Post-Game Talk: Habs loooooose in Nashville

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
No true. There is plenty MSL can do. They have ZERO structure in their own end, they give up a million two/three on ones, the PK sucks, etc.

A team with little talent can compete, they won’t win a majority of games but will be in them if they are defensively sound.

Said it when he was hired, MSL was to sell tickets, and is in way over his head.
The roster is simply outclassed. This is a borderline AHL team. Asking MSL to lose better is just ridiculous. If they want to be more competitive, they would have to bring other pieces in, which would mean trading draft picks and young assets because there is nothing else of any value in the system. That is not going to happen. Marty’s hands are pretty much tied. Some of you need to accept that we’re in for a painful next few years.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I agree, he looks like a ghost. Never said otherwise.

But that happened exactly when Monahan went down.
I know you didn't you just alluded to it being a causation for his struggles. While I think this is probably a variable, I think it's not the primary reason for his struggles

Reactions: ReHabs

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
1. Will take a lot longer to get out of this mess because of those contracts, and it’s keeping guys out of the lineup/where they could/should be. Why is Slafkovsky not playing more? Why is Ylonen still in the AHL? Why is RHP not getting NHL games? Those garbage vets.

It's only for 1 more year. Hoffman has 1 season left (even less if he gets traded) and Armia can be scratched just like he was today.

Vets aren't the reason Slaf isn't playing more. Marty had told the media before Slaf got his first promotion to the top 9, that the reason they were giving Slaf limited ice time was because they wanted him to improve certain parts of his game (I think about playing a more north-south game), and that promoting him too quickly by giving him more ice time and more skilled linemates could cause Slaf to revert to his old habits.

Marty has been using Armia and Dadonov more than Slaf in the games, but he has also been healthy scratching them often. So obviously Slaf's lack of ice time isn't about Marty loving his vets.

Reactions: ReHabs

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
I guess you don't want Bedard and development but points and vet empowerment
I want Bedard but intentionally losing and manifesting bad habits aren’t developing. I never said I didn’t want Bedard. Compete at the very least. Yeah you need vets to lead the team lol not sure what you’re trying to get at. Our vets are just terrible

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
They play with ZERO structure and that is on the coach. A team with little talent can’t play creative or free flowing. They are lost on their side of the red line and that is on MSL.

A good coach can teach an under skilled team to be defensively sound. This team is a mess in their own end
They play better when they play simple and back to basics. MSL should be able to do that now the 5 on 5 play and PK are almost as bad as the PP. Simple passes and slow it down. Gotta have vets and rookies Habs fans won't make it 4 years for a rebuild

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
The more I watch this team the less I worry about them not going .200 or less the rest of the way. It's man against boys no matter who they play.

On the bright side, that goal by Gallagher... that alone is worth at least a 1st rounder. And Anderson scored. Another 1st rounder. So what are we looking at now? 6 first round picks in this draft? Let's do it!

Man... thank god for the fast forward button. What a terrible team. Boring as shit.

Reactions: SB164 and MasterD

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Vets aren't the reason Slaf isn't playing more. Marty had told the media before Slaf got his first promotion to the top 9, that the reason they were giving Slaf limited ice time was because they wanted him to improve certain parts of his game (I think about playing a more north-south game), and that promoting him too quickly by giving him more ice time and more skilled linemates could cause Slaf to revert to his old habits.

Marty has been using Armia and Dadonov more than Slaf in the games, but he has also been healthy scratching them often. So obviously Slaf's lack of ice time isn't about Marty loving his vets.
Bud. you really believe this garbage? He'll learn to play better by not playing much?

I got a story to tell you about a Nigerian prince...

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
They play better when they play simple and back to basics. MSL should be able to do that now the 5 on 5 play and PK are almost as bad as the PP. Simple passes and slow it down. Gotta have vets and rookies Habs fans won't make it 4 years for a rebuild
Just like 1/2 the team, MSL is out of his league.

Reactions: Habby4Life

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Bud. you really believe this garbage? He'll learn to play better by not playing much?

So you rather believe your own narrative that is based on nothing rather than what the coach said and which can be proven by other decisions he made that I've already pointed out?

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
So you rather believe your own narrative that is based on nothing rather than what the coach said and which can be proven by other decisions he made that I've already pointed out?
I'll take other people's narraratives over my own anytime, but what the Habs' organisation's members tell the media has always been garbage. The only one that's been remotely honest so far is Hughes,

Reactions: The Real Timo

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016

Yeah and then if they play him more, HF Habs will say they are hanging him out to dry and ruining him. Shelter him, don’t shelter, they cannot win on here. Development will always be a problem according to HF. The armchair GMs always know best, especially when it comes to young players and their deployment.

Reactions: Walksss

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Yeah and then if they play him more, HF Habs will say they are hanging him out to dry and ruining him. Shelter him, don’t shelter, they cannot win on here. Development will always be a problem according to HF. The armchair GMs always know best, especially when it comes to young players and their deployment.
In fairness to the armchair GMs we've been right a lot more than the actual GMs. GMing is NOT hard, contrary to the common belief. All you need is a fairly recent version of a Playstation and a spreadsheet.

Last edited:

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
The roster is simply outclassed. This is a borderline AHL team. Asking MSL to lose better is just ridiculous. If they want to be more competitive, they would have to bring other pieces in, which would mean trading draft picks and young assets because there is nothing else of any value in the system. That is not going to happen. Marty’s hands are pretty much tied. Some of you need to accept that we’re in for a painful next few years.

Lose better, how about not look lost in their own end every game. Shit, they went from the DD mess to hiring a pee wee coach and it shows.

The MSL shine is gone. IMO, they have one of if not the weakest coaching staff in the league. A weak and young roster paired with a minor league coaching staff doesn’t work out well and we are seeing the results first hand. Im for the rebuild and expect the losses but I also expect development, adjustments and systems, not seeing much of or any of that. Great for the TANK!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hansman

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I can't blame MSL. There's almost zero talent on this team. It's worse than last year with petry and chariot out. We got defensive rookies playing almost 20 minutes every night. This team over performed at the start of the year.

I thought Monahan would've been back by now. Do we have 3 wins since he's been out?

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Sold my copy of NHL 23 today.
Had to make room in my schedule for the new sports sim thats coming out next week.

Tank Simulator 23 is ready for pre-order y'all. Get your copies. Cover athlete is Joël Armia.

Edit : these games really do exist LOL
Boy if I was good with photoshop...

View attachment 630091
I tought i saw Sheriff for one second

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
I gave up after the first period, when Monty was hung out to dry by poor play in front of him.

Eddy's over the glass basic clear under zero pressure and the PK D not leaning the net front guy out of the way?

Gally and Hoffman's combination of wank in the O zone swiftly followed by Barron needing to reduce the game speed setting (again), leading to the 2 on 1 second goal?

Barron seeming to face his bloody goal without knowing where his man or the puck were, screening his goalie and leading to a puck luck deflection into the net?

And that was just one period.

Giving kids experience in a written-off season is one thing, but the current shitshow runs the risk of defining the club culture. Take a stand and sit Gally and call up Ylonen or RHP - they really, really can't provide more of a net negative at this point. Also, find a dull, limited but basically reliable 3rd pairing vet D who can actually defend to help the kids - Eddy appears half the player he was before his injury and family issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad