Post-Game Talk: Habs los... wait what? They won in extra time!

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013

Cale Fleury reading this right now

daniel-cormier-finds-out.jpg

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I actually don't mind him and think he's been our 2nd best D-man this year.

I mind him, he's soft as butter when he should be crushing fools and he's a PMD.

He serves no real purpose on a team, typical place holder player.

Id also probably be the Habs second best D, its not really a feat. This defense is god-awful.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
I mind him, he's soft as butter when he should be crushing fools and he's a PMD.

He serves no real purpose on a team, typical place holder player.

Id also probably be the Habs second best D, its not really a feat. This defense is god-awful.

My statement is probably a better red flag of how bad our D-core is outside of Petry who is carrying us hard.
If Joel Edmundson is your 2nd best D, a guy who was traded to us for 3 Dairy Queen coupons, you are not going anywhere.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
OT is a big weakness, but nobody should be 1-9 in OT even if you are the worst team in the league. At some point, you have to think its going to even out a little bit more.

The PP is singing, and the PK is on the right track in my opinion.

The main issue right now is in the defensive zone. I think the habs make alot of unforced errors, and they don't deal with the pressure well either. I'm not singling out the dmen either. I'm talking about the defensive zone play of the 5 man unit.

That's the main thing to work on right now for the coaching staff.
Breakouts is the biggest issue imo...other then Petry and maybe Romanov when he's allowed or in the mood, they don't have a Dman who can skate the puck out and lead the rush when the passing options aren't there on the breakout.

It leads to turnovers or loss of possession too often.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
My statement is probably a better red flag of how bad our D-core is outside of Petry who is carrying us hard.
If Joel Edmundson is your 2nd best D, a guy who was traded to us for 3 Dairy Queen coupons, you are not going anywhere.
You do realize the Canucks didn’t even get 20 shots today, right?? Right?? Wrong game to post about the defence.

Reactions: mols47

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Game was a carbon copy of last one. Score first, lay an egg to start the second, come from behind to tie it.

We finally won in extra time. Wasn't OT, where we still remain the worst team to ever lace them up, but it was something.

Vintage game from 90 - 24- 11 tonight. We're gonna need them going if we're going to do anything.

Suzuki, besides his goal, looked lost defensively.

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
He was signed as a UFA

Reactions: mols47

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Price with a pretty bad start, played solid in the shootout. The way the Habs played tonight was encouraging. Played with pace. I like lehky and mete in the line up. Bring more speed and the flow blends together shift to shift with them in I believe. Tatar looked better tonight we need him going. Suzuki nice goal but other than that not the greatest. Didn’t think KK played good tonight. Weber was better than he has been. Gally was being Gally. Drouin I really like his play lately. He’s getting some bad luck. Seen him make that ot move 3 times now and he should have scored on all of them. His puck possession skills are amazing and a good passer. Keep working Drouin you are only 25 I believe he still has more.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think his defensive issues are over stated, at least at LD, look at our teams the last 4 years, yet he's a +27, in his first 3 seasons he is almost double the next highest blueliner in plus minus. It's a tough stat but a 3 year sample size shows that if he was so bad, no way he would be leading the team among D and 2nd overall on the team. 171 games with his limited offense and to be 2nd best plus minus on the team clearly says something imo.

Luke Richardson only has so much faith in him. At the beginning of the year, he talked about how they wouldn't have to worry about putting Romanov in certain situations that they would worry about putting Mete in, because of his lack of size. And then recently they've preferred Ouellet over him, even though he hasn't played much.

I would definitely to see a long stretch of Mete, and see if he can't gain the coaching staff's trust, as Perry did after sitting a long time.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad