Friedman: Habs interested in Alex Wennberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Didnt they deal out Domi with one of the reasons being they didnt have a center spot for him with Suzuki, KK, danault taking up top 3 spots with Poehling and a couple others as 4C options? Unless the habs lacking in wingers dont see why they want wennerberg.

Well Domi on the 4th was not a great use of resources with holes around the lineup. He was also a little mad about it. Wennberg is probably an upgrade on the 4th over Evan/Poehling short-term. It also lets Poehling some needed time to develop in the AHL. (depends on contract lenght).

Danault seems disgruntled with the prospect of playing 3rd line, so maybe they're trying to cover their ass if Danault becomes Domi 2.0.

I don't think they're trying to fish him for 1st line duties, more like a bottom line policy insurance would be my hope.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
If Wennberg's smart, sign a one or two year deal with Detroit.

Team isn't doing shit during that time, but he'll have all the opportunity in the world to prove he's a Top 6 center again.

Reactions: EquabaleAce

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Danault for Rakell, maybe +

sign Wenneberg at 3c

IM SURE Wenneberg will bounce back, he doesn't fit with torts

The only thing is I'd like it only if Wennberg is solid defensively, not if he's a unidimensional offense first player with some troubles in his game. Add Simmonds and Wennberg on the third and seems like they could complement each other well.

Lots of IF's but. alot more realistic than people who hoped to sign Hall/Pietrangelo as the new fundation for the team

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Friedman is smoking up!

We got rid of Domi because we had no room for him and now we will sign Wennberg? Play him where? On the 4th as a winger?

Come on now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad