Rumor: Habs Have Shown Interest in Puljujarvi

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
They don’t have alote of depth in goalie they can take Lindgren to !

Of course, i would not even blink. It's not like we expect any of them to be that useful for us going forward. Mike Reilly is another i would add to that list so is McCarron.

Reactions: Vachon23

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Have to remember that the GM now in Edmonton is Ken Holland. And while I agree with you that the Oilers need results now, he is still the GM who instilled a culture in Detroit that preached patience with their prospects.

In Puljujarvi's case, his development has been so poorly managed by the organization that Holland is playing a bit of catch-up in his case. And playing in Finland is probably the best place for this kid to play in Holland's book. Because the AHL is out of the question. Puljujarvi said he doesn't want to go there. So if Edmonton is not an option and neither is Bakersfield, then Finland it is.

Not to say he won't be moved. But at the moment, as still a property of the Edmonton Oilers, the best course of action is Finland. And Holland may be fine with that unless he gets what he wants in a trade.

I’m of the same opinion. Edmonton getting a lowly return for him now, would be a panic move and wouldn’t help satisfy any immediate needs. It’s not that whatever they’d get for him would net them a difference maker. There’s more value in letting him marinate in Finland and seeing if he can recover the form that made him an early draft pick.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wouldn't put too much into this. The whole world knows they have to settle to get it done.

I think something like Byron/Armia (choice) + a 2nd/3rd round pick would make the Oilers pull the trigger.

I tend to give weight to what Rishaug reports about the Oilers. He's as well connected as it gets.

Maybe this is also why the Oilers are not getting a deal done. If he's reporting they're looking for a first round pick as well as a top 9, then it's probably causing a lot of teams to back down.

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I tend to give weight to what Rishaug reports about the Oilers. He's as well connected as it gets.

Maybe this is also why the Oilers are not getting a deal done. If he's reporting they're looking for a first round pick on top of a top 9, then it's probably causing a lot of teams to back down.

Yeah, a first rounder I’m sure is a no go for most teams. A rebuilder would be interested in Puljujarvi but they need their top-15 pick more.

A retooling to bubble team would be interested but a 16-22 pick would need to be attached with a B prospect which I can’t comment for other teams but for the Habs, I’m sure they’d still like to hold on to that pick if the cost is a Juulsen/Fleury/whoever.

A contender would likely have zero interest. Those first round picks are saved for rentals at TDL.

This is all assuming the reported ask is true. People have to keep in mind Puljujarvi is a RFA so he’ll have contract demands to deal with and it doesn’t seem to me a show me deal will be much interest. The fact he is a RFA to me means the price should be lower.

Anyhow, Edmonton needs immediate help. Not sure how stock piling picks benefits them. A middle-6 NHLer with term maybe and a 3rd rounder is the max IMO.

Reactions: ArsHabs

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
A 1st? For a guy circling the bust drain?

Those guys got cocky after moving Lucic without having to fork over assets they think they can get away with just about anything.

No one will give them more than a Hudon for him, straight up. He's another Yakupov.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Maybe this is also why the Oilers are not getting a deal done. If he's reporting they're looking for a first round pick as well as a top 9, then it's probably causing a lot of teams to back down.

I would never pay that price...you can give that and get a bonafide NHLer instead.
So nobody will pay that price, it's going to be a lot less than that.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

My take away from this is that they'd rather gamble on Puju long term than a 2nd or 3rd, so the price is a 1st and a prospect if it's futures. But, they may be open to a 3rd liner now with term on his contract. That seems reasonable, given some believe Puju has upside.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I would never pay that price...you can give that and get a bonafide NHLer instead.
So nobody will pay that price, it's going to be a lot less than that.

Totally. You have to look at what else you can get for what the Oil is asking and it’s certainly more than Puljujarvi.

Reactions: Milhouse40

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

77b60ID.gif

Talk about delusional. They will get absolutely nothing if they keep that shit up. The return they got for Yakupov is pretty much the maximum they should expect here.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
I really hope MB is all over this and can make this happen, seems like the perfect try for us, winger with size and high offensive upside, price shouldn't be too steep for a prospect his caliber because he got poorly managed.
Best U20 for under18
Psa24SN.png

Reactions: MMANumminen

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
The most I would pay for Puljujarvi is Byron +a B prospect like Evans + a third round pick...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad