Habs in on Robidas

• Thread starter bigtimehockeyfan999*
  • Start date

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Meh, we could be targeting worst players, but... does that mean he takes Emelin roster spot?
And what would we do with 9 D-Men anyways?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Of course, Bergevin's first roster trade move will be acquiring another undersized D. :sarcasm:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If he takes Kaberle's spot, I wouldn't be mad. Depth is important, especially for us.

I think there are more relevant things to do than replace a 4M backup D-Men by a 3.3M backup D-Men.

I mean... if we get Robidas, there's no way that's to act as a 7th D-Men, and frankly, that probably means he takes the spot of Emelin, because I can't see any other possibility.

But why going for a 5'11 D-Men, exactly?

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
Well that makes it a lock. Garrioch says Cole out, Ek says Robidas in. Put that together, it's a done deal.

:sarcasm:

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
By taking emelins spot you mean on the starting lineup in terms of top-4 right? Emelin would still be in the starting lineup I'm guessing. I would assume bouillon would not play over emelin, or am I mistaken? I'd be quite mad to see Emelin a healthy scratch.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
By taking emelins spot you mean on the starting lineup in terms of top-4 right? Emelin would still be in the starting lineup I'm guessing. I would assume bouillon would not play over emelin, or am I mistaken? I'd be quite mad to see Emelin a healthy scratch.

Robidas would take the roster spot of either Subban, Emelin or Diaz. Bouillon has absolutely nothing to do with this.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Odd man out is Emelin if we get a Defenceman sadly.

Bouillon is playing better than him.

Not only that, but Bouillon is playing LD.

Flashback to 12 years ago, Robidas was traded because... he was terrible at LD when he was stuck playing there. It destroyed its confidence.

Bringing Robidas back to take the place of ANY LD would be pure idiocy.

thegreatgasby*

Robidas would take the roster spot of either Subban, Emelin or Diaz. Bouillon has absolutely nothing to do with this.

take the spot of subban ? do you read your self before submiting your post:shakehead

Habtchum*

Meh, we could be targeting worst players, but... does that mean he takes Emelin roster spot?
And what would we do with 9 D-Men anyways?

We don't have the cap space to accomodate him.

Weber would had to be dealt and Kaberle too if possible.

Who would be out of the line up then ? Robidas is a rightie. Emelin would had to be moved back to left...

Not a necessary move if it's true.

I thought Dallas was in dire need of d-men. Eklund is also writing that 3 other teams are looking at him, Ottawa being one of them, which is making sense.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I shouldn't have to explain what Subban, Diaz and Emelin have in common.

No, you shouldn't, but you should also have to defend how stupid you sound including him as just another right side dman.

Jmac1160*

take the spot of subban ? do you read your self before submiting your post:shakehead

maybe you should read properly before you post. You don't get it at all. He never said that subban should be replaced all he said is that he can only play the RD and those three guys are our RD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad