Rumor: Habs Have Shown Interest in Puljujarvi

Marc Bergevin

Nov 2, 2018
Quebec
I have on question for you guys, if I trade for Puljujarvie, he's gonna be on the fourth Line.... Because yes Caufield, Gallagher and Suzuki are better Right Winger then him... Poolparty Said he wants to play Top 6, there is a spot now but in 2/3 years it's dead .. so idrk if we should Trade for him.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
Byron is not a game breaker. Not a big impact on the outcome of a season.
He wouldn't be that hard to replace him.

I wouldn't be too quick to jump on the "wouldn't be hard to replace him" bandwagon. Look at the stats from last season without him. He's a gamer too.. and we just lost our biggest one this offseason, you don't want to lose to many of those types.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
If the Habs aren't doing well, I feel like we could get a second or maybe a first for Byron at the deadline. He can score, play anywhere in the lineup, kill penalties. He's be a great weapon for a contender in the playoffs.

I wouldn't trade him for Puljujarvi.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I have on question for you guys, if I trade for Puljujarvie, he's gonna be on the fourth Line.... Because yes Caufield, Gallagher and Suzuki are better Right Winger then him... Poolparty Said he wants to play Top 6, there is a spot now but in 2/3 years it's dead .. so idrk if we should Trade for him.

He'll be out of the NHL within 2 years, so worry not, Marc.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I guess being a consistent goal scoring threat has little impact in the game of hockey?

Or maybe being able to burn 75% of the league in foot speed isn't a good thing anymore?
at 30 years old the guy has 85 NHL goals...

yeah yeah I know, he didnt play full time since 18 or something, still... 30 years old, 85 NHL goals...

I mean, do you consider A. Kostytsin to have been an impactful player ? Jan Bulis maybe ? Andreas Dackell ? Patrick Poulin ? Turner Stevenson ?

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
this is not a serious question.

Yes, it is.

yeah yeah I know, he didnt play full time since 18 or something, still... 30 years old, 85 NHL goals...

I mean, do you consider A. Kostytsin to have been an impactful player ? Jan Bulis maybe ? Andreas Dackell ? Patrick Poulin ? Turner Stevenson ?

That's not much of an argument against Byron, and you've chosen random examples of players that are not in any way comparable to Byron.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I wouldn't be too quick to jump on the "wouldn't be hard to replace him" bandwagon. Look at the stats from last season without him. He's a gamer too.. and we just lost our biggest one this offseason, you don't want to lose to many of those types.

apparently, the room is filled with gamers and/or character guys, yet the last 4 seasons...

Reactions: Capitano

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Yes, it is.

That's not much of an argument against Byron, and you've chosen random examples of players that are not in any way comparable to Byron.
So, since you do not have a tangible example of how Paul Byron impacts the game, you "seriously" ask me how he is NOT ?? you're dead serious now ?? :laugh::laugh::laugh: calice... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

some bigger, some faster, some better passers, some better scorers, some better on the dot, some better defensively... yet their overall performance did not change much for the team they played for.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I think this Beaudoin guy is Puljuing our leg!

PJ is dumb as a brick and has attitude issues. Lacks intensity as well.

All things the Habs brass look for in players these days and all things PJ is lacking.

Like another poster said, Hudon is the most I would give up. Hell I would add a 7th rounder if it makes Oilers brass happy.

You don't trade actual commodities for what ifs.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Byron will likely be traded before his deal is up, considering the young players coming into the lineup. I don't see him being moved this year unless we're either completely out of it, or a young player like Suzuki or Poeling firmly establishing themselves as a top 9 force. Not that either player will directly take his spot but their emergence would create a domino effect that would make him expendable. I don't see either of those things happening this year before the deadline.

To me, he likely stays and is moved for picks in the offseason, just like Shaw. But for this year, he's a valuable guy that can play and produce at a decent clip anywhere in the lineup. He's been averaging 20+ goals for 3 straight seasons and is an excellent PKer and OT guy due to his speed.

If the Habs go for Puljujarvi I see it being more likely for another young player/prospect. ie Juulsen, Brook, etc. I could see them taking a shot at him just because we do have Finns here and at least part of his issue has been language and feeling comfortable in the room. I think he could do well on KK's wing. However, I can also see the management being concerned that he could be a poor influence and not loving his attitude.

I hear the Gallagher/Caufield/Suzuki depth argument but I'd say when you have a player that has this kind of potential, you go for it. Caufield I can see being a good LW. Suzuki I think might be a better C than RW, and if Pulji works out, he gives you a dimension that doesn't exist elsewhere in the lineup - a big, RH, winger who can score from in tight and play with elite players.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I think this Beaudoin guy is Puljuing our leg!

PJ is dumb as a brick and has attitude issues. Lacks intensity as well.

All things the Habs brass look for in players these days and all things PJ is lacking.

Like another poster said, Hudon is the most I would give up. Hell I would add a 7th rounder if it makes Oilers brass happy.

You don't trade actual commodities for what ifs.
huh, happens every single year at TDL... :help:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Byron will likely be traded before his deal is up, considering the young players coming into the lineup. I don't see him being moved this year unless we're either completely out of it, or a young player like Suzuki or Poeling firmly establishing themselves as a top 9 force. Not that either player will directly take his spot but their emergence would create a domino effect that would make him expendable. I don't see either of those things happening this year before the deadline.

To me, he likely stays and is moved for picks in the offseason, just like Shaw. But for this year, he's a valuable guy that can play and produce at a decent clip anywhere in the lineup. He's been averaging 20+ goals for 3 straight seasons and is an excellent PKer and OT guy due to his speed.

If the Habs go for Puljujarvi I see it being more likely for another young player/prospect. ie Juulsen, Brook, etc. I could see them taking a shot at him just because we do have Finns here and at least part of his issue has been language and feeling comfortable in the room. I think he could do well on KK's wing. However, I can also see the management being concerned that he could be a poor influence and not loving his attitude.

I hear the Gallagher/Caufield/Suzuki depth argument but I'd say when you have a player that has this kind of potential, you go for it. Caufield I can see being a good LW. Suzuki I think might be a better C than RW, and if Pulji works out, he gives you a dimension that doesn't exist elsewhere in the lineup - a big, RH, winger who can score from in tight and play with elite players.

If Bergevin trades Brook for Puljujarvi, he should be fired, twice.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He'll be out of the NHL within 2 years, so worry not, Marc.

But ... but ... all those Finns on our team will make him better by simple association, haven’t you heard? :sarcasm:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
So, since you do not have a tangible example of how Paul Byron impacts the game, you "seriously" ask me how he is NOT ?? you're dead serious now ?? :laugh::laugh::laugh: calice... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

some bigger, some faster, some better passers, some better scorers, some better on the dot, some better defensively... yet their overall performance did not change much for the team they played for.

His play on the ice and the 15 goals he scored are a tangible example of his value. He would have been on his way to a third twenty goal season in a row. I didn’t think this needed to be pointed out but there you have it.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Just saying that we're not talking about Price or Domi here. Not advocating that i want him out for that much.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013

I don't like to argue stats and such on these boards, we could both come up with stats to suit our argument. But I will stand by statement that he is a consistent threat offensively. Which is much more than could be said about pulju.

Reactions: Toene

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad