Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Jets Tomorrow: The Ducharme Interim Era Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
...Yeah, it's like, if you think Danault played bad yesterday, you're just bragging about being clueless about this sport called hockey.

Or think Danault is otherwise the second coming of Joe Sakic, in which case, circle back to the point above.

Reactions: Natey

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
Drouin is our best forward, he's been making great plays all season and has elite stickhandling, passing and skating skills. Slotting him in at center will free up a spot for Lekhonen.
Danault has been a black hole of disaster since the first puck drop this season and needs to heal whatever ailment is slowing him down.
Lol Come again?

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Thanks to @WeThreeKings , I read a piece where it says that Ducharme would be the type to put KK, as an example, on the wing, for an important faceoff if he would have problems that night, without cutting his ice time at all. He coached situational hockey in juniors, like a lot, if I'm to believe the article.

He's apparently very involved during the game. Lines won't stay the same if need be.

That's what I expect tomorrow. Not a lot of changes in the system, in fact, none. No time to practice. But I expect changes in the lines throughout the game. SAme for defensive pairings.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thanks to @WeThreeKings , I read a piece where it says that Ducharme would be the type to put KK, as an example, on the wing, for an important faceoff if he would have problems that night, without cutting his ice time at all. He coached situational hockey in juniors, like a lot, if I'm to believe the article.

He's apparently very involved during the game. Lines won't stay the same if need be.

That's what I expect tomorrow. Not a lot of changes in the system, in fact, none. No time to practice. But I expect changes in the lines throughout the game. SAme for defensive pairings.

Do you have the piece handy? I saw W3K link it but there was so much posting going on at the time, that I lost track of it.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Ducharme allows his forwards some leeway in creativity, though he does a lot of in-game tweaking. The article mentions player matching which makes sense. He puts players out based on situation.

It sounds haphazard, and yeah, we may see some wackiness like KK or Suzuki playing wing. However, we can still expect to see set lines game after game, but you can expect the blender to turn on depending on situations. Thing is, he’s smart about it. He won’t put a line of Drouin-Suzuki-Toffoli to go shut guys down, and I don’t expect to see Danault and Armia on in situations where the team is pressing for offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad