Post-Game Talk: Habs los... wait what? They won in extra time!

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Looking back at the goals, he had no chance at the on the first one. That's just Suzuki choking in his own zone.

2nd goal is a one timer on the PP by a dangerous shooter. I won't say it's weak, but price had a good look at it, and just simply got beat. It's one you want to see a supposed elite goalie stop.

3rd goal, no chance with a tip infront of the net. Tough night on defense continues for Suzuki who gets his clock cleaned on the faceoff, which directly results in the scoring chance.

4th goal is one he has to stop. It's one thing to get beaten by boeser clean, but now we are talking about some guy named motte. He might as well be Steven Stamkos with the way price looked on it.

So yeah, mixed night for price. I'm still waiting to see that consistent high level of play from him, and hopefully, the best is yet to come at the most important time.
The 3rd goal although deflection that might go in regardless, Price looked awful on that one. I don’t even know what position or what he was trying to do there. He looked completely off balanced, I think that’s one he would like to have back.

Reactions: dnl4ever

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Seems like you’re taking an angry position in every thread lately. I don’t think anyone is “celebrating mediocrity” here, just happy to have finally won a game in extra time. We’re one season removed from a year where we were far out of the playoff race and got thrown in because of our market. We finally have a couple of talented young centers and a promising defenseman in RoMANov. There’s a lot of prospects in the system too, up front and on defense... not everything is bad. This ain’t the 70s Habs and Sam Pollock isn’t in charge here, but it’s not the bleak late 90s either.
Have you seen the rest of the real division. We would already be on the outside looking in.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Because of the number of games every team is playing against its division rivals, it makes it hard to judge the quality of play in the long run. The Figs lost plenty lately, yet they blanked the Flames last night. Jets look so powerful, yet lost against the Oils last night. No one is running away with it and it's tough to have a winning streak.

It is the same in the East division.

With a third of the season or so left, I really can't judge anything in this division. Not one team is the clear cut winner.

Yesterday, Price sucked the bag. But in March, he had looked great. We'll see next game. It's funny that with the Rocket's goalie coach, he had looked great, and after his first practice with Burke, he's looked like the Waite-Price of old. It's just pure coincidence, I know. It's still ironic.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Thoughts

- Still don't like the way we play in OT. Glad KK started though.
- Not a great night for Carey, I'm sure he'd want the 4th back. Excellent in OT/SO though.
- Nice to see Suzuki get a goal in a second straight game. Would be awesome if he could heat up again.
- Tatar needs to heat up too. Hopefully this is something to build on.
- Too bad we can't play Vancouver more often

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
And while Van is our bitch, let us remind everybody that they had beaten the Figs twice, the Jets once, the Oils once, and the Hens twice in March. Because of their style of play, we mesh well with them.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Thoughts

- Still don't like the way we play in OT. Glad KK started though.
- Not a great night for Carey, I'm sure he'd want the 4th back. Excellent in OT/SO though.
- Nice to see Suzuki get a goal in a second straight game. Would be awesome if he could heat up again.
- Tatar needs to heat up too. Hopefully this is something to build on.
- Too bad we can't play Vancouver more often
Yeah, the OT strategies are still warped. But it's in the players heads now. Unfortunately.
KK reallllly needs a scoring winger. Manos de piedra, enough! 62 is a 4th liner. A good one. But the guy is just Réjean Houlesque. KK creates and dishes. He needs a scorer.

Reactions: Runner77

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
14 in 31 games
8 of 14 against Vancouver or Ottawa

ppl thinking this is a good team are insane
We could be good though.

Seriously our forwards aren't bad at all and we've got Price and Petry. Weber I believe is hurt, he's dropped off a fair bit this season. But after that it's pretty much a black hole on D. Romanov will be a good blueliner I'm sure but there's not enough back there. Petry and Edmumson have clicked so that's one pairing. Apart from that though, it's not good.

A strong blueliner on the left side who we could play with Weber would make so much of a difference. We badly need help there.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Because of the number of games every team is playing against its division rivals, it makes it hard to judge the quality of play in the long run. The Figs lost plenty lately, yet they blanked the Flames last night. Jets look so powerful, yet lost against the Oils last night. No one is running away with it and it's tough to have a winning streak.

It is the same in the East division.

With a third of the season or so left, I really can't judge anything in this division. Not one team is the clear cut winner.

Yesterday, Price sucked the bag. But in March, he had looked great. We'll see next game. It's funny that with the Rocket's goalie coach, he had looked great, and after his first practice with Burke, he's looked like the Waite-Price of old. It's just pure coincidence, I know. It's still ironic.
I think the guy has people trying to make subtle changes to his game, and it's not easy to make small changes to his game....too much thinking on his part at times.............
any goalie will tell you that 14-15 shots over 3 periods is not very much to do........hard to be in the game.
anyhow, if we are going to have any chance this year, unfortunately it always seem to lay at the feet of our goalies.

Reactions: HockeyJunkie87

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I think the guy has people trying to make subtle changes to his game, and it's not easy to make small changes to his game....too much thinking on his part at times.............
any goalie will tell you that 14-15 shots over 3 periods is not very much to do........hard to be in the game.
anyhow, if we are going to have any chance this year, unfortunately it always seem to lay at the feet of our goalies.
It wasn't a good game for Price but he showed up in OT. Take the W and move on.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Canucks of late have beaten Winnipeg, Edmonton, Ottawa twice and the mighty Leafs twice.....we took 3 out of a possible 4pts.....this wasn’t the Sabres

And while Van is our bitch, let us remind everybody that they had beaten the Figs twice, the Jets once, the Oils once, and the Hens twice in March. Because of their style of play, we mesh well with them.

So .... which one is the burner account??
:sarcasm:

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
Thats exactly how I felt as well, I feel like Price plays better when he's seeing action in net, as do many goaltenders.. Sometimes on particular nights when your not seeing much action , and than you get a laser beam out of nowhere its jarring.

Anyhow, he played great in overtime and the Habs get 2 points!! time to move on! :)

Reactions: Tyson and BLONG7

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
The 3rd goal although deflection that might go in regardless, Price looked awful on that one. I don’t even know what position or what he was trying to do there. He looked completely off balanced, I think that’s one he would like to have back.
Looked to me the shot was going high and was trying to stay on his feet then it got tipped down. Price stands up and pucks deflected down, Price blamed. Price goes down, pucks not deflected. Damnit Price why you always on your knees.

Pretty sure Boesers goal hit the shaft of the habs d man and went knucklepuck.

Reactions: Deebs

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I will take a win everytime especially one where the shots were 40-18.
Rarely do I question the Habs work ethic, they work as hard as any team.

I am just frustrated at this GM 9 years into his tenure, not surrounding a great goalie with a good enough team not to be a bubble team at best.

A great test next week against a team surging currently.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
They should have won this game easy.

10 million dollar sieve let in 4 goals on first 14 shots.

Probably biggest game of year at this point and the team was solid. Except Price.
Quite the reversal. For so long the opposite was true in Montreal.

Reactions: azcanuck

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Easy wins only happen vs Sabres.....ask the Leafs if Vancouver is an easy out

Not an easy win because of VAN, an easy win win because MTL had the puck, had more shots ! VAN was completely absent except during 2 minutes a the beginning of the 2nd and 3rd periods

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019

I am just frustrated at this GM 9 years into his tenure, not surrounding a great goalie with a good enough team not to be a bubble team at best.

The issue is that you don t build a team around a goalie ! Also Bergevin wanted to contend every year without the team to do so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad