Pre-Game Talk: Habs Heading Out West vs Ducks, Sharks, Kings & Blue Jackets

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Honestly what else is to be done except for blending until something works. Very few combinations have yielded sustained results everything has looked bad eventually or right away. This is a bad hockey team with a bunch of players that don't fit together
Anderson and Dvorak in particular are just not players who will do well in MSL's system. They should be moved the moment anything of value gets offered.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Harris is out indefinitely too I see. Yep blame the medical staff.

Man it has to be challenging to play on a bad team. Losing takes it toll.

Honestly what else is to be done except for blending until something works. Very few combinations have yielded sustained results everything has looked bad eventually or right away. This is a bad hockey team with a bunch of players that don't fit together
💯 %

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
What is with MSL's weird obsession with having Monahan on the 3rd line exactly? It somewhat made sense with Dvorak out. It's beyond bizarre now.

We don't nearly have enough horses to spread out the offence on 3 lines - just put him between CC and Slaf ffs.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Gally on the 1st is something. Maybe put Slaf there with Newie and Suzuki and keep Caufield on the 2nd instead?

What is with MSL's weird obsession with having Monahan on the 3rd line exactly? It somewhat made sense with Dvorak out. It's beyond bizarre now.

We don't nearly have enough horses to spread out the offence on 3 lines - just put him between CC and Slaf ffs.
Monahan has not looked good the last 3-ish games. He's probably injured...

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto

They are trying to prop up Dvorak so they could trade him at the deadline...(I hope).

Reactions: The Real Timo

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick
Another trip out West... Super stoked.

200w.gif

Reactions: The Real Timo

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
So these are MSL's lines.

Newhook-Suzuki-Gallagher
Caufield-Dvorak-Slafkovsky
Pearson-Monahan-Anderson
Pezzetta-Evans-Ylonen

I think the Suzuki line is too small and won't be able to maintain Ozone presence. I would switch Gally and Pearson. Or better,

Slafkovsky-Suzuki-Newhook
Caufield-Monahan-Ylonen
Gallagher-Dvorak-Anderson
Pezzetta-Evans-Pearson

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Isn't that the goal with Monahan?

Dvorak's value won't really change much.
Well, if that is the case (Monahan), that line up isn't going to help him much ;)
(Though I suppose, with Monahan on the third line, it could prop up Anderson...albeit, that's a pie in the sky type dreaming...)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad