Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Leafs - tonight at 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Can't play a game without a Quebecois in the lineup, so better play one who sucks!

:eyeroll:

He doesn't suck. But yes, interesting that he's playing ahead of Frolik so MB doesn't have to have to be known as the 1st GM in Habs history to ice a team without a Quebecer.

I was hoping he would and the uproar would lead to him being fired.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
He doesn't suck. But yes, interesting that he's playing ahead of Frolik so MB doesn't have to have to be known as the 1st GM in Habs history to ice a team without a Quebecer.

Sucking is being rough on him for no reason, sure, but there's zero reason why he should be in the lineup.

Molson, Bergevin, and Ducharme are pathetic.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I like that Belzile is in and the Quebec streak is still alive. He should also provide more energy than whatever it was Frolik was doing. But poor Caufield having to play with an ECHL centre.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Can't play a game without a Quebecois in the lineup, so better play one who sucks!

He’s taking out Frolik who provides nothing. At least Belzile can skate, provide energy and can produce in the AHL unlike Frolik.

I mean if they scratched Caufield for Belzile then you’d have a reason to complain. But Frolik? Come on man.

And yeah, it’s kind of important to some people that the streak stays alive.

Reactions: mols47

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I think Caufield with Perry and Staal might actually be decent. CC is wading into taking more icetime, so having him on the 4th at ES is fine. Perry can be the Thompson to his Suzuki. And while Staal is still not contributing much, I've noticed him more and I think that he is providing a heavier game than when he started.

Everyone think positive for KK, he needs his confidence back.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
So just for fun, since the first ten games, where the Habs went 7-1-2, they've been 17-19-7. While the Sens started 1-8-1 and have been 20-21-4 since.

Obviously all games count, but it's pretty telling.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Sucking is being rough on him for no reason, sure, but there's zero reason why he should be in the lineup.

Molson, Bergevin, and Ducharme are pathetic.
I tend to agree in geneal, but unwarranted with respect to Belzile per se. Frolik is arguably worse than Belzile and certainly looked worse in his two games in Laval this year.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006

Bergevin has been a terrible GM and he deserves to be fired for many things. But if icing no frenchy creates an uproar that would lead him to be fired, I'd be extremely ashamed to be a Habs fan and a québécois.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
He’s taking out Frolik who provides nothing. At least Belzile can skate, provide energy and can produce in the AHL unlike Frolik.

I mean if they scratched Caufield for Belzile then you’d have a reason to complain. But Frolik? Come on man.

And yeah, it’s kind of important to some people that the streak stays alive.

Yeah. By the way, to add to my previous comment, personnally I don't care about the streak (but I respect those who do). It might be important to some, but things changes. We also had Cunneyworth as the first unilingual coach a few years back. What bothers me is that this is a legimate change to the lineup and when it comes to francophone speaking players, there's always gotta be some comment about how unfair and biased the whole thing is.

Maybe they thought yeah let's keep the streak going, but maybe they also thought that the change would make sense. I don't know why they made that decision, but I think it's a bit unfair to automatically assume it's because of the streak. Personally, I think the change make sense hockey wise. But I may also be wrong. OP knows has much as I do, which is he doesn't know.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Of course. That’s been par for the course for quite some time now

....C'mon. Belize sortof deserves it (especially with Poheling injured) and Frolik is ... like, vanilla-flavored vanilla.

I mean, if it wasn't Belzile, it would be Jordan Weal.

Reactions: dinodebino

Karma Police

Sep 28, 2017
I'm a quebecker and french and it's f***ing absurd the uproar about having no quebec player in our lineup.

Jesus f***ing christ imagine if people from Anaheim would bitch about not having a Floridian player in their team .. so f***ing dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad