GDT: Habs @ Leafs (or Rocket @ Marlies) 7:30PM ET on RDS & TSN 2 & 4 (Both Teams' Lines Posted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Just one more than Pacioretty :naughty:

Yea well hey Pacioretty is a fantastic hockey player, its still a real mystery as to why they felt so obliged to move him, same goes for Subban, McDonagh, Sergachev and more. Very bizarre, at least for me.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yea well hey Pacioretty is a fantastic hockey player, its still a real mystery as to why they felt so obliged to move him, same goes for Subban, McDonagh, Sergachev and more. Very bizarre, at least for me.
He sure as heck wasn't fantastic last year. All those other guys I agree, but the difference between 1 year of Pacioretty and 3 years of Tatar is definitely not Suzuki+2nd.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
They moved Pacioretty because he wanted an 8 year deal from Montreal so you trade him or you lose him for nothing those were your options.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Suzuki-Kotkaniemi-Lehkonen
Hudon-Peca-Scherbak
Chaput-DLR-Armia

Should've been the lines. I wanted Armia in the top 6 to work in some form of capacity but he hasn't really shown anything.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
do hits even matter in the NHL anymore? honest q.

Yes. They can wear down a teams D over a 60 min game. When your group of forwards are consistent and finish their checks, the other teams players start to make mistakes in tight spaces cause they know a hit is coming. However, our Habs group of players are not feared in the physicality department. We did get a bit faster this year which is nice but teams will play us with confidence cause they know they can win the war against us. Especially in a playoff series over a best of 7. It's been a problem of mine for years!

NHL

Sep 1, 2014
Armia sucks and is dragging Kotkaniemi down
well-that-escalated-quickly2.jpg

url

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Armia is probably 3rd line material but lets not judge a vet off 2 pre season games.
Nah, last season and during his Buffalo days he'd shine in tertiary roles but whenever they'd increase his role for the time being he'd just kind of leave you wanting more. I don't mind giving the experiment another try at some point though, not like we have anything to lose.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Pacioretty is absolutely NOT a fantastic hockey player. Have you been reading these boards and watching games for the past couple years? He’s a goal scoring, complimentary winger at best. Please don’t use words like fantastic when describing that lazy ass.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
He sure as heck wasn't fantastic last year. All those other guys I agree, but the difference between 1 year of Pacioretty and 3 years of Tatar is definitely not Suzuki+2nd.
Wow you guys really over value pacioretty. Seriously. So happy with the return and most of all happy he’s gone. I know it’s preseason, but the hockey style being played has been a lot more exciting than watching pacioretty play. It was like watching someone play table hockey! Skate north and south, shoot from far away!

Reactions: Redux91

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Here is to hoping our young D men play well. Guys like Benn, Schlemko and Alzner cannot assume they are locks.

I personally see Benn traded or waived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad