Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Jets Tomorrow: The Ducharme Interim Era Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Curious to see how the team comes out tonight. They certainly dogged it at times against the Sens.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
WONDERING:

I wonder if Ducharme will want Bergevin to trade for Ehlers, ducharme LOVED him and he is a gem

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
What I would like to see:

Byron/Mete/Lehkonen
Danault/Armia/Suzuki
Weber/Kulak/romanov
Petry/Chiarot/Edm

Tatar/Gallagher
Perry/Evans
Drouin/KK

This should be enough to change the lineup

Reactions: McTusk

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Kk has been quite bad, very similar what he performed in Finland this season.
Suzy looks tired to me. Anderson and Drouin does not fit him well. He is doing all the dirty work.
Suzuki has been mostly invisible the last few games, but KK has been alright in limited minutes. They're still young so I'm not worried about them. They show flashes, consistency will come with time.

Reactions: Miller Time

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli
Lehkonen - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Evans - Armia
Perry

Romanov - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Mete
Kulak

Search your heart, you know it to be true
like everything except Mete...

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Kk has been quite bad, very similar what he performed in Finland this season.
Suzy looks tired to me. Anderson and Drouin does not fit him well. He is doing all the dirty work.
Danault has been weak this season.

Suzuki is not tired at all. As for KK, I ask you this : in the bubble, when Kirk gave him the 2nd line reigns, he was very solid. Why has he looked weaker as this season is getting along (in your opinion, while still producing more than 24)? I have my theory, but I want to hear yours.

And it's funny you say 14 looks tired. Why would he be? Being the top point producer at centre and scoring a hell of a beautiful goal the other game, why would he be?

We'll see with a new coach. But I have my own idea and it's got more to do with sour vets than with the kids.

And I just hope DD goes all out in this season, not worry about the cliques and the natural hierachy. Because if he doesn't and he caters to those vets, this team will fail miserably.

Vérité de la palice au hockey pro : les vétérans se tiennent ensemble TOUT LE TEMPS, au détriment des jeunes. Pourquoi? Temps de glace et hiérarchie. Nothing new here. It's always been the case. Always. That is why the new guys are producing : because they're not part of this circus.

Il y a une odeur de pourriture dans ce vestiaire.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Suspect we'll see some jump/bite in our game tonight as the team rides the emotional high of the change and players young and old have the extra motivation of "impressing the new boss"...

in particular, i'd bet that guys like Byron, Armia and Danault have a strong game (perhaps Drouin too as the familiarity of his old boss, when he was a dominant force, rekindles some of that confidence that has been beat down by his uneven pro career).

Will be a fun game to watch either way... change always carries some unexpected elements.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Checked the schedule,the Leafs play in Edmonton Saturday at 7 pm Montreal time which is odd and that Edmonton would/should be the late game,don't get it.

The entire country needs to see McJesus and Matthews, and be blessed by their greatness, stop pretending it isn't important to Canada as a nation and pay homage to them both.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Checked the schedule,the Leafs play in Edmonton Saturday at 7 pm Montreal time which is odd and that Edmonton would/should be the late game,don't get it.
CBC sports net needs 1 a 7 Pm and 1 at 10 Pm and Leafs get 7 PM as always

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
Danault has been weak this season.

Suzuki is not tired at all. As for KK, I ask you this : in the bubble, when Kirk gave him the 2nd line reigns, he was very solid. Why has he looked weaker as this season is getting along (in your opinion, while still producing more than 24)? I have my theory, but I want to hear yours.

And it's funny you say 14 looks tired. Why would he be? Being the top point producer at centre and scoring a hell of a beautiful goal the other game, why would he be?

We'll see with a new coach. But I have my own idea and it's got more to do with sour vets than with the kids.

And I just hope DD goes all out in this season, not worry about the cliques and the natural hierachy. Because if he doesn't and he caters to those vets, this team will fail miserably.

Vérité de la palice au hockey pro : les vétérans se tiennent ensemble TOUT LE TEMPS, au détriment des jeunes. Pourquoi? Temps de glace et hiérarchie. Nothing new here. It's always been the case. Always. That is why the new guys are producing : because they're not part of this circus.

Il y a une odeur de pourriture dans ce vestiaire.

Jesperi was good in the bubble but he scored 4 goals on 11 shots with no assists. He hasn't been much different this year, he's just scoring on 6% of his shots instead of 40%. He's a good player and he's played well. People either want him to be great or awful on here.

He played more in the games Kirk coached but he had 2 goals in the 5 games with Julien and 2 goals in the 5 with Kirk. Same number of shots too.

I'm really not sure he's played worse this season than he did in the bubble. He still needs to shoot more, he can't rely on shooting 40% or something crazy. He has a good shot. He has 1 shot in his last 3 games (it was a goal). He's learning and developing. I don't think he'll ever be a 90 point guy (like Barkov) as some people hoped but him being a big, strong, 2-way presence down the middle seems very attainable and it would be awesome.

The ice time debate, I'm in favour of playing him more. I also get coaches do this shit and feel obligated to make young guys "earn it" more than vets. I'm mostly just sick of watching Danault suck up so much ice time, he's useful in the right spot but when we're trailing by a goal sometimes it feels like he's triple shifting and it's nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->