Habs in on Robidas

• Thread starter bigtimehockeyfan999*
  • Start date

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
No. Plain and simple. Do not need him at all.

What we need is Markov to play less minutes so Emelin doesn't have to play LD and RD in the defensive end mid way through the game.

But of course everyone misses the small things on the board and rather say x player is better.

Robidas is not needed on the squad at all.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
I don't want to spend any valuable asset for Robidas as he would only marginally improve the team and the Stars won't deal him for Kaberle or Weber as he is their #1 D. Some teams (eg. Ottawa) need him more than we do and will probably be willing to offer much more than us for him.

I really don't see a fit. I think the Habs name just pop up every time a quebecer is deemed to be available. Bonus points if he already played for us.

PricePkPatch*

lol. we're holding teams to under 25 shots a game, and maybe 4-5 decent chances to score.

leave the team as is...or trade some spare parts for drafts picks.

Depth in the D certainly isn't a bad thing, especially if we add on the top of our depth chart instead of under.

Plus, the more we reduce the number of available Ds in the league, the higher price for Ds will get if we decide to sell Kaberle or Weber.

Markov-Robidas
Gorges-Diaz
Emelin-Subban

That's starting to be a mean D. Weak point would be Diaz, but he handled himself better than expected so far.

Plus, I believe Robidas is an experienced and rather leading veteran, is he not? We potentially would have a better shot at contention.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Depth in the D certainly isn't a bad thing, especially if we add on the top of our depth chart instead of under.

Plus, the more we reduce the number of available Ds in the league, the higher price for Ds will get if we decide to sell Kaberle or Weber.

Markov-Robidas
Gorges-Diaz
Emelin-Subban

That's starting to be a mean D. Weak point would be Diaz, but he handled himself better than expected so far.

Plus, I believe Robidas is an experienced and rather leading veteran, is he not? We potentially would have a better shot at contention.

Diaz with 12pts and a +6 rating, as been good offensively and especially defensively.

PricePkPatch*

Diaz with 12pts and a +6 rating, as been good offensively and especially defensively.

He hasn't been bad, I just feel he has been the weak point on our D so far. The fact that it doesn't saying just show how we'll rounded our D is at the moment. Sucks to take out Cube, but with Robidoux in, there just ain't any room left for him unless injuries strike.

Wed have one of the most well rounded D Corps in the NHL if we added Robidoux.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
We will be in the market for dmen if injuries hit.

Bergevin may simply be inquiring what things would cost ahead of time, so that if accouple injuries happen he can pull the trigger rapidly.

The Right Price

May 9, 2010
I'll pass on Robidas. We don't need him and his contract is not horrible... but he ain't a rental.

I'd target someone from FLA instead, like Versteeg.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Why oh why does this clown post rumors like this? At least make something up that makes sense. A team that already has Kaberle and Weber sitting is going to trade for another d-man? Come on.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
He hasn't been bad, I just feel he has been the weak point on our D so far. The fact that it doesn't saying just show how we'll rounded our D is at the moment. Sucks to take out Cube, but with Robidoux in, there just ain't any room left for him unless injuries strike.

Wed have one of the most well rounded D Corps in the NHL if we added Robidoux.

Emelin could easily go away yes he brings a few good hits on a good night, but I doubt we'll ever see the day where he will have more than 25pts in an NHL season.

PricePkPatch*

Emelin could easily go away yes he brings a few good hits on a good night, but I doubt we'll ever see the day where he will have more than 25pts in an NHL season.

So Emelin is supposed to be a PMD now?

He brings a much needed physical aspect to the game. Marginal hit utility usually go up with the numbers; hits #20 in a night is gonna have more impact than hit #5. We never have too many quality hitters.

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
I want to Habs to go for a physical defensive D-man. If one of are Offence d-men go down there 2 to replace.
I would target
O'Brien, Shane or O'Byrne, Ryan from Colorado. If you really want to bring someone back :)

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
So Emelin is supposed to be a PMD now?

He brings a much needed physical aspect to the game. Marginal hit utility usually go up with the numbers; hits #20 in a night is gonna have more impact than hit #5. We never have too many quality hitters.

Well he does a good job at it and I'm glad he's on the team, but let's face the fact that aside from bringing us good body checks and a physical identity we shouldn't expect him to ever bring more to the table. He's no Gorges and certainly not going to be a Markov.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
maybe you should read properly before you post. You don't get it at all. He never said that subban should be replaced all he said is that he can only play the RD and those three guys are our RD.

All hab fans know that Emelin is a left D.

He has been used, out of position on the right side, this year. But he is a
left D.

Now, which three guys did you mean on the right side?????

PricePkPatch*

If MB wishes to sign Robida 2 years in ths summer, I think it would be a good move. You can't have too much good leaders and effective veterans.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto

Markov-Robidas
Gorges-Diaz
Emelin-Subban

HUH???

Did you mean that the habs should pick up a 3.3 million contract for
a player that "and depth".
Or were you serious, that the habs should pay Robidas 3.3 in order
to improve the market for D men.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
And lets be fair here. If Robidas played hockey, even close to Diaz, Dallas
wouldn't be talking about moving him.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
But then the habs are desperately short of small players. So it's alright
to over pay to fill that need in our team.

PricePkPatch*

HUH???

Did you mean that the habs should pick up a 3.3 million contract for
a player that "and depth".
Or were you serious, that the habs should pay Robidas 3.3 in order
to improve the market for D men.

Mostly the first, but we should be opportune and take advantage of the 2nd.

Adding depth by the top is the best outcome. We can safely dispose of our current #7 or #8 D if opportunity arise because we helped dry up the D market by taking out McDo and Girardi :naughty:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
We will be in the market for dmen if injuries hit.

Bergevin may simply be inquiring what things would cost ahead of time, so that if a couple injuries happen he can pull the trigger rapidly.

Yup, still a lot of games left...anything could happen to one or two of our top 4 dmen and then we're in a bit of trouble.

Good GMs prepare ahead of time...at least that's what I'd do (inquiring ahead of time,etc). I would just hope the price is not too hefty. Robidas is a solid top 3-4 warrior (top 2 on some teams), so I don't expect him to be FREE.

Bouillon/Emelin-Subban
Markov-Robidas
Gorges-Diaz

IF Markov gets injured again:cry::
Bouillon-Subban
Emelin-Robidas
Gorges-Diaz

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
And lets be fair here. If Robidas played hockey, even close to Diaz, Dallas
wouldn't be talking about moving him.

Not sure if Dallas wants to move him...teams may be inquiring and for a reason...he's darn good. Dallas may just be picking up the phone...we're just guessing here!

Robidas: seen him plenty of times in playoffs...he's a warrior:handclap:. This is why teams are/should be inquiring about him...imho.

Grit:
Robidas>Diaz

Offense/defense:
Robidas>=Diaz

Defense:
Robidas

Youth/age!:
Diaz>Robidas

Playoffs and experience:
Robidas by a landslide, but...not fair to Diaz since we haven't seen him yet in NHL playoffs...can't wait to see how he is when the REAL SEASON starts. I've been happy with Diaz but I want to see if he can pass the real test. Is he gritty enough...does he have a big playoffs heart...Subban, Gorges, Robidas....

Anyways...we'd want Diaz to be good too...even if we get Robidas.
Robidas would not be replacing anyone imo...Bergevin may just be inquiring in case of an injury. Robidas would be replacing the injured dman...hopefully we stay healthy but it happens every season...injuries.
If not...this is for sure...Robidas>>>>>>>>>Emelin.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
He would definitely help us, but if we are going to pay assets to add a d-man it should be a big 6'3" 6'4" stay at home guy that can play top 4 minutes and clear the crease on PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad