Pre-Game Talk: Habs Heading Out West vs Ducks, Sharks, Kings & Blue Jackets

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
one-ring-them-all-lotr.gif

A pre-game thread that encompasses 4 games — best thread of its kind, ever.

Could we not do the same for GDTs? :sarcasm:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
McGuire still talking up Struble on 690 like he's been doing since before the Habs even drafted him. One of the first things I heard him say about Struble back then was that he was a real nasty piece of business to play against on the ice.

I haven't watched Struble play so is what Pierre had to say about him back then still stand a few years later?

Reactions: Tyson

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
McGuire still talking up Struble on 690 like he's been doing since before the Habs even drafted him. One of the first things I heard him say about Struble back then was that he was a real nasty piece of business to play against on the ice.

I haven't watched Struble play so is what Pierre had to say about him back then still stand a few years later?

Yes, he's a good skater & a big hitter. He's not afraid to stand up for himself or teammates. He's not tall, only about 6 feet, but he's a freaking bull, a real physical beast.

Doesn't have a strong offensive game. If he develops well, he's a Radko Gudas or Robert Bertuzzo type. A punishing defensive player.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

I watched him here during prep school & college days …. Yup he’s nasty w elite skating / balance abilities

I’ve mentioned before if he can get over the eagerness to force plays, and continue growth as he gains experience, ceiling is high IMO

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Yes, he's a good skater & a big hitter. He's not afraid to stand up for himself or teammates. He's not tall, only about 6 feet, but he's a freaking bull, a real physical beast.

Doesn't have a strong offensive game. If he develops well, he's a Radko Gudas or Robert Bertuzzo type. A punishing defensive player.
Struble is an elite skater even by NHL standards right now… those players are not. Strubel also has a top end shot w quick release, and isn’t scared to pinch

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Struble may have developed a reputation for not being a real offensive dynamo but he looks good playing offense in Laval. 6 points in 12 games and a +4 on a bad defensive team says alot.
If MSL needs more toughness then I suggest you play him.

So why is Harris in the lineup and Strubel isn't?
Didn't Harris graduate NCAA a year earlier than Struble? I could be wrong.

Reactions: The Real Timo

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Didn't Harris graduate NCAA a year earlier than Struble? I could be wrong.
Yes, Harris is older and Struble was injured during pre-season and he was cleared as Laval camp was opening so he was sent there without playing a single pre-season game with the Habs.

Reactions: Tyson

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
So why is Harris in the lineup and Strubel isn't?
A lot of those attributes are the same as Harris's.

I think Struble doesn't get a game this time around unless injuries occur. He's clearly here to see the practices and get a pay bump for his work in Laval. Most of Laval's d are struggling this year so Struble is likely the first call up until someone else shows anything.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
A lot of those attributes are the same as Harris's.

I think Struble doesn't get a game this time around unless injuries occur. He's clearly here to see the practices and get a pay bump for his work in Laval. Most of Laval's d are struggling this year so Struble is likely the first call up until someone else shows anything.
I have no doubts that he plays 1-2 games on the trip.

Reactions: Runner77

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Struble is an elite skater even by NHL standards right now… those players are not. Strubel also has a top end shot w quick release, and isn’t scared to pinch

Struble can't get his shot through. Majority of the time it gets blocked.

He is not even close to an elite or top end anything. You should expect few points from him, but lots of hits.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Struble can't get his shot through. Majority of the time it gets blocked.

He is not even close to an elite or top end anything. You should expect few points from him, but lots of hits.
His skating & edge work has always been elite at every level he’s been at especially for someone with that build & style of physical play

Agree - he won’t be a pts producer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad