Post-Game Talk: Habs los... wait what? They won in extra time!

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Carey Price is awful and I'm usually one to defend him. He is about to get to Weber's status... He better be more than hot in the playoffs if we ever make it. If not next season I'm gonna trash that 11M$ pansy so bad.

mratch19

Jul 27, 2010
Vancouver
Nucks fan coming in peace :D, I thought Drouin was excellent against the nucks! His line seemed to drive possession for both games. So happy to see it as I really like Drouin. I'm so excited to see him and Suzuki with Caufield :D. He's such a great passer. Great series everyone! GO HABS!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I dont think it was a Niinimaa moment at all
He just knew it wasnt over because after Price made the stop to win it, he was up with his arms up high

I was just picking up from what a poster wrote earlier in this thread:

He's our new Niinimaa !

He was rather stoic in that short clip, looked deeply pensive for a few seconds. Of course, it doesn't mean anything -- just something for fans to have fun with.

Last edited:

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
As mentioned several times, I love the possession game they are playing with Ducharme but MTL makes unforgivable mistakes in their own zone. Drouin, KK, Armia and co must start scoring goals else the 4 lines possession strategy can't be as effective. In particular, Suzuki has put up a goal, that's nice, but he is involved in two of VAN 4 goals with his line...

Reactions: JianYang

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
14 in 31 games
8 of 14 against Vancouver or Ottawa

ppl thinking this is a good team are insane

You win what you win, and the overall record doesn't lie.

I mean, Ottawa is 500 against the habs and leafs combined, but they are 10 games under 500 overall.

But the canucks had a a fairly easy time against those same Sens, and those canucks never beat the habs in 9 attempts in regulation.

Point is that its hard to draw conclusions based on which teams you beat or lose to. It's better just to focus with what's going on internally.

The only given is that there are no easy games whether it's the leafs at the top or the Sens at the bottom.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Fully agreed, this should have been an easy win and Price played like a below average goalie until OT.

Looking back at the goals, he had no chance at the on the first one. That's just Suzuki choking in his own zone.

2nd goal is a one timer on the PP by a dangerous shooter. I won't say it's weak, but price had a good look at it, and just simply got beat. It's one you want to see a supposed elite goalie stop.

3rd goal, no chance with a tip infront of the net. Tough night on defense continues for Suzuki who gets his clock cleaned on the faceoff, which directly results in the scoring chance.

4th goal is one he has to stop. It's one thing to get beaten by boeser clean, but now we are talking about some guy named motte. He might as well be Steven Stamkos with the way price looked on it.

So yeah, mixed night for price. I'm still waiting to see that consistent high level of play from him, and hopefully, the best is yet to come at the most important time.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Looking back at the goals, he had no chance at the on the first one. That's just Suzuki choking in his own zone.

2nd goal is a one timer on the PP by a dangerous shooter. I won't say it's weak, but price had a good look at it, and just simply got beat. It's one you want to see a supposed elite goalie stop.

3rd goal, no chance with a tip infront of the net. Tough night on defense continues for Suzuki who gets his clock cleaned on the faceoff, which directly results in the scoring chance.

4th goal is one he has to stop. It's one thing to get beaten by boeser clean, but now we are talking about some guy named motte. He might as well be Steven Stamkos with the way price looked on it.

So yeah, mixed night for price. I'm still waiting to see that consistent high level of play from him, and hopefully, the best is yet to come at the most important time.

Agreed Suzuki had a very bad defensive night, but Price is paid like an elite goalie, 4th cannot go in and he has to bail his team out on at least one of the other goals. Else better to go with two good starters paid 4m each in a 1A 1B system.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Agreed Suzuki had a very bad defensive night, but Price is paid like an elite goalie, 4th cannot go in and he has to bail his team out on at least one of the other goals. Else better to go with two good starters paid 4m each in a 1A 1B system.

This is the correct assessment.

Fourth goal has to be saved and the other three are really good looks, so they're not bad goals at all however he needs to find a way to make a save on one of those.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I made a comment the other day about how the Habs should use Price as an attacker in OT. He can skate and handle the puck half-way to the blue line and pass it off. I'll be damned, they did just that last night.

Someone on the coaching staff must read HFBoards, or I just got lucky. :laugh:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Carey Price is awful and I'm usually one to defend him. He is about to get to Weber's status... He better be more than hot in the playoffs if we ever make it. If not next season I'm gonna trash that 11M$ pansy so bad.
Tough night for sure, but if you go back and look close, the 4th goal is the only one you can fault him on.....

Reactions: Runner77

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Breakouts is the biggest issue imo...other then Petry and maybe Romanov when he's allowed or in the mood, they don't have a Dman who can skate the puck out and lead the rush when the passing options aren't there on the breakout.

It leads to turnovers or loss of possession too often.
It would be nice if the GM could address this..........a Sergachev would be nice, but...

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad