Friedman: Habs interested in Alex Wennberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Assuming Josh Anderson ever recovers. Also, Anderson has another year on his deal
He's already recovered... His trainer, himself, and the Habs have said that. I'm sure they know more about his condition than you do. As if another deal makes up for the significant difference in player quality.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If there is a team that would be willing to put Wennberg right back in the position he was just bought out from, it's Montreal. I would be terrified if I was Montreal fans.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Play on the third have our 4th line be
Lehk-Evans/free agent-byron
Nope.

Our center line is as follows:

Suzuki
Danault
Kotka
Evans

No room for Wennberg. Unless he wants to play 4th line C at which point we wouldn't pay more than 1-1.5 mill which wennberg won't have interest in.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Nope.

Suzuki
Danault
Kotka
Evans

No room for Wennberg. Unless he wants to play 4th line C at which point we wouldn't pay more than 1-1.5 mill which wennberg won't have interest in.
Wennberg is in no way a 4th line player. He's a PP guy.

Only way he's in is if Danault is out.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Nope.

Suzuki
Danault
Kotka
Evans

He plays Lw as well. Having an extra centre who is comfortable playing wing is a huge asset in case of injuries.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
True. Maybe Danault to Vegas for Tuch since Stastny is gone and Montreal drafted the younger Tuch?
Then Tuch is 3rd line RW? At some point, Montreal will need to move out salary...

Really interesting FA day. Possibly franchise altering.

Reactions: CapSpace

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Nope.

Suzuki
Danault
Kotka
Evans

You really think we'd shed a tear for Evans if we could sing Wennberg cheaply to play as a #4C? Especially since Evans is waiver exempt.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
You really think we'd shed a tear for Evans if we could sing Wennberg cheaply to play as a #4C?
He wouldn't sign cheaply though. 3 million minimum.

Won't happen.

Also what message does that bring to our prospects? We will sign you and give you the illusion of an opportunity and replace as soon as something decent becomes available?

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

Won't happen.

Also what message does that bring to our prospects? We will sign you and give you the illusion of an opportunity and replace as soon as something decent becomes available?
I see him as a 3rd line C that can be efficient on your PP.

No other C prospects really coming up to be fair.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If there is a team that would be willing to put Wennberg right back in the position he was just bought out from, it's Montreal. I would be terrified if I was Montreal fans.
Worry about your own team that signed Jack Johsnon and gave up a good asset for a 5 million dollar #6 dman.

Reactions: CapSpace

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland

We'll see.

It's a business. Evans, as much as I like him, is a fringe prospect. When you are in position to sign a player cheaply who's better, has an interesting pedigree and track record and is at the same age, I don't see why you shouldn't do it.

Last edited:

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
Lehkonen is a better option at LW on the 3rd line, si if we sign him i hope it's for under 1M 1 year to play 4th line at max.

I would hope we target a Lw that's a bit better. Gotta give kk an offensive linemate to Play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad