Friedman: Habs interested in Alex Wennberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Is Wennberg good for a 3rd line/2nd line backup option? Could he replace Danault there?

I'd love to roll Suzuki/KK/Wennberg and trade Danault + ?? for a better LW than we currently have. Or LD.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Didnt they deal out Domi with one of the reasons being they didnt have a center spot for him with Suzuki, KK, danault taking up top 3 spots with Poehling and a couple others as 4C options? Unless the habs lacking in wingers dont see why they want wennerberg.

Reactions: Canadienna

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
He would bring some needed size on the 4th line
I'd rather run with Evans or Poehling on the fourth line.

Personally, I don't see a fit with Wennberg. He's not a goal scorer. He's a center. Maybe they kick tires to gauge interest in event they have a deal in works for Danault.

Reactions: NewDef

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

I mean Wennberg seems a little odd, might be to move Danault, or maybe they don't trust Evans. Simmonds we're interested because he's obviously better than our current bottom-line RWingers. Anderson was also an upgrade.

Who else are we after? The big fish (Pietrangelo, Hoffman, Hall) are also better than most or any player on our roster, so would not surprise me if we had an interest (but would surprise me if we landed them).

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Insert but why gif

but-why.gif

actuallynotPJStock

Feb 28, 2014
Hypothetically, if Wennberg was to sign with Montreal, does that make Danault expendable? Not saying he’s better than Danault, but it may be a good time to sell high on him.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Didnt they deal out Domi with one of the reasons being they didnt have a center spot for him with Suzuki, KK, danault taking up top 3 spots with Poehling and a couple others as 4C options? Unless the habs lacking in wingers dont see why they want wennerberg.
Could be because maybe they don't like the terms of danault a new contract and might be willing to trade him to grab a left winger.

Reactions: hamzarocks

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Is Wennberg good for a 3rd line/2nd line backup option? Could he replace Danault there?

I'd love to roll Suzuki/KK/Wennberg and trade Danault + ?? for a better LW than we currently have. Or LD.
Danault for Rakell, maybe +

sign Wenneberg at 3c

IM SURE Wenneberg will bounce back, he doesn't fit with torts

Reactions: abo9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad