Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Leafs - tonight at 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Sucking is being rough on him for no reason, sure, but there's zero reason why he should be in the lineup.

Molson, Bergevin, and Ducharme are pathetic.

Only reason are political reasons. Won't be the first time, won't be the last.

Same reason we traded Sergachev for Drouin, Cunnyworth didn't have a chance, we've always had a French coach, etc...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Bergevin has been a terrible GM and he deserves to be fired for many things. But if icing no frenchy creates an uproar that would lead him to be fired, I'd be extremely ashamed to be a Habs fan and a québécois.

This has been going on for a while, determines what players we acquire, who gets fired, who gets fired, etc...

The team is very overt about their policy to have a French coach. Being overt, or even covert, about a policy that the team must have at least one French player would be nothing new.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'm a quebecker and french and it's f***ing absurd the uproar about having no quebec player in our lineup.

Jesus f***ing christ imagine if people from Anaheim would bitch about not having a Floridian player in their team .. so f***ing dumb

Then you don’t know the history of Quebec and the history of the culture here. Namely the history of the team and what it represents.

I’d never advocate to get a Quebec born player just because he’s from Quebec. But it would certainly be sad if such a streak ended. It’s deeper than just a sports franchise.

Karma Police

Sep 28, 2017
Then you don’t know the history of Quebec and the history of the culture here. Namely the history of the team and what it represents.

I’d never advocate to get a Quebec born player just because he’s from Quebec. But it would certainly be sad if such a streak ended. It’s deeper than just a sports franchise.
I rather have a winning team and the pursuit of a winning tradition than sticking on political views of what our team reprensent to us.

I rather enjoy myself watching my childhood team winning than discussing the fact that we have quebeckers or not wearing the jersey.

Jul 6, 2016
Why not had kept the Lehkonen-Evans-CC line ?

in the absence of Danault, I was hoping DD would go with

Toffoli-Suzuki-Armia
Tatar-KK-Anderson
Lehkonen-Evans-CC
Frolik or Belzile-Staal-Perry

Reactions: Revansky

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I rather have a winning team and the pursuit of a winning tradition than sticking on political views of what our team reprensent to us.

I rather enjoy myself watching my childhood team winning than discussing the fact that we have quebeckers or not wearing the jersey.

I’d rather have that too. But again, they scratched Frolik, not Suzuki.

It’s more sad knowing what the team has become, just another team. It’s like a confirmation that there isn’t pride associated with them anymore, there is no grandeur.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
.... Who are you calling up instead?
(Poehling being apparently injured).
Weal has looked good for Laval. Or keep Frolik in the lineup. Harvey-Pinard would've been a better choice than Belzile if we wanted a Quebecois in the lineup. We know that Belzile won't do much. Maybe RHP could shock us.

Reactions: phillytennis

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
I'm a quebecker and french and it's f***ing absurd the uproar about having no quebec player in our lineup.

Jesus f***ing christ imagine if people from Anaheim would bitch about not having a Floridian player in their team .. so f***ing dumb

except anaheim is in California lol. But I get your point.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
It's ridiculous and part of the reason the team will never be as successful as it can be until these types of situations are non-existent

mols47

Mar 10, 2011
Belzile looked solid last year when he was with us. Can get in on the forecheck and is reliable defensively. No problem getting some fresh legs in there for Frolik who was meh.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

:huh:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

it is sad... and a further indictment on MB's utter incompetence and inability to see the big picture

Reactions: dinodebino
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad