Friedman: Habs interested in Alex Wennberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Then Tuch is 3rd line RW? At some point, Montreal will need to move out salary...

Really interesting FA day. Possibly franchise altering.

LVK are cutting salaries and wouldn’t be interested in swapping similar (new deal) salaried players.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I dont know why people are assuming KK and Suzuki will play as C in the top 3 lines. Coach and GM want the play offs so Julien will play the guys where he thinks will give us the best chance to win, and the hell with development. Wennberg is defensively sound so he could provide insulation for the young guys if needed. I mean, we have 3 of our current centres with just 1 and 2 years of some NHL experience.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Exactly.

Vegas wants Pietro. Let's see if they get him first.

MB is nuts to be interested in Wennberg, resulting in trading the far superior Danault. I love to have Danault on the AVs, but after paying Anderson to that huge deal no excuse they can’t afford his demands.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Avs will take Danault off your hands for Timmins.

Why would we take on an injury liability like Timmins? Our rhd side is covered with Fleury and Juulsen battling for the final spot. Romanov may also play right side.

Timmins is the last thing we need. Danault won’t be traded for damaged goods and for a dman we don’t need.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
True. Maybe Danault to Vegas for Tuch since Stastny is gone and Montreal drafted the younger Tuch?
Habs can’t trade Danault. That would idiotic relying in two kids (Suzuki and KK) in a pressure packed environment.

I don’t see interest in Wennberg unless it is for left wing.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Habs can’t trade Danault. That would idiotic relying in two kids (Suzuki and KK) in a pressure packed environment.

I don’t see interest in Wennberg unless it is for left wing.

You're finally correct, AVs keep Timmins and offer a healthy upgrade Jost for Danault

:laugh:

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
I dont know why people are assuming KK and Suzuki will play as C in the top 3 lines. Coach and GM want the play offs so Julien will play the guys where he thinks will give us the best chance to win, and the hell with development. Wennberg is defensively sound so he could provide insulation for the young guys if needed. I mean, we have 3 of our current centres with just 1 and 2 years of some NHL experience.
How can Wenneberg be defensively sound when he is afraid to go in the corners. According to Jackets fans he plays like a 5 ft 3 inch player since the Wilson cheapshot.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
How can Wenneberg be defensively sound when he is afraid to go in the corners. According to Jackets fans he plays like a 5 ft 3 inch player since the Wilson cheapshot.

From my understanding, he is a very good defensive player. He is paid for his offense which seemed to have disappeared after signing the big extension. CBJ expected a 1C/2C role, but likely more suited to 3C. Not sure why the Habs would have any interest with Danault. I expected him to join the AVs with a need for defensive 3C.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

He's a Swede who doesnt score much, so just figured. Wrong I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad