Post-Game Talk: Habs los... wait what? They won in extra time!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Of course I wish they had a better record but I can see this game for what it was. An entertaining game with some good & bad and a win.

Where we differ is I’m glad they won whereas I think you would have rather seen them lose. It’s like the Habs bring you so much angst you can’t resist complaining even when they win. Even after a win you’re miserable.

Yes because all I’m seeing is that the goalie and top defender are on a steep decline and just the two of them take up 20% of the cap for the next 6 years. I also don’t see any first line talent after 8 years of Bergevin.

So no, one tiny little victory against a bad team missing their best player doesn’t change much for me.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yes because all I’m seeing is that the goalie and top defender are on a steep decline and just the two of them take up 20% of the cap for the next 6 years. I also don’t see any first line talent after 8 years of Bergevin.

So no, one tiny little victory against a bad team missing their best player doesn’t change much for me.
I don't think I've seen somebody so unhappy with a win in my life. :laugh:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don't think I've seen somebody so unhappy with a win in my life. :laugh:

I’m not unhappy with the win. I’m unhappy with the team. The only time I was unhappy with a win was when I wanted them to tank.

I’m just not getting overly excited about a shootout win knowing they haven’t won two games in a row since Feb 1 and Feb 2.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I made a comment the other day about how the Habs should use Price as an attacker in OT. He can skate and handle the puck half-way to the blue line and pass it off. I'll be damned, they did just that last night.

Someone on the coaching staff must read HFBoards, or I just got lucky. :laugh:
Or maybe you're Alex Burrows barber.

Reactions: peate

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I’m not unhappy with the win. I’m unhappy with the team. The only time I was unhappy with a win was when I wanted them to tank.

I’m just not getting overly excited about a shootout win knowing they haven’t won two games in a row since Feb 1 and Feb 2.
I get not being overly excited. That's all well and good. But the club just snapped a nine game OT streak and all you've done is bitch. There are legit reasons to be annoyed with the club but to do it now is just like telling the parents at a birthday party they should have gotten chocolate cake instead of vanilla.

At least save it for a loss man. :laugh:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Yeah, the OT strategies are still warped. But it's in the players heads now. Unfortunately.
KK reallllly needs a scoring winger. Manos de piedra, enough! 62 is a 4th liner. A good one. But the guy is just Réjean Houlesque. KK creates and dishes. He needs a scorer.
Man, did you ever hit the nail on the head. Lehky= Rejean Houle!!!!!!!!! Perfect comparison.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I get not being overly excited. That's all well and good. But the club just snapped a nine game OT streak and all you've done is bitch. There are legit reasons to be annoyed with the club but to do it now is just like telling the parents at a birthday party they should have gotten chocolate cake instead of vanilla.

At least save it for a loss man. :laugh:

No your analogy makes no sense. That would work if I said I wish they won in OT rather than the shootout.

A better analogy would be that I’m not overly excited about a kid’s birthday party knowing that kid has cancer. Yeah I’ll be happy for the moment in time but really on the inside it’s f***ing sad.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
No your analogy makes no sense. That would work if I said I wish they won in OT rather than the shootout.

A better analogy would be that I’m not overly excited about a kid’s birthday party knowing that kid has cancer. Yeah I’ll be happy for the moment in time but really on the inside it’s f***ing sad.
No... a better analogy is the one I provided. Comparing cancer to a hockey game is way over the top.

Lighten up.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Bringing cancer into this is over the top. And it pretty much reinforces my whole point.

Again you don’t get it but sure.

Alright sorry everyone. Woooo team! Great win! Onto the Stanley Cup with the best goalie in the world! I love Bergevin, he brings many reasons to cheer! (Feel free to also edit this one as you please)

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

But how are you gonna get two wins in row without winning games?? OT, regulation, SO.....they all amount to a W

overly excited.....ya, I’m with you, but happy with the win, damn rights I am.

Just look at it this way, Habs are one win away from your benchmark, that’s gotta get some juices going no?

Reactions: Runner77

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Alright sorry everyone. Woooo team! Great win! Onto the Stanley Cup with the best goalie in the world! I love Bergevin, he brings many reasons to cheer!
Who the hell said anything about a cup? I don't think I saw a single person mention Bergevin... People were happy we won. Why shouldn't they be?

Then you came in with dark clouds.

Like I said man, at least save it for a loss. Don't worry, there will be plenty this season.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
That’s Vancouver’s problem, not ours.

We were absent vs the Flames.....i don’t see anyone making excuses for those games

What are you talking about ? I was saying MTL should have won in regulation if Price had been average given the way they played ? Not making excuses for anybody

Reactions: jaffy27

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

Alright sorry everyone. Woooo team! Great win! Onto the Stanley Cup with the best goalie in the world! I love Bergevin, he brings many reasons to cheer! (Feel free to also edit this one as you please)

Haha, this is so freaking lame!

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
That s a fact and he made it better arguably but not to the point of being a contender in 10 years which is disappointing
True....but sometimes your horses just ain’t strong enough, like the Sharks, or the Avs, or the Ducks, the Leafs, the Preds, Rangers....all had nice runs but couldn’t quite finish the job (last 15yrs)

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Who the hell said anything about a cup? I don't think I saw a single person mention Bergevin... People were happy we won. Why shouldn't they be?

Then you came in with dark clouds.

Like I said man, at least save it for a loss. Don't worry, there will be plenty this season.

What dark clouds? All I started saying in this thread was that they won against a team without their best player and the goalie is showing signs of being awful again. But apparently I’m “unhappy with the win” and started getting called out for it.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Habs were 5-0-2 against Vancouver before those 2 games. I said on Friday that it was hard expecting a loss. I get it that people aren't overjoyed with those 2 games.

Now let's see how they play against Edmonton this week

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
What dark clouds? All I started saying in this thread was that they won against a team without their best player and the goalie is showing signs of being awful again. But apparently I’m “unhappy with the win” and started getting called out for it.
We won without our best goal scorer, 3rd in league behind Matthews and McDavid.
Didn’t that Pettersonless team also beat the Leafs twice?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad