To be bold, I’d go with

Drouin-Suzuki-Gallagher (~18 min)
Toffoli-KK-Anderson (~16 min)
Tatar-Evans-Perry (~15 min)
Lehkonen-Danault-Armia (~11 min)

Romanov-Petry (~24 min)
Mete-Weber (~20 min)
Chiarot-Edmundson (~16 min)

This just goes to show just how many possibilities there are to turn things around that haven't even been attempted.

Reactions: HabsTown

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
To be bold, I’d go with

Romanov-Petry (~24 min)
Mete-Weber (~20 min)

Chairot - Mr. Ed would get absolutely destroyed by any team that can move the puck...honestly, the only real "safe" place to put Edmundson is with Petry, unless we make a trade for another PMD...

Reactions: Sagikev

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
To be bold, I’d go with

Romanov-Petry (~24 min)
Mete-Weber (~20 min)

This just goes to show just how many possibilities there are to turn things around that haven't even been attempted.

And fix the damn PP, roster wise & strategy wise.

PP1 (umbrella)

JD​

KK
Weber​

Gally

Suzuki Net​

PP2 (Iso scheme)

Romanov​

Tatar

Petry​
Toffoli

Andersen
Perry
Net​

Last edited:

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Chairot - Mr. Ed would get absolutely destroyed by any team that can move the puck...honestly, the only real "safe" place to put Edmundson is with Petry, unless we make a trade for another PMD...

Not if you match properly. Send them when my 4th line is on the ice (from my lineup). Good speed & good forecheckers. They’ll spend more time cycling the puck in the O-zone & all 3 can support the D-pair as they are all good in board battles.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Not if you match properly. Send them when my 4th line is on the ice (from my lineup). Good speed & good forecheckers. They’ll spend more time cycling the puck in the O-zone & all 3 can support the D-pair as they are all good in board battles.

That's if you can...remember, on the road the opposition get last change...it's risky, is all I'm saying, cuz Mr. Ed has zero speed/terrible footwork and Chairot seems to think he's Victor Hedman out there when he's closer to Max Headroom...

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I assume the lines won’t really change the first game and everyone will freak out.
I half expect this too lol... But there's got to be SOME KIND of even small change your have to think..

But new lines and shit can be done later that's fine

What needs to change NOW is things like NOT double shifting Danault late in games down a goal, if I see THIS changed, I'll know Ducharm is somewhat on the right path honestly

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I assume the lines won’t really change the first game and everyone will freak out.

Kinda what I came here to say. I don't expect, with only a morning skate with Ducharme, that there will be a huge difference in the lineup or general style for tonight's game. They should have more jump and commitment though.

I actually don't mind the 5-on-5 lineup, just the ice-time distribution. Seemed like CJ would just keep rolling them the same way no matter what happened in the game. He would never reward lines that were having a good game, or shorten the bench when he should.

Reactions: Yoor and Redux91

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I think most people understand that Ducharme will need time to implement his system.

Where he can immediately have an influence is how he deploys certain players in certain situations -- he won't be a Claude clone, I think we can all count on that. Let's give the guy a chance.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I half expect this too lol... But there's got to be SOME KIND of even small change your have to think..

But new lines and shit can be done later that's fine

What needs to change NOW is things like NOT double shifting Danault late in games down a goal, if I see THIS changed, I'll know Ducharm is somewhat on the right path honestly

Ducharme has a huge edge over the several coaches that have graduated from AHL affiliates and have gone on to do well with other teams. He's had three years at the NHL as an assistant coach, so he knows exactly how to prepare. He's also won big in his prior opportunities.

I'm expecting a smoother transition than if he had just arrived from the AHL. We're going to be just fine and enjoying a whole other coaching experience.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I would try:

Toffoli-Suzuki-Anderson
Drouin-KK-Gallagher
Tatar-Danault-Perry
Lehkonen-Evans-Armia

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
After yesterday's loss I told myself I wasn't watching another Habs game until Claude was gone so thankfully now I don't have to find out how full of shit I was on that promise
A Hab fan who can face the truth. You know you're rarer than an orange polka-dotted unicorn or a good steak in Trois-Rivieres.

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
This feels like coming out for fresh air in early spring

Yes it does. You know that feeling? After a long sleep, you wake up, stretch, open the curtains to take in that morning sun? Then you open the window to get some of that spring air in and take it all in...

Drouin is our best forward

... only to smell the manure and fertilizer composting and blowing through your window...

Reactions: Death

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
I think most people understand that Ducharme will need time to implement his system.

Where he can immediately have an influence is how he deploys certain players in certain situations -- he won't be a Claude clone, I think we can all count on that. Let's give the guy a chance.

I agree, but part of me wonders exactly how much Ducharme had in our style of play early on in the season where we nearly closed a business outright due to chicken wings.

Seriously though, the run and gun was apparently a Ducharme thing Clod scaled back for defensive reasons. They might not have to learn as much as people might think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad