Habs in on Robidas

• Thread starter bigtimehockeyfan999*
  • Start date

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
If indeed we've travelled back in time to 2002 I would have thought I'd have more hair.

Jmac1160*

No, you shouldn't, but you should also have to defend how stupid you sound including him as just another right side dman.

you also would have to be an idiot to actually think robidas would take subbans spot. seriously

Jmac1160*

Robidas is the stars number 1 dman. If its a fairly low price then I would take him in a second. Anybody who thinks otherwise should just take a step back and think about it. Not sure but say if we did get Robidas...What about if we sat Boullion and moved Emelin to the other side? bad idea?

thegreatgasby*

maybe you should read properly before you post. You don't get it at all. He never said that subban should be replaced all he said is that he can only play the RD and those three guys are our RD.

Well for me if a player wouldnt be replaced i dont insert is name in my post. that like me saying pittsburgh are getting a 3rd liner centerman so he should take the spot of either crosby , malkin, , joe vitale or b.sutter .

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
(Weber or Kaberle) + ??? for Robidas?

1. Gorges – Subban
2. Markov - Robidas
3. (Emelin/Bouillon) – Diaz
#7: Bouillon/Emelin

Robidas is, right now, a much better top4 D than Emelin.
Emelin looked better as a LD in 2011-12.
Robidas would look better than Bouillon on the point during the PP
Bouillon (or Emelin) is a better #7D than Kaberle

At first, mostly because of my wish for a bigger D squad, I was “Robidas... wtf!†but I must admit that our D squad would be better.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
And Emelin is actually a LD, iirc. So while Emelin may lose his spot at RD, if a LD is placed/scratched, Emelin takes that spot and Robidas would take the RD spot left by him.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Would rather be targetting a big , physical dman who can fill the shut down role and punch in the odd face when needed.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Would rather be targetting a big , physical dman who can fill the shut down role and punch in the odd face when needed.

If we get a guy who can fight, I'd rather he be able to punch the good looking players as well.

Don't hate me.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
There is no reason the Habs would be interested in Robidas at this point. This is pure and utter speculation with no logic or reasoning behind it.

Quite frankly, I think he just makes those rumors to get Habs fans talking and checking his site. Then again I think that's probably common knowledge around here... right?

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec

Tinordi, a LD, is knocking at the door. And Robidas, a RD, only has one more year left at his contract. I don’t want Bergevin to go on a frantic buyer mode but if the deal is “Weber or Kaberle†+ ??? for Robidas... why not!

There is no reason the Habs would be interested in Robidas at this point. This is pure and utter speculation with no logic or reasoning behind it.

Quite frankly, I think he just makes those rumors to get Habs fans talking and checking his site. Then again I think that's probably common knowledge around here... right?

Regarding the bolded part... Robidas is a better top 4 D than Emelin and the price would not be exorbitant. And yes, we all know it's Eklund!

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Regarding the bolded part... Robidas is a better top 4 D than Emelin and the price would not be exorbitant. And yes, we all know it's Eklund!

Yea I guess you're right, I mean obviously he is an upgrade over some of our current defensemen in certain aspects. But I'm just pointing out that it really doesn't make sense that we would be looking to upgrade on defense right now, at least in my opinion!

I guess the whole point of Eklund is good-natured fantasy talk though, which I can admit is quite enjoyable at times.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
lol. we're holding teams to under 25 shots a game, and maybe 4-5 decent chances to score.

leave the team as is...or trade some spare parts for drafts picks.

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
Yea I guess you're right, I mean obviously he is an upgrade over some of our current defensemen in certain aspects. But I'm just pointing out that it really doesn't make sense that we would be looking to upgrade on defense right now, at least in my opinion!

I guess the whole point of Eklund is good-natured fantasy talk though, which I can admit is quite enjoyable at times.

Just for the record: I am willing to wait for Tinordi (2013-14) and move on with our current D squad. As I mentioned, my first reaction was “Robidas... wtf!” then I switched to “Why not!”. Geeez... what a thorough analysis eh?!

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Robidas:yo::handclap::yo:

I would love to see him in a Hab jersey again!!
There better be some truth to this rumor or I'll be so pissed off!:p:

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Diaz
Bouillon/Emelin-Robidas

(can't get Byfuglien 'cause the price is too pricey...Robidas is another great option...hopefully not too expensive)

Kaberle+Weber= only if you're going for a top 10 overall draft pick!!;):help:

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Seriously our team is firing on all cylinders right now and the only roster move I would make is to get rid of Gionta. Don't touch the defense.

Robidas would have been an option before we got Bouillon now it's too late.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Robidas:yo::handclap::yo:

I would love to see him in a Hab jersey again!!
There better be some truth to this rumor or I'll be so pissed off!:p:

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Diaz
Bouillon/Emelin-Robidas

(can't get Byfuglien 'cause the price is too pricey...Robidas is another great option...hopefully not too expensive)

Kaberle+Weber= only if you're going for a top 10 overall draft pick!!;):help:

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Just for the record: I am willing to wait for Tinordi (2013-14) and move on with our current D squad. As I mentioned, my first reaction was “Robidas... wtf!†then I switched to “Why not!â€. Geeez... what a thorough analysis eh?!

That's probably the thought process most people went through in this thread: "wtf? meh, I guess it could work!" After all, Robidas is pretty good! But I'm with you, I'm fine with moving forward with this defense squad as it is.

VL55

Aug 12, 2010
Montreal

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

Yeah, nothing against Robidas. He's courageous and a smart player, but he's not exactly the best fit here. The core does need some interior presence to balance things out.

the team could have addressed this earlier had they not handcuffed themselves with kaberle's deal, and just let spacek's contract expire. Then they went out with less funds on the open market and got another gutsy but small frame in bouillon, rather than a bryan allen type. Its just another reason to hate that kaberle deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->