GDT: Habs @ Leafs (or Rocket @ Marlies) 7:30PM ET on RDS & TSN 2 & 4 (Both Teams' Lines Posted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Taormina is injured. I also don't think Lindgren will play much. He got the full game last Thursday. Price got the full game Saturday. My guess is it will be Niemi playing the full game tomorrow. As for the rest you named, I suspect they will play. Although I wouldn't lug Hudon's name in that group. We're not sure exactly which line in Montreal he fits, but he's an NHL'er.

Hudon is in a battle for a roster spot imo. I'm not a fan of his game, I think his ceiling is low.

Reactions: cphabs

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Hudon is in a battle for a roster spot imo. I'm not a fan of his game, I think his ceiling is low.

He's not the greatest skater, and he may eventually get passed by younger talent, but I don't think the Habs will risk waiving him. And in fact, he has had a good camp too.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Nah, last season and during his Buffalo days he'd shine in tertiary roles but whenever they'd increase his role for the time being he'd just kind of leave you wanting more. I don't mind giving the experiment another try at some point though, not like we have anything to lose.

I agree. Like I said he is probably more of a 3rd liner, but for now we shouldn't throw him under the bus over 2 pre season games, when vets are usually taking it easy and getting into the rhythm of the game.

It also depends who makes the team. If JK is on the team he is bumped down to the 3rd line, but if not I think he still starts with Domi and Drouin.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Most even strength goals since 2011-12

Alex Ovechkin - 175
John Tavares - 153
Max Pacioretty - 152
Patrick Kane - 152
Brad Marchand - 152
Tyler Seguin - 152

So you'd take all those players over the 2nd most even strength prolific goal scorer in the league for the past 7 years? lol okay.

PS. Enjoy the game, hope its a great one with no injuries. :thumbu:
Yes I would. You will notice that many of thre players i took were have not been in the nhl 7 years ago.

You mean Tavares out scored Matthews , Scheiflie, MaDavid, and Pasternac over the last 7 years. Ya dont say.

Kane broke 100 points and won a Hart trophy. Tavares ever do either? Nope , nor will he.

Its a matter of preference anyways. They are all all stars. I know Babcock had JT on the fourth line last Team Canada he played for. So there are more then a few guys Mike ranks higher than him too.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
He has 34 points in less than one full NHL season in fairly limited minutes..

Who has more potential? De La Rose? McCarron? Deslauriers?

Hudon is basically a lock.

In my opinion on a fourth line I'd rather have those 3 guys you mentioned. I just don't see Hudon's production rising a lot more, His shot is weak and his skating is meh. I have Drouin, Armia, Gallagher, Tatar, Lehkonen, Byron, Scherbak, DLR, DLO as wingers I'd rather construct my team with. And if Kotkaniemi makes the team id also have Domi on the wing.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He has 34 points in less than one full NHL season in fairly limited minutes..

Who has more potential? De La Rose? McCarron? Deslauriers?

Hudon is basically a lock.
I mean he will still be on the 3rd/4th line.

Drouin-Domi-Lehkonen
Tatar-Danault-Gally
Byron/Hudon-Plekanec-Armia
Hudon/Byron-Peca-Scherbak

Last edited:
Reactions: Belial

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Hudon has a spot. The big thing with him is if he can develop NHL finish. He is alot like Oleg petrov in the sense that he produces alot of chances, but the finish is not often enough.

Reactions: Runner77

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Yes I would. You will notice that many of thre players i took were have not been in the nhl 7 years ago.

You mean Tavares out scored Matthews , Scheiflie, MaDavid, and Pasternac over the last 7 years. Ya dont say.

Kane broke 100 points and won a Hart trophy. Tavares ever do either? Nope , nor will he.

Its a matter of preference anyways. They are all all stars. I know Babcock had JT on the fourth line last Team Canada he played for. So there are more then a few guys Mike ranks higher than him too.
Will be an interesting season for him. The guy has dragged the isles on his coattails for years and I feel he gets underrated because his stats are not as high as they'd be had he been on a stacked team. What have Okposo, Moulson and Parenteau done after they left NY? I'm predicting a 100 point season for JT now that he's not the only player on the team.

Reactions: cphabs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

How is that possible, on such a shallow roster? A returning player like Hudon has the edge, they won't judge him based on a handful of meaningless pre-season games IMHO.

Reactions: Tyson

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Will be an interesting season for him. The guy has dragged the isles on his coattails for years and I feel he gets underrated because his stats are not as high as they'd be had he been on a stacked team. What have Okposo, Moulson and Parenteau done after they left NY? I'm predicting a 100 point season for JT now that he's not the only player on the team.
He is going to destroy IMO

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
How is that possible, on such a shallow roster? A returning player like Hudon has the edge, they won't judge him based on a handful of meaningless pre-season games IMHO.

Well I don't believe the wing position is that shallow. I think right now I'd have it like:

Drouin-Domi-Armia
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Peca-Byron
Scherbak-Plekanec-DLR
Deslaurier/McCarron

I think I have enough skilled wingers where I need a gritty dimension as my 12th forward. If Kotkaniemi makes the team that moves Domi to the wing and there's even less room.

member 300185

Welcome to the John Tavares Show ... where Tavares is the greatest player of all time and #2 is his partner in crime Matthews .

Some of the things you can hear if you listen to TSN or Sportsnet for this one :)

also Kind of hilarious Nylander still is not signed . Cap Problems are around the corner for this very young team lol
Where does it say anywhere that JT is the greatest player of all time? Nowhere.

According to Habs fans, Marc Bergevin is the greatest GM of all time. See, anyone can do it.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Well I don't believe the wing position is that shallow. I think right now I'd have it like:

Drouin-Domi-Armia
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Peca-Byron
Scherbak-Plekanec-DLR
Deslaurier/McCarron

I think I have enough skilled wingers where I need a gritty dimension as my 12th forward. If Kotkaniemi makes the team that moves Domi to the wing and there's even less room.
You don't think Hudon is equipped for a 4th line, but Scherbak is? I like Scherbak quite a bit, but Hudon is a much better two way player and has already proved he can hang at the NHL level. DLR alos isn't that good.

I'm also fairly certain Kotkaniemi will make this team out of camp. It just seems like they are pushing for it. Peca would be the odd man out.

And McCarron should never be on an NHL roster. Spare part or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad