Rumor: Habs Have Shown Interest in Puljujarvi

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It’s that plus several other red flags like wanting to play for only certain teams and saying that the team that takes has to play him on the top 6 and play him at least 15 minutes. Grow the **** up and earn it and then you’ll play that and more.

Add the fact that he don't seems able to learn English which is a huge problem in order to coach him.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Zubrus had 16 points his 3rd season (in 80 games) and i remember clearly him looking bad with the Flyers that year in fact i was very disappointed he was the return for Recchi ....

True but he did put up 33 points in 70 games the years before that.
That's the difference between him and a guy like Pulujarvi…..never showed that much yet and he should have.
Just producing more than the average 4th liner would be a start

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Add the fact that he don't seems able to learn English which is a huge problem in order to coach him.

Scherbak was a polyglot and look where that got him. :laugh:

Kidding aside, how does he not have a working knowledge of English after three years spent in NA?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If we get JP...Laine will soon follow..lol

These 2 guys are best friends.....be smart to get JP...

upload_2019-8-26_2-42-4-jpeg.251427

I'm surprised no one had ever paid close attention to Puljujarvi's logo before.

bJ2fuJK.jpg

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
His play on the ice and the 15 goals he scored are a tangible example of his value. He would have been on his way to a third twenty goal season in a row. I didn’t think this needed to be pointed out but there you have it.
guess you did not look at the numbers of the "random players" I named...

you're right about one thing though, random players is exactly what they are!

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
If Bergevin trades Brook for Puljujarvi, he should be fired, twice.

Don't worry I won't! My biggest concern is why this guy wants to trade Juulsen or Brook for Puljujarvie... It's like giving away a player for an AHLer

The argument is we have good prospect depth at RD between Juulsen, Fleury and Brook. I don't see any of them being more than a #4/5 D man and I think it's reasonable to move one of them for a guy that has true goal scoring potential. Yes, he (JP) could bust. But I think it's possible that none of those guys end up being more than replacement level defensemen. And I also think that all 3 of those RD's have a floor of 6/7 d men and having 2 of the 3 still gives us good depth.

To me, it's worth it. Even though he hasn't fit in Edmonton, I think JP has high end potential and is much more likely to reach his potential in Montreal than Edmonton, partially due to the fact that we do have lots of Finns that would help him feel more comfortable.

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
The argument is we have good prospect depth at RD between Juulsen, Fleury and Brook. I don't see any of them being more than a #4/5 D man and I think it's reasonable to move one of them for a guy that has true goal scoring potential. Yes, he (JP) could bust. But I think it's possible that none of those guys end up being more than replacement level defensemen. And I also think that all 3 of those RD's have a floor of 6/7 d men and having 2 of the 3 still gives us good depth.

To me, it's worth it. Even though he hasn't fit in Edmonton, I think JP has high end potential and is much more likely to reach his potential in Montreal than Edmonton, partially due to the fact that we do have lots of Finns that would help him feel more comfortable.

Trading Brook for him would be ludicrous... Not saying he wouldn’t fit in MTL, but he shouldn’t fetch more than a 3rd + grade b prospect. Not worth it otherwise imo.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

Brook definitely has the potential to be a top 2 defenseman.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal

That’s how Gainey felt about McDonagh.

Jul 6, 2016
Maybe if you read the rest of the post and the previous replies instead of focusing on 1 line you wouldn't be so sick and tired.

And it wasn't just a handful of games, it was about 20% of the season. He spent the last 14 games with DLR and Hudon and a bunch of games throughout the season with a combination of McCaron, Mitchell, Scherbak and Lehkonen.

That's a handful for me. the kid was coming back from a serious injury and was not in game shape at all.

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
MTL fans thinking about getting Poolparty as a good thing is as ridiculous as other teams’ fans considering taking guys like Hudon or McCarron because “change of scenery” or “ on verge of breaking out”.

PLEASE.

He’s a bust

Reactions: barbu

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Who is the Finn that has a video game addiction, is it him?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Who is the Finn that has a video game addiction, is it him?

It was initially thought to be Olli Juolevi however, Jeff Marek who had broken the story, denied that it was Juolevi:

I don't think the identity of the gamer was ever revealed.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Ye, doubt big time that the habs will take Pulju, we are an organisation that doesn't want to take pet project anymore.
Would really be a wtf moment if bergevin traded a top 9 for Pulju.
Drouin says hi.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Could project to work with depending what you give for. 3rd rounder is fine with me. Or mid-prospect like Cole Fondstad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad