Habs in on Robidas

• Thread starter bigtimehockeyfan999*
  • Start date

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
would only make sense if we suffered a long-term injury to one of our top-4 dmen (subban/gorges/markov/diaz), and then only if we could get him without giving up any quality young assests/picks and/or sending kaberle the other way.

in short, doesn't make much sense.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Depth in the D certainly isn't a bad thing, especially if we add on the top of our depth chart instead of under.

Plus, the more we reduce the number of available Ds in the league, the higher price for Ds will get if we decide to sell Kaberle or Weber.

Markov-Robidas
Gorges-Diaz
Emelin-Subban

That's starting to be a mean D. Weak point would be Diaz, but he handled himself better than expected so far.

Plus, I believe Robidas is an experienced and rather leading veteran, is he not? We potentially would have a better shot at contention.
Diaz worse than Emelin? :laugh:

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
If you disagree, bring more argument to the table than a smiley

I agree with him, Diaz is better overall. Emelin pretty good don't get me wrong, but I feel like Diaz is just as good as him on a defensive standpoint, and Diaz is WAY better than Emelin on offense.

The only thing Emelin can do that Diaz can't is destroy people in the corner, and that's why i'd still keep both unless the offer is amazing

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
If you disagree, bring more argument to the table than a smiley
The only thing Emelin is better than Diaz at is the physical aspect. Diaz is smarter with and without the puck, his positioning is fantastic, he rarely gets beat, his shots are on target, he's got a great first pass, and he never holds onto the puck too long. He makes his decisions very quickly.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Emelin fan and he's a very good defenseman, however, Diaz brings a lot more to the table and does it at a higher level.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I find it funny timing as Dallas fans are looking for dman because of injuries I believe. I mean its possible by deadline but to come out at this time when they are looking for defensive depth doesn't make sense for Dallas. Unless we give them 2 dmen back.

PricePkPatch*

I find it funny timing as Dallas fans are looking for dman because of injuries I believe. I mean its possible by deadline but to come out at this time when they are looking for defensive depth doesn't make sense for Dallas. Unless we give them 2 dmen back.

Kaberle + Bouillon?

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Well he's better than Emelin (and Boullion, but Boullion is untouchable as long as Therrien is around), but that doesn't really say much. Good player, but past his prime and not the kind of defender we need, is he?

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Its Eklund. He took saw a playing originating from quebec that is likely to be traded then made the rumor to montreal only because he know it'd give him a few tens of thousand hits.

Robidas to Montreal makes no sense and it won't happen. He's better than some of our defensemen but doesn't bring anything different.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Its Eklund. He took saw a playing originating from quebec that is likely to be traded then made the rumor to montreal only because he know it'd give him a few tens of thousand hits.

Robidas to Montreal makes no sense and it won't happen. He's better than some of our defensemen but doesn't bring anything different.

Eklund has been on something of a roll lately, but this strikes me as attention grabbing 101 - linking a Quebecois player with Montreal is guaranteed a few hits.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
C'mon guys. Watch the games. Robidas would probably be the best Habs d-man right now. I love Markov better but he has slowed down -- only the PP and hockey sense makes him slightly better than Robidas. Subban will be better but isn't as polished as Robidas is right now. Diaz plays great, but we still don't know if he will sustain that caliber of hockey for the whole season. Then Robidas is clearly head and shoulders better than Emelin, Bouillon and Gorges. Dammit, he was an all star last year while Habs didn't get any player! He's Dallas #1 d-man for the last 3-4 years, playing 25-30 minutes a game!

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
The only thing Emelin is better than Diaz at is the physical aspect. Diaz is smarter with and without the puck, his positioning is fantastic, he rarely gets beat, his shots are on target, he's got a great first pass, and he never holds onto the puck too long. He makes his decisions very quickly.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Emelin fan and he's a very good defenseman, however, Diaz brings a lot more to the table and does it at a higher level.

I agree, plus Diaz has 10x the hockey sense Emelin does.

PricePkPatch*

If they move Robidas at the deadline while out of contention, it is for picks/prospects, not players just as old or older than Robidas!

Weber, Kaberle + 2nd for Robidoux?

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa

Have to disagree. Diaz' positioning is mediocre. He does good against the boards (usually first to the puck), but gets beat often in front of the net, moreso than Emelin.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Have to disagree. Diaz' positioning is mediocre. He does good against the boards (usually first to the puck), but gets beat often in front of the net, moreso than Emelin.

Sorry, nobody on the D is out of position more often than Emelin, and I really do like the kid. Because he likes to take the body , he gets caught a lot.... out of position in the defensive end.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Sorry, nobody on the D is out of position more often than Emelin, and I really do like the kid. Because he likes to take the body , he gets caught a lot.... out of position in the defensive end.

And why is he out of position all the time? I'll tell you.
Markov doesn't move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->