2nd team in the East in a short season where players conditioning meant a lot, and that's about to get knocked out by the 7th seed because of its inability to protect leads, by the way.

Inability to protect leads, it's not a matter of two players, it's a team problem. And we aren't getting ko by Ottawa. We dominated 3/4 of the games. Gorges is a top-4 d-man, he just has limited offense. All around the league, players like Gorges are playing in top-4. Diaz, with his IQ and great defensive positioning, I can't see how he isn't a two-way top-4 d-man. Having Gorges, Subban, Markov and Diaz in our top-4 isn't an ideal situation, I totally agree. A 25 years old Tinordi would make our team a lot better with his size and physicality.

arian487

Jul 15, 2009
Also you guys have a lot to be proud of. Habs were one of my favourite teams to watch this season because of the style of play they had as well as the exciting youngsters with great futures (Gallagher, Subban, Galchenyuk, and especially Eller). I was scared you would skate circles around us and when you play your game, that has certainly happened. I knew if we win this series it would have to be a classic pesky sens win, winning games we don't deserve as we've done all year.

But seriously I'm very jealous we don't have Eller, dude is amazing when he skates up the neutral zone, always makes something happens and he's very smart with the puck. He's definitely a gem.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
You just used 'if' again. It happened, live with it. As a fan thats all you can do. We all live a ton of what ifs every game and every season. I'll be the first to say that I don't think the Sens have ever lost a full series because of officiating. You might lose the small battles, a play here or a play there but never a full series. It usually balances out by the end...

Wrote an angry post then deleted lol

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Also you guys have a lot to be proud of. Habs were one of my favourite teams to watch this season because of the style of play they had as well as the exciting youngsters with great futures (Gallagher, Subban, Galchenyuk, and especially Eller). I was scared you would skate circles around us and when you play your game, that has certainly happened. I knew if we win this series it would have to be a classic pesky sens win, winning games we don't deserve as we've done all year.

But seriously I'm very jealous we don't have Eller, dude is amazing when he skates up the neutral zone, always makes something happens and he's very smart with the puck. He's definitely a gem.

Hence he blind side hit right?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Tsn radio.

one step up from eklund. with the current hyper partisan criticism of the refs, McCreary has donned the stripes and even if he is going to ream some guys out, he's going to do it behind closed doors. You dont engender any support for the fairness of the league by having management throw guys under the bus by having management oublically questioning the competence of the refs.

Even if he is pissed, he wont say anything to the press other than voicing his support for the crews and then seeing that the ones who have not met his expectations, get left out of later rounds.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Inability to protect leads, it's not a matter of two players, it's a team problem. And we aren't getting ko by Ottawa. We dominated 3/4 of the games. Gorges is a top-4 d-man, he just has limited offense. All around the league, players like Gorges are playing in top-4. Diaz, with his IQ and great defensive positioning, I can't see how he isn't a two-way top-4 d-man. Having Gorges, Subban, Markov and Diaz in our top-4 isn't an ideal situation, I totally agree. A 25 years old Tinordi would make our team a lot better with his size and physicality.

If Gorges has limited offense, he sure now has limited defense too.
Diaz is in no way a top-4 d-man. Never has been, and right now is not neither. Too weak physically and defensively.
Markov is a top-4 d-man, though he's becoming less and less a top-2 d-man as days pass.
Subban is a legit #1 d-man. No doubt there.

A lot of our blown leads were because of goals let because of our inability to clear teh crease this year. A lot of it has to do with having a smallish, weak D-squad who won't answer properly to physical play.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Came over to comment on Galchenyuk- man, he's one helluva player. He still has not completely filled out yet either, and you can see the flashes of brilliance to come.

He'll be a treat for you folks to watch develop over the next few seasons :)

arian487

Jul 15, 2009
Hence he blind side hit right?

Huh? Are you saying we purposefully hit him that way because he's an offensive threat? I hope not. I would not wish that on a player as talented as him. I hate that he got injured, but knowing Gryba I don't think he went in there with the intention to hurt the kid. Gryba is a rookie and he's been good for us all season, but definitely not a goon.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
Ah my bad. I misunderstood what you meant. Not sure what to say here as I said I've already completely agreed it was a blown call. Karlsson tried to sell it I guess and it worked but yes, it was a blown call.

You know my respect for you just tripled, that all we wanted to hear we know we lost we can't change that but if Ottawa fans would just agree ok some of the obvious mishaps then Hans fan wouldn't be getting so angry. It's the fact that most of them are saying everything was clean good icing good this good that. Sometimes refs blow calls and they cost games that what happened. That's also life it's killing me right now my anger is blinding but like I said I have much more respect for someone who can call things how they are. A lot less arguments if people spoke like this post

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Diaz is in no way a top-4 d-man. Never has been, and right now is not neither. Too weak physically and defensively.
Markov is a top-4 d-man, though he's becoming less and less a top-2 d-man as days pass.

A lot of our blown leads were because of goals let because of our inability to clear teh crease this year. A lot of it has to do with having a smallish, weak D-squad who won't answer properly to physical play.

Funny you say Markov is a top 4 Dman but not Diaz:laugh: Diaz played poorly in the PO and since coming back from his injury, but in no way I would put Markov ahead of him.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal

Did you notice price couldn't get his stick where he wanted because Cowan was in the crease blocking price from properly being able to position himself with his stick? I want to see a gif of that here

cupwatcher2014

Dec 3, 2008
Dude everything you said is crap lol if we didn't get the icing you don't score on our tired players we wok the end bad calls stop whining about our whining you should be ashamed of your win

What? The puck was cleared AFTER the icing. There was an opportunity to at least make a partial change. Everyone panicked and went all over the place. That is what I saw.

I hardly think Ottawa should be ashamed of the win. It is not their fault that the refereeing is inconsistent.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
What? The puck was cleared AFTER the icing. There was an opportunity to at least make a partial change. Everyone panicked and went all over the place. That is what I saw.

I hardly think Ottawa should be ashamed of the win. It is not their fault that the refereeing is inconsistent.

No it's not their fault but it is what is be proud of your win I wouldn't..I'd be happy we won but know that it was a disgusting win not a hockey win and please don't argue with me I'm done posting for the day if the tables were turned we would here all the Hans conspiracy theorists so please

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Although I'm also on the side of 'its just not meant to be this year', this feels a lot like how the Bruins fans felt the last time we eliminated them. They took us for all it was worth and then won the cup a few years after. I can only hope that this is the direction we are headed in.
Talk about a spot on comparison. Bruins-Habs series in 2008 was a springboard for the Bruins which eventually culminated with a Cup in 2011. That series changed a lot down here for the hockey culture and where the Bruins fit among the big 4 teams, I'm pretty sure the hockey culture is fine in Montreal. But for the first time in a long time the Bruins showed heart in that series and pushing this series the limit could greatly benefit a young team like you guys have (not saying a come back is out of the realm of possibility). As a Red Sox and a Bruins fan I've seen anything is possible, been on the good side of it (2004 Red Sox) and the down side (2010 Bruins).

cupwatcher2014

Dec 3, 2008
No it's not their fault but it is what is be proud of your win I wouldn't..I'd be happy we won but know that it was a disgusting win not a hockey win and please don't argue with me I'm done posting for the day if the tables were turned we would here all the Hans conspiracy theorists so please

Not going to argue with you. Mostly because I have no idea what you are trying to say....

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
one step up from eklund. with the current hyper partisan criticism of the refs, McCreary has donned the stripes and even if he is going to ream some guys out, he's going to do it behind closed doors. You dont engender any support for the fairness of the league by having management throw guys under the bus by having management oublically questioning the competence of the refs.

Even if he is pissed, he wont say anything to the press other than voicing his support for the crews and then seeing that the ones who have not met his expectations, get left out of later rounds.

Tsn and eklund...wtf. If you say Tsn is slightly more credible then Eklund then I have no words to describe my head scratching.

Game was lost within 10 mins because of poor officiating. Maybe someone talked to Bill and reported it? Doesn't mean Bill said anything to the media etc. The NHL has to actually allow media to speak to officials. It's the only league that protects them like no tomorrow.

I'm so disappointed in being a hockey fan it's not even funny.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

man am I pissed, all this time my hometown paper has been doctoring out the boxscores and simply listing wins, losses and otl.
Where are the columns for "DW, disgusting win" and "HW, hockey win"?

If you dont want people to argue with you, stop posting inane drivel.

arian487

Jul 15, 2009
You know my respect for you just tripled, that all we wanted to hear we know we lost we can't change that but if Ottawa fans would just agree ok some of the obvious mishaps then Hans fan wouldn't be getting so angry. It's the fact that most of them are saying everything was clean good icing good this good that. Sometimes refs blow calls and they cost games that what happened. That's also life it's killing me right now my anger is blinding but like I said I have much more respect for someone who can call things how they are. A lot less arguments if people spoke like this post

Haha, I always hope for good discussion as well but I understand the emotions. We all get blinded by our team alliances and up yelling at each other or making non sensical comments. I've been a victim of it as well. As a fan you just live with it, but I think we're both really lucky to just be in the playoffs. Pretty much everyone picked you guys to be near the bottom and no one believed in us after all those injuries but here we both are.

Just nice to have a very heated series, but the way both our teams have played I don't think either of us are going to get too far. I think we'd get rocked by Pittsburgh or Boston.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Tsn and eklund...wtf. If you say Tsn is slightly more credible then Eklund then I have no words to describe my head scratching.

Game was lost within 10 mins because of poor officiating. Maybe someone talked to Bill and reported it? Doesn't mean Bill said anything to the media etc. The NHL has to actually allow media to speak to officials. It's the only league that protects them like no tomorrow.

I'm so disappointed in being a hockey fan it's not even funny.

Stop freaking blaming the refs. We were up 2-0 in the last game and stopped playing. That's why we lost. Overcome adversity.

No excuse, remember?

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski

I totally agree with everything you said, from the inability to clear the crease, small defence and Markov becoming more a top-4 than a top-2. But, the problem is not that Diaz and Gorges aren't top-4 defencemen, the problem is the lack of diversity on D. Like I said, I'd love to see a mature Tinordi playing on the top-4, probably next season, who knows. I think the problem with Diaz is that he has been asked to play on a shutdown pairing. He should play vs 2nd/3rd line quality. IMO, Subban should play vs top lines. And Gorges is a top-4, but he isn't playing well this season. He was so good. I don't know what happened.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Stop freaking blaming the refs. We were up 2-0 in the last game and stopped playing. That's why we lost. Overcome adversity.

No excuse, remember?

I disagree. We didn't stop playing. Heck Ottawa didn't have many scoring chances in the 3rd. Lots of perimeter shots. After the cheeky kick goal, they didn't get a scoring chance until the weird tying goal, 7 minutes later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad